Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Cant get subs and amp to work. Need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant get subs and amp to work. Need help

Hey guys, I have been helping my friend install subs and an amp into his Nissan Titan but we cant get them to work for some odd reason. It is the stock rockford head unit with rockford subs and an amp (not sure which brand). We connected the line output converter to the rear speakers using the actual wires from the speakers so we know those are the right wires. Then the RCA connectors go to the amp. The amp is powering up according to the led so we know its getting a power and a good ground. However, there is no output to the subs at all and we have no idea what is going on. All grounds and fuses have been checked. We checked one of the subs directly going to the rear speaker wires we spliced into and sound does come out but not loudly since there isnt much power going to them.

You guys have any ideas or things we could try? We have used 2 diff line output converters and neither will work. How can we test to see if the amp works?

One thing that did happen during this is that his volume and tuning for the radio ***** dont work now for some reason but the volume control on the steering wheel do work. I have no idea if that has anything to do with it but it doesnt sound like it should.

This is just simple wiring so im not sure whats going on. I dont want to have to take this in cause i dont know what they would do differently in terms of wiring. Thanks
Old 08-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cant get subs and amp to work. Need help (dvp95)

Anyone? I think we are concerned the most about why the damn volume and tuning ***** dont work anymore. Everything else works fine including the volume control from the steering wheel.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Cant get subs and amp to work. Need help (dvp95)

IS the amp new?