Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Alpine alarm + turbo timer? Possible? Show me the way!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine alarm + turbo timer? Possible? Show me the way!

Okay,

I have an Alpine alarm which I bought a few years ago... I can't remember the product number but I don't think that matters...

I recently went into the shop that installed my alarm and asked them if my Alpine alarm would work with a turbo timer or if there is any way to make them work together...

They told me that there is absolutely no way to make an Alpine alarm work with a turbo timer and I would have to buy a Python alarm if I wanted a turbo timer.

Is this true? I figure there has to be a way to wire it up so both work...

I did some searching but couldn't come up with anything... if there is a thread on this already just show me the way!

Thanks for your help!

Old 01-11-2005, 08:07 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Alpine alarm + turbo timer? Possible? Show me the way! (EJ1 wilcox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay,

I have an Alpine alarm which I bought a few years ago... I can't remember the product number but I don't think that matters...

I recently went into the shop that installed my alarm and asked them if my Alpine alarm would work with a turbo timer or if there is any way to make them work together...

They told me that there is absolutely no way to make an Alpine alarm work with a turbo timer and I would have to buy a Python alarm if I wanted a turbo timer.

Is this true? I figure there has to be a way to wire it up so both work...

I did some searching but couldn't come up with anything... if there is a thread on this already just show me the way!

Thanks for your help!

</TD></TR></TABLE>You can make any alarm work with a turbo timer, and Alpine made a few alarms that have a remote start input, you can trigger this input with a turbo timer also, need to know what Alpine alarm, it will have a model # on the alarm brain. 94
Old 01-11-2005, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alpine alarm + turbo timer? Possible? Show me the way! (fcm)

Awesome!

I am at work right now so I'll have to wait until I get home this evening to find the number...

On the back of my remote it says, "SEC-RC001", but that's probably the product number for the remote not the alarm....

I'll check it out tonight...
Old 01-12-2005, 06:55 AM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Awesome!

I am at work right now so I'll have to wait until I get home this evening to find the number...

On the back of my remote it says, "SEC-RC001", but that's probably the product number for the remote not the alarm....

I'll check it out tonight...</TD></TR></TABLE> Yes, that is the remotes #, the alarm brain will be, [ if its only 1 or 2 years old] SEC-100 or 150 and if its an older model it will be SEC 80-- 26,27,48,49,52,54 and a few in between 94
Old 01-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alpine alarm + turbo timer? Possible? Show me the way! (fcm)

I searched all over under my dash and I think I found the brain but it's tucked way up under there and zip tied to everything in sight...

I managed to find a shock sensor of some sort but I couldn't read the number off the brain...

I will have to wait until it's not raining outside so I can really get under there and check it out...

What a pain!

Is there a simple way to just disable the ignition switch on my alarm so I can set it while the car is running? Is there a wire that I can just clip or something?

I wish I knew more about wiring!

I am almost positive that the number is SEC-100... it was the least expensive model and I just had them add on automatic locks...
Old 01-13-2005, 10:52 AM
fcm
Old Fart

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I searched all over under my dash and I think I found the brain but it's tucked way up under there and zip tied to everything in sight...

I managed to find a shock sensor of some sort but I couldn't read the number off the brain...

I will have to wait until it's not raining outside so I can really get under there and check it out...

What a pain!

Is there a simple way to just disable the ignition switch on my alarm so I can set it while the car is running? Is there a wire that I can just clip or something?

I wish I knew more about wiring!

I am almost positive that the number is SEC-100... it was the least expensive model and I just had them add on automatic locks... </TD></TR></TABLE>If it is a SEC-100 then there is a black/white wire on the 8pin plug, and a neg. input into it, [and programing] will turn off the ign. sen. and the impact sen., if your turbo timer does not have a neg. output you can use a relay to reverse the polerity. 94