Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

**skipunk4's mr dc4 2010 refresh - Spoon / Enkei / Innovative / ASC Metal Fab**

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 02:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: **skipunk4's mr dc4 2010 refresh - Spoon / Enkei / Innovative / ASC Metal Fab**

i like builds that pay attention to detail and this is one of those builds. in for more!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **skipunk4's mr dc4 2010 refresh - Spoon / Enkei / Innovative / ASC Metal Fab**

Originally Posted by skipunk4
Preciate it man, wait til you see whats comin in the next couple weeks
Oh I know. Its da Chrome rimz right? or a purple underglow kit?

On a rather serious note... why did you go with the Itr brake pads for the front, if you don't mind me asking. I don't know a lot about them as far as performance/price/longevity.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jamescardenas07
i like builds that pay attention to detail and this is one of those builds. in for more!
Thanks man, preciate it

Originally Posted by 9KRevLimitDC2
Oh I know. Its da Chrome rimz right? or a purple underglow kit?

On a rather serious note... why did you go with the Itr brake pads for the front, if you don't mind me asking. I don't know a lot about them as far as performance/price/longevity.
Oh you know it homie, I love me some chrome n' glow lol.

The reason for the ITR pads is cuz I'm running the 96 spec 4x114 ITR brake setup so It has ITR calipers up front and gsr calipers in rear. If I got a complete set of GSR pads I believe they wouldn't have worked with the front caliper. I could be totally wrong, but I replaced the pads with what was on them when I got them so we should be good lol
Old 10-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I got that, but what I was wondering was why oem pads? Are they cost effective or do they perform better than a set of Hawks would (just an example) for your purpose?
Old 10-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd rather just have backup seats lol

Dropped some stuff off at powder coat yesterday..

- Front strut bar
- Front bumper garnish
- Front bumper side mounts
- MC brace
- Ohnlin's damper mount
- Rear engine breather

Rear bar is already installed but will have it powder coated down the road, bad planning on my part but oh well lol

Also dropped the front spindles to have the ball joints pressed in. Should have the suspension all up soon!
Haha saw those parts up at CT
Old 10-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

NOOOOO.. i just got done going through your thread... the engine isn't running yet!!! I R SAD..

Sick thread, amazing build beautiful car, makes me wanna paint mine finally and pull the K out to clean it up
Old 10-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

best build ive seen by far. keep up the awesome work
Old 10-29-2010, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i like how the powder coating came out man cant wait for more updates!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I forgot to ask, what color "RED" is that spray paint and brand? My wife's GSR needs a sand and spray on her rear bumper and spoiler (i hate that word).
Old 10-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: **Milano Red DC4 Project**

[QUOTE=skipunk4;37078392]Thanks for all the support guys

Everything is going smooth so far so I'm not too worried about it. The people I am working with have been very helpful and cooperative so I'm very happy about that.

Plus I'm not the only person that got damage to there vehicle from it so thats on my side as well

But I got somewhat of an UPDATE today

Picked up an NRG short hub to replace my super long Momo one

Much better

Quick Question.. I have an Integra just like yours and its all stock for interior. I plan on getting the Nardi Deep Corn wheel an i see that you have that an it looks Sick! But what im wondering is if i get the nrg short hub adapter is that all i need to install the aftermarket wheel? Or do you also need the quick release? Cause from what i understand the steer wheel can directly connect to the short hub? An i just figured the quick release was just an extra accessory to have? But i could be wrong. Help! Thanks!
Old 10-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 9KRevLimitDC2
Well I got that, but what I was wondering was why oem pads? Are they cost effective or do they perform better than a set of Hawks would (just an example) for your purpose?
I like OEM pads because they don't give off much dust, I know there gonna fit perfect and they are long lasting for my daily driving. Nothin special I'm sure about ITR pads other than fitment. Hawks are nice but are dusty and a little more expensive.

Originally Posted by ESP.net
Haha saw those parts up at CT
Hopefully get them back soon.

Originally Posted by H22EG'z
NOOOOO.. i just got done going through your thread... the engine isn't running yet!!! I R SAD..

Sick thread, amazing build beautiful car, makes me wanna paint mine finally and pull the K out to clean it up
Lol thanks for the words man. More to come soon

Originally Posted by .:Stirfry:.
best build ive seen by far. keep up the awesome work
Preciate the words man, will do

Originally Posted by nels00n
i like how the powder coating came out man cant wait for more updates!!!
That pic is before coat, will have pics after for sure!

Originally Posted by H22EG'z
I forgot to ask, what color "RED" is that spray paint and brand? My wife's GSR needs a sand and spray on her rear bumper and spoiler (i hate that word).
It is "Milano Red" and I cant honestly remember the brand. I got it at shucks/oreily's auto parts.

Originally Posted by Bwright155
Quick Question.. I have an Integra just like yours and its all stock for interior. I plan on getting the Nardi Deep Corn wheel an i see that you have that an it looks Sick! But what im wondering is if i get the nrg short hub adapter is that all i need to install the aftermarket wheel? Or do you also need the quick release? Cause from what i understand the steer wheel can directly connect to the short hub? An i just figured the quick release was just an extra accessory to have? But i could be wrong. Help! Thanks!
If you just run the NRG short hub the steering wheel might be far away, depending on how close you want to be to the wheel. If you want to run a quick release get the short hub but if you don't want to run a quick release I'd recommend getting a momo hub. They are pretty inexpensive and have a little more space on them so the wheel will be out a little farther. That is what I will be running but the thing is you have to get a Nardi to momo ring adapter so the Nardi wheel can bolt up. Good luck

So today I got a package from Airbag Club on here, got here a lot faster than expected

I was gonna wait for the new page but I just couldn't resist lol

Saw this thing a little while ago and wanted it so bad, luckily it was still for sale when I finally came up with all the funds

It's a SixSigmaRacing stainless B series 4-1 street sweeper race header. Just need to have a reducer and flange welded on so I can bolt it up to a hi flow cat

Here it is put together

And mocked up

And here's one of the car, just about ready for some suspension

More to come soon very soon
Old 10-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks! I love this build so much. Btw your build is petty much the reason i picked up my 2000 red gsr... haha
Old 10-31-2010, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bwright155
Thanks! I love this build so much. Btw your build is petty much the reason i picked up my 2000 red gsr... haha
Thanks for the words man, very much appreciated. Wish I coulda started with a gsr model, good luck with your build up man
Old 10-31-2010, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And here's one of the car, just about ready for some suspension

More to come soon very soon
what brand jack are you using? i ask because you got that car a good distance off the floor and i cant a find a jack that can lift that high for the life of me, thanks
Old 10-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That has to be the SEXIEST header I have ever seen in my life. Hahah.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Awesome updates man! And I second that jack question, you got that up a good distance. I recently did my clutch/flywheel and my Craftsman jack just barely lifted my Prelude high enough to slide the transmission out, and that still wasn't as high as you are there.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So sick Coop! That header looks so perfect mocked up, can't wait to see it in the bay
Old 10-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

SSR ftw!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice pickup on teh headerr, i was gonna get one like that for my car
Old 10-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DicerYuri
what brand jack are you using? i ask because you got that car a good distance off the floor and i cant a find a jack that can lift that high for the life of me, thanks
I'm just using a $80 jack from Harbor Freight. What I did to get the car that high was get the car on 4 jack stands on their lowest setting. Then put some wood on the jack to act as a spacer and jacked the car up front first then back. It was pretty simple just takes a little time. But remember always use jack stands!

Originally Posted by EJ1-Fernando
That has to be the SEXIEST header I have ever seen in my life. Hahah.
Hahaha thanks man. I couldn't be happier with it

Originally Posted by double wishbone
Awesome updates man! And I second that jack question, you got that up a good distance. I recently did my clutch/flywheel and my Craftsman jack just barely lifted my Prelude high enough to slide the transmission out, and that still wasn't as high as you are there.
Haha check answer above ^^^

Originally Posted by dapek
So sick Coop! That header looks so perfect mocked up, can't wait to see it in the bay
Thanks man, me either. It's gonna be so sick

Originally Posted by jamescardenas07
SSR ftw!
Can't wait to see how it performs!

Originally Posted by mattrt09
nice pickup on teh headerr, i was gonna get one like that for my car
Thanks man, DO IT!!
Old 10-31-2010, 05:56 PM
HT's TOP CHEF

Header looks great.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Headers are sick
Old 10-31-2010, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

awesome that makes perfect sense thanks for the tip no more rubbing on the car as i wiggle under it lol
i just gotta get the right size wood and rid of my crap jack.. harbor frieght and home depot here i come!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks bud that answers my question for sure. Is that a Kobalt engine stand? P.s. stop buying all the parts that I dream about having, that header is BALLER. Not that it surprises me b/c I already hate chu for your MR Masterpiece.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DAMMMM I just sat here and read allll 49 pages....I must say the attention to detail is a-ma-zing bro....the car is so clean and simple with nothing but quality parts, much respect to you and I cant wait to see this thing done!

Quick Reply: **skipunk4's mr dc4 2010 refresh - Spoon / Enkei / Innovative / ASC Metal Fab**