Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Rsx-S or Integra-R

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (yellow blur)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellow blur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you wanna go ahead and jump on the bandwagon.. that's cool...

Being a magazine racer is pretty gay but, there's got to be a reason why the ITR was named like #3 out of 100 or something like that from SCC a few months ago.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

again, i don't even bother with what magazines tell you. they are filled with a bunch of useless, ricer filled facts. i do my own research, look over the plus and minuses of the cars, and come to my own conclusion as to what i think about them. and yea i guess i would jump on that bandwagon because i would take an evo or an sti over a type r. overall i think that they are a better car being awd, turbo'd, they have the chasis reinforcement like the type r does, and not just the strut tower bars but in the welds in the chasis itself, and accept upgrades far better than the type r does.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:30 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Exactly, he said "you are not right for the ITR." Had he said, "the ITR is not right for you," then I wouldn't have had a problem with it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
This is unfortunately what I see all too often in the ITR forum.

It's fine to glorify the car, but it just gets silly when you start glorifying yourself.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (EFHondaRue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EFHondaRue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">again, i don't even bother with what magazines tell you. they are filled with a bunch of useless, ricer filled facts. i do my own research, look over the plus and minuses of the cars, and come to my own conclusion as to what i think about them. and yea i guess i would jump on that bandwagon because i would take an evo or an sti over a type r. overall i think that they are a better car being awd, turbo'd, they have the chasis reinforcement like the type r does, and not just the strut tower bars but in the welds in the chasis itself, and accept upgrades far better than the type r does.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed, but you can't even compare AWD/Turbo to a freakin FWD car. It's not even the same comparison. If for something thats supposed to be sporty and newer, around the price range $30K, can't beat a 5 year old FWD design, then something is wrong.

What's pretty sad is that both Mitsubishi and Subaru are throwing warranty's out the window left and right beacuse their "sport cars" can't handle being driven in a sport manner.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Fair enough </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Because they have real cars.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why don't you sell your POS, and buy an ITR, so you can have a real car too?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (Cod Sac)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cod Sac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Why don't you sell your POS, and buy an ITR, so you can have a real car too?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you a couple cans short of a six pack? Read my statement. I said M5's, Porsche's, and Ferrari's were all real cars. NOT ITR's.

And why would I buy an ITR? So I can have a slower car that will get stolen sooner?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (Targa250R)

OMFG!!!

You people can't comprehend what you read???

My statement is referring to the fact that the R needs to be taken care of more (to prevent being stolen)& maintenance, the fact that it does not have creature comforts such as leather is a big concern to a lot of people- so what I have said is that you must be right for the car is simply saying can you deal with the added headaches of owning a this type of car ?

It takes a person who is willing to swallow all the BS that comes with the ITR ownership, like all of your negative TALK.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Because they have real cars.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have to agree with everyone else on this one, if those are real cars, then i guess i will drive a fake car forever. i guess i have a pretty wild imagination because i could have sworn that i drove to work every day in a real car. guess not. i guess i just teleport there. freakin wierd, huh?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

fake cars forever &gt;=P

As cited from a dictionary:

car ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kär)
n.
1. An automobile.
2. A vehicle, such as a streetcar, that runs on rails: a railroad car.
3. A boxlike enclosure for passengers and freight on a conveyance: an elevator car.
4. The part of a balloon or airship that carries people and cargo.
5. A chariot, carriage, or cart.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (Bbasso)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bbasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
My statement is referring to the fact that the R needs to be taken care of more (to prevent being stolen)& maintenance, the fact that it does not have creature comforts such as leather is a big concern to a lot of people- so what I have said is that you must be right for the car is simply saying can you deal with the added headaches of owning a this type of car ?

It takes a person who is willing to swallow all the BS that comes with the ITR ownership, like all of your negative TALK. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i think that sounds a lot better than "if you have to ask then just get the rsx". not saying that you posted that, i just don't want to go through the previous pages and find out who did post it.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Risky Business

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (Bbasso)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bbasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OMFG!!!
You people can't comprehend what you read???
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You need to learn to reword your statements so you don't sound like a cliquish assclown.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bbasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OMFG!!!
My statement is referring to the fact that the R needs to be taken care of more (to prevent being stolen)& maintenance, the fact that it does not have creature comforts such as leather is a big concern to a lot of people- so what I have said is that you must be right for the car is simply saying can you deal with the added headaches of owning a this type of car ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, you said "you are not right for the ITR." And what, you are? Does that make you better than him? The statement makes you sound very arrogant.

Lets see, if you had written "the ITR is not right for you." With that statement, you are moving the subject away from the ITR and onto him. You are not making yourself look better than him, only implying that the ITR will not meet HIS needs.

Saying "you won't meet the needs of the ITR" is stupid and mean. Its a ******* car, and it demoralizes the thread starter.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bbasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It takes a person who is willing to swallow all the BS that comes with the ITR ownership, like all of your negative TALK. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats great. Why didn't you just tell him that in the first place?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (yellow blur)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellow blur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Agreed, but you can't even compare AWD/Turbo to a freakin FWD car. It's not even the same comparison. If for something thats supposed to be sporty and newer, around the price range $30K, can't beat a 5 year old FWD design, then something is wrong.

What's pretty sad is that both Mitsubishi and Subaru are throwing warranty's out the window left and right beacuse their "sport cars" can't handle being driven in a sport manner.</TD></TR></TABLE>

point taken
Old 12-06-2004, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey EFRue.

Here's some links taken from the ITR FAQ thread somewhere near the top... NOt sure if its stickied. Someone put together a pretty good list though...here's just a sampler.

ITR Specs vs Other Integras
http://69.53.28.141/specifications.html
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=525368
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=638152
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=857260

In any case, this thread is getting a little ridiculous.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:54 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> cliquish assclown.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't stop laughing...
Old 12-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Real Time Racing used the ITR, and won several championships with it. The RSX isn't doing to good. Actually the TSX is doing better than the RSX. Why? Could it be the suspension? Why didn't RTR use a the ls teg or GSR teg back in the day? And remember TAZ with the Skunk 2 civic. He couldn't hang with plenty of R&D. The ITR is a damn fine automobile. You can put money into other vehicles and make them hang, but if you put the same money into the ITR you will still be that much better on the track. Buy the Type R. You will love it.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Oracle of GDD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You need to learn to reword your statements so you don't sound like a cliquish assclown.</TD></TR></TABLE>

He never did.

You and the other critics (none of whom drive ITRs, obviously, or we wouldn't be having this discussion), read arrogance where there was only concern. Concern that the wrong owner might start looking for an ITR, and be unhappy with it.

It was your own Napoleon complex that caused you to get defensive over Rob's statements. Then you and the other guys decided you would prove something to the snobs who think they are God's gift to man since they can afford an ITR. The problem is, that caricature is entirely of your own making.

Not a real car? Please. That will make us tune you out faster than a Civic driver can steal an ITR.

Up until a few years ago, the ITR posted better braking numbers than any production car save the McLaren F1. It's still among the best. Not bad for a car that's been faking its existence since 1997.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its all about respect. you must learn to respect the ITR. I respect all cars, because they all have some sort of purpose, and the owners, all bought that car for some reason. I wanted an ITR because its rare, fast out of the box, handles excellent, and its got the FACTORY HONDA RELIABILITY. Sure I could make a faster car with aftermarket parts any monkey with a wrench can do it, but I wanted something that was made by Honda.

If you really want to see the history of the ITR and what it stands for go out and by the best motorings DVD- Legend of the Type R. It explains everything.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (01ITR640)

2 e-beers for Ross.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:13 AM
Risky Business

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (Ross R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ross R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Concern that the wrong owner might start looking for an ITR, and be unhappy with it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or you guys would be unhappy that an R got into the wrong hands Tell him to drive the car, and let him decide for himself.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ross R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Not a real car? Please. That will make us tune you out faster than a Civic driver can steal an ITR.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry you bought a 25,000 automobile that my baby cousin could steal.

Up until a few years ago, the ITR posted better braking numbers than any production car save the McLaren F1. It's still among the best. Not bad for a car that's been faking its existence since 1997.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow. It has great brakes. So how come the owner is not right for it? Is it going to drive you guys nuts if he brakes too early for a stop sign?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 01ITR640 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Its all about respect. you must learn to respect the ITR. Sure I could make a faster car with aftermarket parts any monkey with a wrench can do it. If you really want to see the history of the ITR and what it stands for go out and by the best motorings DVD</TD></TR></TABLE>

And you Type R owners wonder why you guys get labeled elitist ********
Old 12-06-2004, 11:14 AM
be professional

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (Ross R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ross R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You and the other critics (none of whom drive ITRs, obviously, or we wouldn't be having this discussion), read arrogance where there was only concern. Concern that the wrong owner might start looking for an ITR, and be unhappy with it.</TD></TR></TABLE>
It's funny that you don't see the irony there.

I've been to two R Expos and have met several of these guys in person - I know they aren't the elitist ******** that you're agreeing they appear to be over the internet. They are all part of a great group with a common interest and have every right to be proud of the car.

It's funny how the anonymity and remote nature of the internet changes people though.

Despite the small change in wording, there is a big difference in meaning between saying "the car is not right for you" vs. "you are not right for the car (whereas I am)." Not making the distinction between the two is where the arrogant attitude comes into play.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And you Type R owners wonder why you guys get labeled elitist ******** </TD></TR></TABLE>

good job dipshit at taking out the section where i talked about respecting all cars. Your a dumbass

GTFO!!!

when you can respect an ITR for what it is then you can come back and talk to us.

Im maybe be an elitist ******* but atleast I respect cars and dont just talk **** on how fast my LS is.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (Targa250R)

Would you guys all agree that most ITR owners are very PRIDEFUL in their car? Couldn't it be mistaken for arrogance when actually they just have a lot of PRIDE?

You guys are just going back and forth about the same technicalities, just drop it already.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Risky Business

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (01ITR640)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 01ITR640 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
good job dipshit at taking out the section where i talked about respecting all cars. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's called editing a quote. Holy ****! What a concept!

Your a dumbass
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really. Prove to me that you're less of a dumbass than I am.

when you can respect an ITR for what it is then you can come back and talk to us.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

What is it then? I always thought it was a overweight, overpriced Honda Civic. Maybe I'm wrong?

Im maybe be an elitist ******* but atleast I respect cars and dont just talk **** on how fast my LS is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What does that have to do with me?
Old 12-06-2004, 11:35 AM
be professional

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (01ITR640)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellow blur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Would you guys all agree that most ITR owners are very PRIDEFUL in their car? Couldn't it be mistaken for arrogance when actually they just have a lot of PRIDE?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Pride is one thing. I don't see anything wrong with it. I am proud of the cars I own, and everyone here is entitled to be proud of the car they own.

The problem comes when you cross the line into believing that you are the only person worthy of owning something special. That's arrogance.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You guys are just going back and forth about the same technicalities, just drop it already.</TD></TR></TABLE>
The technicalities are what it is all about.

If the others would have realized what the point really is and accepted it, rather than carrying on stubbornly, then it would have been dropped a long time ago.

If you really want me to drop it, that's fine, I will - but just keep in mind that if nobody can admit that they've learned a lesson here, then everything the R group has been accused of here might as well be true.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Oracle of GDD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And you Type R owners wonder why you guys get labeled elitist ******** </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why, because the ITR has a real, competition-born history that we refuse to ignore?

If you want to ignore it, that's fine. But it's real, and it's there.

And, please demonstrate why the ITR is not a real car. Aside from its HP rating, I can't think of any reason why it should not be considered a truly rare bird in the vein of the E30 M3 etc.

Quick Reply: Rsx-S or Integra-R