All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

I got my head back from ENDYNE

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Rick Solis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rick Solis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Even if, thats still in the RLZ stage 2-3 range... Hmmm...

Modified by Rick Solis at 7:21 AM 6/22/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, no point to this post eh?

Old 06-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DefiantGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DefiantGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

better fuel atomization</TD></TR></TABLE>

can u or anyone further explain this?
Old 06-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ambition)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ambition &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

can u or anyone further explain this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

creates turbulance which in turn, mixes the air and fuel better. better and more complete burn...
Old 06-22-2004, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparantly if a head doesn't look bling bling that means it won't perform well.

The head has not had the ports reworked, but bowls and port matching, valvejob and chambers are done, all very important elements.

Heads don't need to look all crazy bling bling to considerably outperform stock.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (teg92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teg92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Apparantly if a head doesn't look bling bling that means it won't perform well.

The head has not had the ports reworked, but bowls and port matching, valvejob and chambers are done, all very important elements.

Heads don't need to look all crazy bling bling to considerably outperform stock.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea thats what im gathering from this thread. Not enough bling jeremy my man..
J/P

Anywho, once you get that sucker on the dyno, we'll know anyhow. So huch u peeps!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:23 AM
Trial User

I'm very curious about those divits in the ports. How come nobody else does this?
Old 06-22-2004, 07:35 AM
GSRswapandslow.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rick Solis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Even if, thats still in the RLZ stage 2-3 range... Hmmm...

Modified by Rick Solis at 7:21 AM 6/22/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

a post by Rick i whole-heartedly agree with
Old 06-22-2004, 08:31 AM
The Old One

Default Re: (GSRswapandslow.)

Our comment that was made regarding the pricing of the headwork was made before 92 civic VX B18C made any mention of the fact that Superior R&D had removed the head, replaced the head, set the cam timing, set the valves, installed the intake manifold, provided gaskets, etc. They also paid for the shipping both ways on the head.
Had we known this from the beginning, we'd never have made the statement regarding saving money by coming to us direct.

Old 06-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Woofer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Woofer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Our comment that was made regarding the pricing of the headwork was made before 92 civic VX B18C made any mention of the fact that Superior R&D had removed the head, replaced the head, set the cam timing, set the valves, installed the intake manifold, provided gaskets, etc. They also paid for the shipping both ways on the head.
Had we known this from the beginning, we'd never have made the statement regarding saving money by coming to us direct.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

See....sounds like he paid a fair price to me. And to everyone bitching about the cost and what the head looks like: Who cares how the head looks? The most important thing is that the head performs. Endyn has numerous people running their heads and running quick/fast times. To me, it sounds like they did a basic job with some extras, which is great for a street set up. Quit griping about how it looks.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (WAFFLES)

I'm curious on the injector dimpling: In the one pic, the left and right sides are not very symetrical to each other - Is this on purpose? It kind of looks like the right hand dimples are a straight shot while the left is not. Is this 'configuration' mirrored in the other ports?
Old 06-22-2004, 09:28 AM
The Old One

Default Re: (EE_Chris)

it's an optical illusion....
Old 06-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Woofer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Our comment that was made regarding the pricing of the headwork was made before 92 civic VX B18C made any mention of the fact that Superior R&D had removed the head, replaced the head, set the cam timing, set the valves, installed the intake manifold, provided gaskets, etc. They also paid for the shipping both ways on the head.
Had we known this from the beginning, we'd never have made the statement regarding saving money by coming to us direct. </TD></TR></TABLE>
most shops will charge alot more than 1.5k

the local place would charge at least 2k, and it would take forever to get it done. when they built my engine, the put the timing belt on wrong too.

most people dont even think about the whole picture. if the shop is good, and they take care of their customes, paying more than 1.5k is definetly worth it.

if you did things yourself, you could save money. that will always be true. but you need to compare apples to apples
Old 06-22-2004, 09:42 AM

Default Re: (soccaian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soccaian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why does it seem like they did no port work at all?

what exactly did you have them do?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 06-22-2004, 10:11 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (AllMotorMadness)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AllMotorMadness &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why does it seem like they did no port work at all?
what exactly did you have them do?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Port the intake and exhaust, put those little dent things in the intake ports, 5 angle valve job, and mill the head .015

his includes completely reworking the combustion chambers, our radius/discrete valve seat configuration (same as on our most expensive head packages), complete bowl work including short-turn radiuses, port match intake and exhaust port entries and exits, injector slot dimpling, valve rework, milling head to achieve stock valve to deck clearances (and stock cc's), and spring set-up and assembly with new Honda seals.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
you didnt see that stuff posted on the first page?
Old 06-22-2004, 10:44 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teg92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Apparantly if a head doesn't look bling bling that means it won't perform well.

Heads don't need to look all crazy bling bling to considerably outperform stock.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would have to agree, looks mean close to nothing...

Its kind of funny to see all the "that head looks dope/tite/pimp/etc" posts on H-T...

A flap wheel can make a head look "bling bling" but wont do you any good in the HP department...
Old 06-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I also agree.

Its a shame so many people have to make negative comments on things they don't understand.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (StyleTEG)

FORM&lt;FUNCTION, just because something looks good doesn't mean that it functions well.

Austin
Old 06-22-2004, 11:56 AM

Default Re: (Austin)

What were your flow numbers? That will tell you if it looks good or not.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:05 PM

Default Re: (DonF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DonF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What were your flow numbers? That will tell you if it looks good or not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not even that is an accurate way of gauging the performance of a head... Any moron can hog port a head to flow like crazy but that doesnt mean its going to make more power than a stock head or run quicker than a stock head...

I started messing with a few heads months ago and from the little experience Ive gained Ive learned to apreciate and respect the guys that do this stuff for a living...

The slightest touch in the wrong place makes a world of difference... sometimes for the better most often if you dont know what your doing its for the worse
Old 06-22-2004, 01:48 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rick Solis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I would have to agree, looks mean close to nothing...

Its kind of funny to see all the "that head looks dope/tite/pimp/etc" posts on H-T...

A flap wheel can make a head look "bling bling" but wont do you any good in the HP department...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will agree w/you on one thing the quality of the polishing doesn't make power.The pics look good for what was done.W/that being said,there is a level of apperance that should be attained by someone calling himself a professional head porter.People pay us good hard earned money for our work,and expect quaility in return.The finished head should look like I cared about what I was doing and not just spitting out work to get paid.Everybody is looking at the undone parts and not the worked on areas,the chambers in those pics are beautiful.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:38 PM
H25
Honda-Tech Member

not for $1,400.. you got ripped
Old 06-22-2004, 05:48 PM
The Old One

Default Re: (fkned)

In the description of the various levels of porting we do, it's plainly stated what you get and what you don't get.
The basic package doesn't include full-porting, period. It's the same combination we do for road racers running SCCA, GrandAm, etc where we do our interpretation of Honda's ITR porting job, however, in cases where chamber mods aren't illegal, we include them because of their positive influence on flow and combustion quality.
The basic package as seen here will get you 98-99% of what full porting will do in an application like this one (stock bore, stock pistons, stock bottom end, stock valves, etc).
We've also had customers who've exceeded 235HP with relative ease on higher compression 2-liters using this same basic porting package. Obviously, in these larger displacement applications, more port volume would be of great benefit, but when a customer only has so much money to spend on head labor, springs, retainers, etc, we do the best we can.
All of the basic porting packages can also be updated to full-porting, and or pro-porting configurations at a later date if the customer is so inclined.
Old 06-22-2004, 06:30 PM

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i forgot that part...

ill still be faster than jeremy to the 1/8
Old 06-22-2004, 08:08 PM
HT Black Ops

Default Re: (Eviloliv3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eviloliv3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i forgot that part...

ill still be faster than jeremy to the 1/8 </TD></TR></TABLE> Yeah next time we race I'll make sure I have it in gear before the light's hit the bottom of the tree
Old 06-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (92 civic VX B18c)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
People pay us good hard earned money for our work,and expect quaility in return.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

And how much of that hard earned money goes towards the hours it takes to make the ports "pretty" even though it doesn't offer any performance increase?

Quick Reply: I got my head back from ENDYNE