Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Alpine Type R vs Type X???

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (sony224422)

im not doubting you know alot about stereos, but you have to understand that other people know stuff too, and you don't have to tell other people wrong information. not all speakers are the same.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sony224422 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yup my *** is smarter than you. anyways, yeah no your wrong. speakers are designed for different listening stages. lets think about that. are 3 or 4 ways the same as 2 ways. and componets. oh i guess they are according to you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

please please show me where i said all speakers are the same. please. if you do i'll drive to wherever you live and shake your hand and admit that you're smarter than me. if not...i'll hire english tutor to help you out. Now since you're clearly smarter than me, what style of music are compnents for? what about 4 ways? what are the pro's and con's of each?

on a side note. please define "different listening stages" I think you're confusing the capabilities of a speaker with the effects provided by a DSP.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and yeah you don't need rear speakers as i have seen you don't like because when the front are tuned right, they make the sound reproduced to make it sound like its all around you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

my opinion is you dont need rear speakers unless we're listening to a source which is recored with more than left and right. tell me your reasoning behind why we need them with reasons other than.
1. because honda put them there and they obviously know more than us.
2. so it doesnt sound hollow.
3. to have surround sound.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now, about rainbows, im sure they better than what you have.. what do you have, why don't you enlighten us</TD></TR></TABLE>

what makes you so sure of this and what makes rainbow so good? i mean in all fairness aren't the reference series components only $6000?
Old 01-16-2006, 06:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sony224422 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im not doubting you know alot about stereos, but you have to understand that other people know stuff too, and you don't have to tell other people wrong information. not all speakers are the same.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The problem is, nowhere did he say that all speakers are the same. He specifically said the quality of the speaker matters.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (EBP_SI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EBP_SI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

please please show me where i said all speakers are the same. please. if you do i'll drive to wherever you live and shake your hand and admit that you're smarter than me. if not...i'll hire english tutor to help you out. Now since you're clearly smarter than me, what style of music are compnents for? what about 4 ways? what are the pro's and con's of each?

on a side note. please define "different listening stages" I think you're confusing the capabilities of a speaker with the effects provided by a DSP.

my opinion is you dont need rear speakers unless we're listening to a source which is recored with more than left and right. tell me your reasoning behind why we need them with reasons other than.
2. so it doesnt sound hollow.
3. to have surround sound.

what makes you so sure of this and what makes rainbow so good? i mean in all fairness aren't the reference series components only $6000?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok so. 2-way speakers employ a larger driver (for bass and midrange) and a tweeter (for reproducing upper midrange and treble). a 3-way speaker has a woofer, a midrange and a tweeter. Both types of speakers usually include the required crossover components for the midrange and high frequency drivers.
Now for 4-ways, they are like 3-ways except they have another tweeter i believe, I can ADMIT that i don't know exactly how 4 ways work, and i do know they aren't that common.

Mmm every car dealer does. But it doesn't mean they know more, it just means they use crappy speakers to make the surround sound.

your side note of "different listening stages". I worded it wrongly, i apologize. i meant that better speakers when tuned right, will provide surround sound with just the front and subs. You don't need rears to make it appear to be surround sound. I mean the driver can't even hear the rears when there are good speakers in the front, so theres no point in having them.

maybe i misunderstood what you said about speakers being the same, but i thought thats what you were saying, and i think some other people might think the same thing. Now, granted i don't know everything about audio, i do alot more than most people around here.. i'm working in a local car audio place installing.. so im learning.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sony224422 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok so. 2-way speakers employ a larger driver (for bass and midrange) and a tweeter (for reproducing upper midrange and treble). a 3-way speaker has a woofer, a midrange and a tweeter. Both types of speakers usually include the required crossover components for the midrange and high frequency drivers.
Now for 4-ways, they are like 3-ways except they have another tweeter i believe, I can ADMIT that i don't know exactly how 4 ways work, and i do know they aren't that common.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

4 ways work the same. just another crossover point and a marketing gimmik.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe i misunderstood what you said about speakers being the same, but i thought thats what you were saying, and i think some other people might think the same thing. Now, granted i don't know everything about audio, i do alot more than most people around here.. i'm working in a local car audio place installing.. so im learning.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so in other words...i win j/k

as for my speakers.....

those are my current ones. before these came B&W Nautilus 803's and before those B&W CDM9NT's