All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Step by step: How to install a crank scraper (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Yell88CRXsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Yell88CRXsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I fully understand and agree with Don.

I just don't get it sometimes. People come forward to help out others and then are bashed for doing so. A simple "I do not agree with you" would do, but oh no! that would be to ******* civil.
I damn sure don’t see these opinionated ******** who talk all this ****, putting their hard earned money and time into ideas, and then telling the rest of us have well they did, or did not. I guess that's asking to much from a child.

Hey Brainwo, may your engines last as good as your manners.

Hats off to ya Red Civic...great write up, and thanks for the info.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I remember that thread from a while ago, and there was some great info in it, but theres no reason to not share info with the whole community, thats what this board is about.

Its not a "need to know PM only" board. Let the idiots and moron's make their comments, but dont let them ruin it for the true enthusiast.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (hybrid_vtec)

very nice write-up and bump for the dyno

Old 04-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pondus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pondus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually if you had bothered to look at the link provided earlier in this thread DonF talks about his own experience using crank scrapers, but I guess that's asking too much, you actually have to read through some pages of good info </TD></TR></TABLE>

im purely talkin about what he said " I will IM you the results, others do not need to know."

not anything else . . you may be able to read but if you could comprehend what i wrote you would have understood what i was saying and wouldnt have commented . . but thats deff asking to much right ??
Old 04-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LsVtec92Hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LsVtec92Hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I remember that thread from a while ago, and there was some great info in it, but theres no reason to not share info with the whole community, thats what this board is about.

Its not a "need to know PM only" board. Let the idiots and moron's make their comments, but dont let them ruin it for the true enthusiast.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you im in no way bashing the scraper or anything else just bashing dumb people keeping **** to themselves
Old 04-02-2005, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jason bouchard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jason bouchard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thank you im in no way bashing the scraper or anything else just bashing dumb people keeping **** to themselves </TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe you should spend 20,000 dollars on a dyno room and test things just to put them on honda-tech.....
or.....

you all can figure out what you want tested and then you can pay 70 dollars per hour for labor plus shop supplies to test them for you..

donF has spent lots of time testing various camshafts and other things and has posted results most of the time here on honda-tech. and when you make comments that are negative on someone else's write up you do not need to know anything about it seeing that you already know its A WAST OF TIME AND MONEY....

insulting people you do not know just cause they are not telling you all the info they know is kinda like what would you call it? grade school ****? yeah thats it...
Old 04-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pr0honda)

sorry red civic standard.. great write up. i run the original scaper on my b20 it has not been in the car yet but it has had 100 dyno runs and i have had no problems.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:22 PM

I'm interested in the results of this.

I've talked to Don before on stuff like this, and honestly, if he says he can get a gain out of one, I believe him.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:34 PM

Hey donF, Ive read that post about the scrapers but you talk about the basic scraper being tested. Is there any updates on the new teflon scraper with the baffles??? Im about to start assembling my motor in a week or two and wouldnt mind investing in one since it will only help my engine out regardless of power gains.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Step by step: How to install a crank scraper (red civic standard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by red civic standard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Install the crank scraper. Then reinstall the main caps and the block girdle. Be sure to torque the main caps and block girdle to spec (70 ft lbs). Bolt down the crank scraper to do a final test fit before the windage tray and oil pan go back on. Rotate the crank 360 degrees to be certain that there is not contact with the scraper. </TD></TR></TABLE>

70lb??? its 56lb on the outter and 49lb on the girdle
Old 04-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pr0honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe you should spend 20,000 dollars on a dyno room and test things just to put them on honda-tech.....
or.....

you all can figure out what you want tested and then you can pay 70 dollars per hour for labor plus shop supplies to test them for you..

donF has spent lots of time testing various camshafts and other things and has posted results most of the time here on honda-tech. and when you make comments that are negative on someone else's write up you do not need to know anything about it seeing that you already know its A WAST OF TIME AND MONEY....

insulting people you do not know just cause they are not telling you all the info they know is kinda like what would you call it? grade school ****? yeah thats it... </TD></TR></TABLE>

your soo dumb too, im not insulting the person who wrote the write up or anythign like that, the ONLY thing commented on was when he said i'll pm you info . . and i said that was dumb you sir are a complete *** for not reading

i dont think its a waste of time or money, idiot . .

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jason bouchard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thank you im in no way bashing the scraper or anything else just bashing dumb people keeping **** to themselves </TD></TR></TABLE>

READ THEN POST
Old 04-03-2005, 12:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (civicross)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civicross &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm interested in the results of this.

I've talked to Don before on stuff like this, and honestly, if he says he can get a gain out of one, I believe him.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I vouch for Don, he has offered me some advice on how to squeeze more power out of my setup. Since I go a different route than most, having someone with experience helps since I have learned most on my own!
Old 04-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jason bouchard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jason bouchard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

thank you im in no way bashing the scraper or anything else just bashing dumb people keeping **** to themselves </TD></TR></TABLE>

i read...... <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pr0honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

insulting people you do not know just cause they are not telling you all the info they know is kinda like what would you call it? grade school ****? yeah thats it... </TD></TR></TABLE>

^ exactly what you did.....
Old 04-04-2005, 04:40 PM

I have dynoed alot of different parts for several companys, some say show the results, some saw call me first. Customers own the dyno sheets, if they want to post them OK, or if they say I can I will. Crank-scrapers and Skunk2 have told me I can post good or bad no questions. What cheesed me was someone saying " waste of money" when it is not. That person does not need to see results "unless he sends a check" I have not tested the new teflon scraper because it got here late(My fault) and then a prob. arose on some cams I was testing, (not what the mfg. said) and the engine is being redone. Crank scrapers have been used for over 20 years, it does not take a "Rocket sientist" to figure out how they work. Ther is alot of info I give out for free, there is other info people pay for, that is theirs.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DonF)

don you were right new jersey is a dump ...... nice cool weather though.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:37 AM

Well the part you are in anyways, see if you can get to the shore.