Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

rsx type s radio not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rsx type s radio not working

in my Type s i have to stock radio 6 cd changer bose and its not turning on, i bought the car with that problem now im looking to fix it the only thing done to the car is intake and exhaust the transmission had to be replace cuz previous owner hit a rock which cracked a hole in the original trans. i have checked the fuses under the dash and under the hood they are all good also the tail lights are not coming on when i apply the breaks please someone help hate driving with no radio lol

Last edited by CRASH N BURN; 07-24-2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: miss speel
Old 07-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: rsx type s radio not working

thanx for the help honda-tech community .... pssshh
Old 07-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

first, did you try replacing the brake light bulbs? dumb question I know but, sometimes when one brake light bulb blows the rest blow shortly after. same with headlights. I never knew why, but it just does. If that is not it, and the fuse is good as you stated. then there seems to be some wiring issues you need to look into. also with the radio, the only thing that would keep it from powering up is a fuse or a problem in the wire harness. look into those things and come back after you have done that.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah thats what im thinking it is but i dont know where to start also the car seems to be kicking on an off a relay were the glove box is i havent had the car to long so no time to check yet but thanx for the help and as for the tail light i checked all the bulbs they seem to all be correct and not blown out ..
Old 07-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Check the bose amp under the passenger seat, unplug it and plug it back in, if that doesnt work it could be a bad relay...if need be I have a bose amp I not using and would let it go for cheap. I would also try taking the bose headunit out and checking the connections and wires...as for the headlights and taillights I would recommend what "Little Aaron" said.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah thanx for the advice ima try that today i didnt know there was an amp under the seat lol and whats the connection that in the trunk of the car on top of the spare tire?
Old 08-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I love the OEM radio in our cars but have had 3 fail on me. So I just deal with an aftermarket unit.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Trial User

same problem happened to my radio OP I took it to some electronics shop and called the dealer and they said that it is a common problem and that you are better off buying a new stereo console because it will cost much more to fix it than it would to buy a better one.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: rsx type s radio not working

Originally Posted by rlippy001
Check the bose amp under the passenger seat, unplug it and plug it back in, if that doesnt work it could be a bad relay...if need be I have a bose amp I not using and would let it go for cheap. I would also try taking the bose headunit out and checking the connections and wires...as for the headlights and taillights I would recommend what "Little Aaron" said.
I am having this same problem w/the clicking sound behind the glove box area and the radio randomly turning off when it makes that sound. I noticed you said it could be a relay; do you know which relay and where I can get a replacement one if possible? Thanks! (think it could be a anti-theft relay connected to the radio if that exists)
Old 10-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ExtremSkr4Evr
I am having this same problem w/the clicking sound behind the glove box area and the radio randomly turning off when it makes that sound. I noticed you said it could be a relay; do you know which relay and where I can get a replacement one if possible? Thanks! (think it could be a anti-theft relay connected to the radio if that exists)
Yeah clicking noises are usually relays. Idk which one it is but search for the sound and find where its coming from and then if it is a relay exactly cut it of and take it into an electronics shop. They should be able to hook you up with another one.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by CRASH N BURN
in my Type s i have to stock radio 6 cd changer bose and its not turning on, i bought the car with that problem now im looking to fix it the only thing done to the car is intake and exhaust the transmission had to be replace cuz previous owner hit a rock which cracked a hole in the original trans. i have checked the fuses under the dash and under the hood they are all good also the tail lights are not coming on when i apply the breaks please someone help hate driving with no radio lol
U check the fuses under the hood? I have had mine go out from that before. Its not one of the big fuses.