All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

I got my head back from ENDYNE

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (teg92)

Looks like ***!!!
I'll show my Alaniz head for $300-$400 less than what Endyn/ whoever charged.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (crazyitr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyitr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks like ***!!!
I'll show my Alaniz head for $300-$400 less than what Endyn/ whoever charged.</TD></TR></TABLE>
anymore idiots like to chime in about how it "looks" because everyone else on here knows looks dont mean jack.
i also will bet you that you didnt pay 2-300$ for your port job, which is about 3-400 less that what he actually paid for the porting.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (teg92)

This is one port.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (92 civic VX B18c)

And how does that look?
Old 07-02-2004, 09:58 PM

Default Re: (crazyitr)

i dont know. looks arent important to me.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:35 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (hybridvteceg)

When are people going to learn not to deal with ENDYNE!! I learned this over 3 years ago and I still see people getting ripped off all the time. You could have had the same amount of headwork done at King Motorsports. They are not one of the big head porters in the industry but I had some very light port work done along with some assembly work on my head and the quality of the work was much better then what ENDYNE did and it cost me about half as much. When will people finally learn?

ENDYNE
Old 07-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I got my head back from ENDYNE (92 civic VX B18c)

well hopefully it performs well

-Brian
Old 07-03-2004, 05:25 PM
HT Black Ops

Default Re: (ALLMOTORPACMAN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ALLMOTORPACMAN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

$900 FOR WHAT
THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN FIND OUT HOW MUCH POWER YOUR "ENDYNE "
MADE IS TO DO A BEFORE AND AFTER DYNO.</TD></TR></TABLE>I did a before, 186.85whp and on the 22nd of this month with no other mods to the car i will be doing an after dyno, so till them for all the endyn haters out there, lets keep our opinions to ourselves
Old 07-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (92 civic VX B18c)

Looks are 33% of the product, the other 33% is the Price and the last 33% is the Performance.

It looks to me, and i dont know jack **** but half *** ports are worth what you paid. I dont think people are hating on Endyne but hating on the work that was done. I think people are trying to kinda look out of you and tell you something. Get the dyno going to prove that it was worth every penny.

Modified by Dngerzone2 at 2:55 AM 7/5/2004

Modified by Dngerzone2 at 10:02 AM 7/6/2004
Old 07-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dngerzone2)

**** Endyne
Old 07-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (myke)

wow... some real intelligent people who are reading the entire thread here...

"oh my god, you got your head sent out for a bowl job, port matching, and paid a garage to do all the work for you including other parts and you paid y amount??? wow let me post pictures of my head and explain how i got my head super duper ported for x amount! yah! **** endyn! yay!"

Please just refer to the first two pages, where an explination of why the head looks like it does, and why he paid what he paid can be found.

Or, just go like this.

"OMG. I clicked on the link with pics of an Endyn head and it didn't look like a super bling bling mirror polished head and he paid $1400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me post something intelligent like "SCREW ENDYN".

haha people make me laugh
Old 07-04-2004, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dngerzone2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks are 33% of the product, the other 33% is the Price and the last 33% is the Performance.

It looks to me, and i dont know jack **** but half *** ports are worth what you paid. I dont think people are hating on Endyne but hating on the work that was done. I think people are trying to kinda look out of you and tell you something. Get the dyno going to prove that it was worth every penny.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

from someone thats had heads ported by many of the big names in the industry, enjoy replacing exhaust valves with those cut guides. if you are serious about making power you should really be like 95% is power 5% is cost and 0% is looks.

and ill also add that anyone that adds the last e on endyn is a retard and shouldnt be talking about head porting in the first place.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

will people learn the correct way to take pictures
and learn which pictures not to post ?

why post a pic of headwork thats functional while everyone here is looking for smooth & shiney bling..
Old 07-04-2004, 06:28 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Quick 200k Mile Motor)

POST THE FLOW NUMBERS.... if they did'nt flow bench it.. then we all know who NOT to goto.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DewMota)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DewMota &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
POST THE FLOW NUMBERS.... if they did'nt flow bench it.. then we all know who NOT to goto.</TD></TR></TABLE>

question is do you know what flow bench #'s mean? its sad to see internet hardasses try to make companies seem like they rip people of when they have never had experiences with that company.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Re: (therealpoorboy)

i could gut the heck out of some ports and have them flow better than any head on the market, but that doesnt mean itd make power.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Flow numbers for cylinder heads mean about as much as boost figures for turbo cars... there are so many different things affecting VE here that such measurements as anything more than a very crude yardstick, taken as part of the total package, is assinine.

What a tech-less thread populated by tards.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:14 AM
HT Black Ops

Default Re: (DewMota)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DewMota &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
POST THE FLOW NUMBERS.... if they did'nt flow bench it.. then we all know who NOT to goto.</TD></TR></TABLE>How's this, I'll post my dyno #'s after I get it dyno tuned on the 22nd
Old 07-05-2004, 06:38 AM

Default Re: head work

I stopped posting on H-T but After reading this thread, .. I can't resist making a comment.

This thread, and the collective attatude of the "nay-sayers" sum up the highly negitive influence H-T has become in the import world. I've seen some high level pros on here, . and seen them leave because of the very attatude shown here.

You guys remember that thread where several top cylinder head guys where sharing VERY heavy information? How much more of that do you see, .. .. I for one stopped posting here because of the attatude.

If anyone here thinks they can port a head without a flow bench and the years of experience to back it up, .. well that's the basic problem. No understanding of the 25+ years of experience, Fluid dynamics courses, work for Cosworth, NASCAR, NHRA, IRL world championships, .. but hey, buy a grinder and a carbid burr and become an expert.

Then there's price, ..Larry did a great job, with good solid performence mods at a very fair price. The shop who R&R'd the head, repaired the fire damage, set valves, etc. charged a very fair price BEFORE the refund.

Pethetic, .. everything has to be shiny and "bling-bling", looks more important then performence, .. but you don't want to pay for it, .. and have no respect or trust for the people who have the experience to do the work properly.

Seeing posts like this make me SOOOO glad I work for Professional race teams and engine builders!
Old 07-05-2004, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: head work (Curtis Boggs)

I completely agree curtis...thats why I basically stayed away from this thread.

Everyone wants something for nothing, and if a head 'looks good' it obviously flows great right? 80% of the Honda Porting is fluff and buff anyways. These heads already flow so great and have awesome castings, there isn't alot of room for improvement. It looks like Larry touched on all the point of improvement, but left out the fluff anf buff...Obviously it was done for the sake of time, yet everyone crucifies him.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Trial User

Default Re: head work (Suprdave)

curtis, some people just dont know better.

there are a few people that would like to know more about porting, but they end up reading posts here on h-t and get wrong info that they then make their opinions based upon what was posted.

people need more education on the porting process and the company that stands behind port work.

Old 07-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: head work (Bob-DC2)

Thank you Curtis.

I too have stop posting info and opinions here on HT for the very reason as demonstrated here. Too many kids who think that they know it all, and are quick to trashes your inputs or idea that were not their own. Most just want to hear themselves talk. I wouldn't ask for help here if I was on fire.

In my honest opinion, HT has become biase to a few companies/shops that post here. The "**** on Endyn" thing is really getting old. Endyn does good work, but it's funny how everytime someone memtions their name, the **** talkers come a running.

It's become really sad. HT was the **** back in the day.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:09 PM

Default Re: head work (Yell88CRXsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Yell88CRXsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thank you Curtis.

I too have stop posting info and opinions here on HT for the very reason as demonstrated here. Too many kids who think that they know it all, and are quick to trashes your inputs or idea that were not their own. Most just want to hear themselves talk. I wouldn't ask for help here if I was on fire.

In my honest opinion, HT has become biase to a few companies/shops that post here. The "**** on Endyn" thing is really getting old. Endyn does good work, but it's funny how everytime someone memtions their name, the **** talkers come a running.

It's become really sad. HT was the **** back in the day.</TD></TR></TABLE>

all SOO true. too bad though huh.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: head work (hybridvteceg)

Its always interesting to read responses from the folks who KNOW, and to read the chatter from those who think they know... Let me tell you us ol' timers know what to do with good, experienced based information... We know when to say thanks and when not to argue with knuckleheads...

FWIW that little shop in Texas is one I keep a keen eye towards... I think there is something special going on there, and a willingness to share with those serious about searching... Larry has been more forthcoming with concrete info than anyone I have seen in any technical field in 28 years of engineering practice...

BTW I have also been know to be short with folks wasting my time... and have good days and bad ones... Expecting a 100% even demeanor day in and day out, over a 30 year career is not a possibility unless you are the good Lord... The trashcan outside our lab is so smashed you can hardly put a coke can in it... the white board in our lab has s 3/4 inch dent in it where "Joe's" coffee cup shattered during a heated "debate" about the proper way to EMI/RFI/ESD protect a "payload"... luckily I could still move quickly back then...
Old 07-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: head work (BigMoose)

cry babies... everyone guess who im talking about

Quick Reply: I got my head back from ENDYNE