Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

walbro going out? what could be te problem. plz help

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default walbro going out? what could be te problem. plz help

ok everyone my car has been acting sluggish. i have tried everything possible and i cant find the problem.

i have replaced everything. cap, rotor, ngk wires, ngk plugs, fuel filter, air filter, is on timing, igniton timing is set good, GE fuel rail and ebay FPR.

before u jump to conclusions, i put a gauge on the fuel rail an it read high so i lowered it to 38 psi and it ran very very bad. idk why because my friends runs great at that psi. i then raised it up to 45 and it was better (both numbers set at idle.) still wasnt kicking hard enough so i removed FPR nad put back a stock FPR on the GE fuel rail. now it read 49 psi at idle(kidk why i heard stock fuel psi are to be between 37-45 stock, and i did put a stock FPR), runs better but if i floor it without slammin clutch on 1st is a dead frog. im comming to think my walbro may be going bad? or main relay? reason i say main relay the car before would have a delay start, i turn key over and 1 sec then it would crank up. also my rpm idles at 1k, when i turn on ac it goes all da way to 200rpms making every bone of me shake. im in need of alot of help plz.

the car is pretty much **** before vtec, like hesitation is a must on it. after vtec kicks in it gives it a little hump but still u can feel the engoine wants to go..
Old 03-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Accident Prone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: walbro going out? what could be te problem. plz help

Question #1: is the car an ITR? If yes, then you're in the right spot but I can't help you there.

Though I would post this in the all-motor forum or just tech/misc
Old 03-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes it is. and if anythan yes i do hear the fuel pump prime on 2nd ignition. yes i heara noise once car is on like uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh not too loud tho.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you see the itr specifc vin will make your car behave differently. had this been a base car would could have assumed the part failed but beings it's an itr special consideration has to be given to the droids that do self repair on the car. you see when a part is starting to fail on an itr the internal intelligence will attempt to fix the problem thus complicating our answer. it should also be noted only half of the original number exist on salvage titles making them fall somewhere in between a clean itr and a gsr. at this point you really should find out if the car has attempted to fix itself or if further diagnostics will be needed. worst case you may have to find a ferrari dealership and talk to them about your car. the only bad part about that is the utter shock value a mere ferrari dealer will feel when an itr pulls in the shop. men have died from less
Old 03-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anybody with a helpful reply?
Old 03-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

did you check all your ground points? delay start kind of points to that as well as bogging down. stock Fuel pressure on R is 52 I believe. check the main ground at the head of the water jacket T-stat. pull it off, clean it up and put it back, check all the others as well.

you may not get such sarcastic responses if you use reasonably intelligent grammar and spelling.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Take it to a reputable shop.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SlapSmak
did you check all your ground points? delay start kind of points to that as well as bogging down. stock Fuel pressure on R is 52 I believe. check the main ground at the head of the water jacket T-stat. pull it off, clean it up and put it back, check all the others as well.

you may not get such sarcastic responses if you use reasonably intelligent grammar and spelling.
im pretty sure that ground is good because i just replaced the thermostat aswell. so i had to remove the ground. ill check the tranny ground aswell, any others?
Old 03-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh for pete's sakes

clean your IAC valve, check the set screw in the TB so the car idles at 750rpm warm. you may have a vacuum leak somewhere which also can cause an erratic idle. the other place people get into these impossible to solve situations is with the timing belt. if you skipped a tooth the car will run but will run like ***, won't idle right and will be down on power. also check ignition timing while you're at it.

very very good chance that one of these is the issue

or you could wait for the droids to fix it
Old 03-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have tried all that bro. infact just the other day.

just wondering and it may be a stupid question, when the main relay goes out, it goes out completely or it just starts to drain power from car and etc? for a few days in morning car would start and shut off and it would take a few tries. or if i wanted it to work from first try, id have to turn car on and stay on gas pedal maitaining rpms from going dead to 0 and shutting car off....anybody?

also how bout a walbro? asking all this because id like to save some money if that aint the problem. the pump primes on 2nd igniton, yes it whines once car is on too.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you suspect the fuel pump the best way to text it is to use a remote fuel psi gauge, tape it to the window, go drive the car, floor it and see if psi falls