Notices
Appearance Build Threads Showcase and discussion for projects and theme cars.

**skipunk4's mr dc4 2010 refresh - Spoon / Enkei / Innovative / ASC Metal Fab**

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: **Milano Red DC4 Project**

Originally Posted by skipunk4
Thanks man! I need to start workin on it more but i f'd up my back at work and have been too busy with other stuff to get any progress done

And no pm
Ah no way, that sucks man!

And I re-PM'd you, hopefully it works.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE
Cmon old man
Haha I know. And I'm only 21

Originally Posted by EJ1-Fernando
Ah no way, that sucks man!

And I re-PM'd you, hopefully it works.
For sures.. Pm received homie
Old 08-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For sures.. Pm received homie
Awesome. Just reply whenever you get a chance.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EJ1-Fernando
Awesome. Just reply whenever you get a chance.
Will do real soon homie. Motor still not done so will let you know as soon as complete

Got some work done on the under carriage.

Laid a couple layers of POR15 in the front wells, rear wells and rear under carriage.

Front

Rear

Rear under carrieage

Also got a little somethin in the mail

OEM AC delete duct. I no longer have any ac parts left in the car! lol

Replaces the big coil box and gives a nice fuse box mount location

Old box

Side by side

Sorry for the lame update guys. Stuff needs to get done lol

Should have some good ones comin up for you guys real soon
Old 08-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This thread is deeaad... bored at work bump
Old 08-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good dude, was it a bit humid when you layed the POR?
Old 08-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good dude, was it a bit humid when you layed the POR?
It mighta been. It was pretty hot outside. Shoulda waited but I only have 2 days off a week so i gotta cram it all in lol.

I think the wetter looking spots are spots I layed it thicker. I'm not too worried about it as long as they all actually dry out unlike the spray on stuff. Still might do another coat but its lookin pretty good to me. Plus it is a wheel well lol
Old 08-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The POR is turning out excellent man. What are you using to lay it down now? I know they sell some type of thinner so you can shoot it on as well?

That OEM AC delete should really help clean up the bay once the engine gets in.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dapek
The POR is turning out excellent man. What are you using to lay it down now? I know they sell some type of thinner so you can shoot it on as well?

Thanks man. I'm just layin it all down by brush. Bought a couple different sizes to make it easier to get in places. But I have heard you can shoot it through larger guns. Not sure about the thinner.

As far as the ac delete duct it goes up in the dash so it'll open up a good amount of room to mount my fuse box right on top
Old 08-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dapek

Yeah you need to use a special POR brand thinner and you can shoot it with a gun. Thats how Im going to do my bumper supports.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lookin real good, love milano red
Old 08-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah you need to use a special POR brand thinner and you can shoot it with a gun. Thats how Im going to do my bumper supports.
I'd love to paint my supports too, but its a lot of work for where they are. I like your idea of sprayin them (idea placed in head for next project) lol

Originally Posted by CrAzE191st
lookin real good, love milano red
Thanks man. I do too!

Been puttin A LOT of work in on my suspension the last couple days. I got the 4x114 setup from a JDM importer and originally it was all nasty, rusty and dirty from sittin for months in a warehouse lo

Originally looked like the one on the left...

You can imagine how the old rears looked

Now they all look like this

Used POR15 to paint all the bases then used Rustoleum's semi gloss enamel for the hubs and heat sheilds. Real happy with how they came out. Pretty dang good IMO.

Close ups

Fronts hubs

Rears arms

Finally done with that project.. Need to get me some rotors and pads soon

Should have more updates this week. Got a couple days off and got plenty left to do..
Old 08-17-2010, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow that turned out good as hell..nice job man, looking factory fresh! I must do the same!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you doing any sort of brake upgrade? im sure some larger rotors from a prelude with itr or legend calipers could work, no?

but anyways good progress man
Old 08-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im worried that this car is going to be SO clean that you'll be afraid to drive it. I mean, its friggen spotless everywhere.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Na-Spirit
wow that turned out good as hell..nice job man, looking factory fresh! I must do the same!
Thanks man. I'm real happy with em. Took me a while to actually finally do it cuz its a lot of waiting for **** to dry lol. Worth it though.

Originally Posted by eazybmx
you doing any sort of brake upgrade? im sure some larger rotors from a prelude with itr or legend calipers could work, no?

but anyways good progress man
The 4x114 brake setup is off of a 96 spec ITR from Japan so it already has ITR calipers and 11" rotors. Once I get pads this setup should feel real nice.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 9KRevLimitDC2
Im worried that this car is going to be SO clean that you'll be afraid to drive it. I mean, its friggen spotless everywhere.
Hahaha thanks man. Not EVERYWHERE lol. I wish I woulda dropped my gas tank and rear lines down so I coulda POR15'd the whole underside but man that woulda takin a lot of work cleanin it then preppin then paintin. Not tryin for the bottom of the car that wont be seen lol. Next project car I'm rentin a rotisserie

But that thought about not drivin it has crossed my mind lol. I have been lookin for a daily just cuz the winters up here are so rainy and wet. But idk if I can go without drivin it everyday. These past months have been laame drivin an auto 03 civic ex. Im not even gonna know how to drive a stick lol
Old 08-18-2010, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 9KRevLimitDC2

This!

Be careful man... its so easy to loose sight of what you really want from a car. After my 2nd build I had put so much time and work into making it spotless that I never wanted to drive it in fear of it getting dirty and tainted.

Not wanting to drive in the winter is fine, but man if you dont keep it a daily in the summer months youll find yourself regretting it like I did.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sweeet!!
Old 08-18-2010, 08:44 AM
A Digital Frontier

Id be more afraid of thieves then getting it dirty.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This!

Be careful man... its so easy to loose sight of what you really want from a car. After my 2nd build I had put so much time and work into making it spotless that I never wanted to drive it in fear of it getting dirty and tainted.

Not wanting to drive in the winter is fine, but man if you dont keep it a daily in the summer months youll find yourself regretting it like I did.
I've been thinkin about this a lot and I really think the car will stay daily driven even through the winter time. At this point I don't really have money for another car and I miss drivin this car so much I think it would be hard not to drive it on the regular. The only days I didnt drive it last year was when it snowed and I even drove it in the snow a little. Granted the car wasn't this clean last year, but I do live in WA and it does rain a lot so the car gets dirty from time to time.

My car is definitely not perfect and has its flaws. The only reason I redid all the undercoating and the suspension was to make it easier to clean from daily use. And they were all nasty and rusty when I got em lol. But I see what your sayin for sure man. I definitely wanna keep this car in use for another little while. Gotta make me a road trip to New York in this thing still lol

sorry for the essay lol
Originally Posted by Ej8_KiD
sweeet!!
Thanks mang!

Originally Posted by dirtyharryhatch
Id be more afraid of thieves then getting it dirty.
Duude that is my number 1 worry. Luckily the car is always garage kept and alarmed and I'm a supervisor at a Starbuck's that has windows most of the way around the building and I can stare out to my pretty lady all day. Helps work go by lots faster lol

Plus I try not to take the car places where I'll be there long periods of time unless I really know the area and can check on it easily. Going to see movies scares me though, thats when we take the girls ex sedan
Old 08-18-2010, 09:42 AM
A Digital Frontier

Duude that is my number 1 worry. Luckily the car is always garage kept and alarmed and I'm a supervisor at a Starbuck's that has windows most of the way around the building and I can stare out to my pretty lady all day. Helps work go by lots faster lol

Plus I try not to take the car places where I'll be there long periods of time unless I really know the area and can check on it easily. Going to see movies scares me though, thats when we take the girls ex sedan
mannn, same here. I never drive my car to the mall, movies, or even to my school (not only thieves there but horrible drivers in a small parking lot) first thing i bought for my car was a quick release and my car is a turd compared to yours, and im paranoid i can imagine you. builds looking great!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dirtyharryhatch
mannn, same here. I never drive my car to the mall, movies, or even to my school (not only thieves there but horrible drivers in a small parking lot) first thing i bought for my car was a quick release and my car is a turd compared to yours, and im paranoid i can imagine you. builds looking great!
Lol I'm sure its no turd. Even so you cant be careful enough with these 15 year old cars. People still wanna jack em and its getting easier and easier

I originally had a quick release in my car but no longer have one. I should look into gettin another one but the only one I want is the works bell one and its $$$ for what it is.. I had a NRG, nothin against them just not my preference. Im running a standard momo hub now it looks nice but doesn't help the car any when just sittin there lol.

I wanna get one of those wheel and clutch lock but worried it would just attract to the car. Idk Hondas are tough but we love em
Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well since you have the wiring all apart im sure you're working on some kill switches and whatnot. the works bell qr is sick but 300+ is a little crazy, i just want the hub since you can keep alarm and passenger airbag.

but i hear you on taking the girl's car, i think i've put more miles on her xA in the past year than my integra
Old 08-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Haha wrd. My girlfriend and I always take her Yaris to the movies, etc. No way i'm leaving my car in a theater parking lot for a couple hours, it's pretty sad that people can live with themselves after stealing a car knowing all the time/work that was put into them

Brakes turned out really well man! I'm definitely going to have to do that on mine here really soon, great job on details as usual

Quick Reply: **skipunk4's mr dc4 2010 refresh - Spoon / Enkei / Innovative / ASC Metal Fab**