Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Rsx-S or Integra-R

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (flesh199)

alright, i guess i am an idiot. will someone then, in detail, describe to me what is so great about the type r? and don't say you have to own one to know cause that is a bunch of b/s. i want to be educated in the type r. so someone, please explain it to me whay the type r is so much better than any other car. if anyone can do this, it would be greatly appreciated. and i apologize to everyone who got offended by me saying that type r's are gay. i don't really think they are. i love all hondas, including the rsx. i think that every single honda has potential to become something great. but it just pisses me off whenever people act like they are better than everyone else because of what they drive, where they live, or how they dress. it's bullshit. i have an 89 crx hf that i have been putting back together for almost a year now that someone had riced the **** out of. it had the front interior spray painted blue and the back interior stripped out. the intake manifold and throttle body was spray painted blue. the wiring was all hacked up. basically this car was losing all hope. but i bought it and have been slowly putting it back together to make it a nice, clean daily driver. now i know that a crx isn't as nice as any integra, type r or not. but just becaues i drive a crx and you drive a type r doesn't make you better than me. this is where i started and where i'm at today on it. sorry for the quality of the pics.
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1064451

Modified by EFHondaRue at 6:41 PM 12/6/2004
Old 12-06-2004, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You?

Seriously, just because this guy doesn't think that that ITR is gods gift to Honda owners he should be banned?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't have an opinion/say like he did?
Old 12-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[Shakes head]

topic has never been covered or beaten like a dead horse before

Old 12-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (Bbasso)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bbasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I can't have an opinion/say like he did?</TD></TR></TABLE>

He isn't saying that you should be banned...you're acting a lot more arrogant than he is.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Oracle of GDD

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (EFHondaRue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EFHondaRue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and as far as being an idiot, just because i don't own a type r makes me an idiot, huh. just because i read all the time about how great the type r is and came to my own conclusion that it wasn't as great as everybody thought it was IMO, that makes me an idiot, huh? well if that's the case then i guess i'm an idiot. but at least i know that i don't have to have a certain car to make me smart or to be part of an "elitest" group. f*ck your group. type r's are gay.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't understand people like you, I really don't.

You guys take every opportunity to make sure that ITR owners know how over-rated their cars are, and how stuck-up and arrogant we ourselves are, and how you can beat us at the dragstrip with a car that costs half as much.

If that's the case, then why do you even bother coming in here and posting? If our cars are 'gay,' and so are we, then by all means, just stick to the Civic forum where all the heterosexuals obviously congregate. We ITR-driving homosexuals won't miss you.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (Ross R)

obviously you didn't read my last post. so for a second time, i do apologize for the "gay" comment. i don't really think that the type r is a gay car or that the people that drive them are gay.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (1GreyTeg)

just search, we have went through this a billion times sheesh
Old 12-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Oracle of GDD

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EFHondaRue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but it just pisses me off whenever people act like they are better than everyone else because of what they drive, where they live, or how they dress. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No one in here has said that. We have merely said that if you have to ask why the ITR is worth buying, it's probably not the car for you.

No one in here has said that ITR owners are better people than non-ITR drivers; you jumped to a conclusion that none of us were trying to make.

It's obvious that at some point, you've been derided for "what you drive, where you live, or how you dress." I'm genuinely sorry about that, but there's no need to get defensive on your car's behalf when no one has insulted you, or it, in the first place.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Search and FAQ's are your friends. There's so much write-up on the ITR its not even funny. Do you really need someone to tell you one on one and walk you through every detail?
Honda-Tech Member

then why have people previously posted that because they drive a type r that they are part of an elitist group?
Risky Business

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ross R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If that's the case, then why do you even bother coming in here and posting? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, everytime I see something like this:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bbasso &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you need to ask then your not right for the ITR, sorry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It pisses me off. Owning an ITR is not some kind of priviledge that only 1337 road racer wannabes have. Its a ******* car. Anyone with money can purchase one. No one should be told "you don't deserve an ITR" because of the way they perceive them.

Ross, don't bother-

Old 12-06-2004, 10:04 AM

Don't you ******* READ???

look for my responses.

I thought I explained myself rather well and simple enough for simpletons like you to understand.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (HypeR0070)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HypeR0070 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Search and FAQ's are your friends. There's so much write-up on the ITR its not even funny. Do you really need someone to tell you one on one and walk you through every detail? </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, i do. remember, i'm an idiot. i need everything drawn out in pretty colors for me.

this image really helped me understand how "v-tech" works

Old 12-06-2004, 10:09 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of you people really, really need to branch out and look at other cars besides Hondas.

Since the 1960's, folks have been making "lesser" trimlines into the better ones or lesser cars that will outrun them. I can't tell you how many 69 Camaros I've seen that have been "converted" to SS/RS trimlines. And even if the end result is the same, it just isn't--if you know what I mean. Not to mention that a "real" 69 Z28, RS/SS, etc goes for a heck of a lot more money at the auctions.

With this said, the ITR is special in that it has a unique chassis. You will not find the extra bracing or the go fast goodies on the lower models. Sure, you can make an LS outrun a stock R, but is that really the point here? I can take a 88 Mustang GT and do the same for a lot less money, and eat your lunch as well while I'm at it.

The point is, the R *is* a special car. I rank it with the BMW M3's, WRX STi and the other cars that were unique from the rest of the models and had a performance edge, straight from the factory. Go on a BMW board and say that you have an 88 325 that will own their M3 and see what kind of response you get.

I had a GSR. I traded it for the R because the R is a better car off the showroom, period. Maybe I'm stupid for not buying a 88 CRX Dx bucket and fixing that up, so shame on me. But I had the money so I did it. The point is, don't hate on the car (ITR) or the folks who own them. That just makes you look like a complete @sshat with ***** envy, because you obviously don't appreciate the R for what it is--a truly remarkable FF car that Honda will probably never send to our shores again.

And even lightly modded, the R is still tough to beat in all aspects. Sure, it can be done--but anything pretty much can. You can build a Yugo to be a Ferrari if such is your goal, but in the end you still have a POS Yugo.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Oracle of GDD

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No one should be told "you don't deserve an ITR" because of the way they perceive them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now, wait just a damned minute! This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Rob said "you're not right for the car," not "You don't deserve one."

You've spun the argument in a different direction than it needs to go. No one is making the case for people not "deserving" an ITR - only that if you are hesitating even slightly about buying one, it probably isn't the right car for you.

You guys have got to be a lot more careful. Respond to what people say, and not what you think they mean.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EFHondaRue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nothing matches up to it huh? What about the STI or the EVO? you can get a used one for roughly the same price as a used typr r. and personally i think that either one of those would out perform the type r on a daily basis. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you wanna go ahead and jump on the bandwagon.. that's cool...

Being a magazine racer is pretty gay but, there's got to be a reason why the ITR was named like #3 out of 100 or something like that from SCC a few months ago.

I don't think any of the ITR owners here are trying to be "fucked up" by saying, if you gotta ask then get the type-s." It's just what the OTHER non-itr owners make the ITR out to be.

ITR forum gets most traffic on this forum, and we have to deal with the most bullshit that comes through here. I think we're just all a little tired of these kind of questions.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Risky Business

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ross R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Rob said "you're not right for the car," not "You don't deserve one."
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly, he said "you are not right for the ITR." Had he said, "the ITR is not right for you," then I wouldn't have had a problem with it. Again, from the way he worded his sentence, I deducted that he was referring to the cult following of the ITR and how it's a "OMFG Type R's are SWEET" car and only those who think that way should own it. I'm sorry for overanalyzing his statement and interpreting it the way that I did, if that is what he truely meant to say.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellow blur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
ITR forum gets most traffic on this forum, and we have to deal with the most bullshit that comes through here. I think we're just all a little tired of these kind of questions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually the EG+ gets the most traffic of the model-specific forums, almost 20% more traffic. Don't talk to me about bullshit questions.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (Todd00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Todd00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That just makes you look like a complete @sshat with ***** envy, because you obviously don't appreciate the R for what it is--a truly remarkable FF car that Honda will probably never send to our shores again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have to admit that was pretty funny.
but still, i don't think that any of that makes it so special that if someone tries to compare the type r to another car when looking to buy a car, that they should get flamed for it. i'm not trying to dipute that the type r is not an awesome car from honda. it is one of the best. right up there with the nsx and s2000 IMO. but i still do not think that it is that special of a car that the people who own one should flame anybody else for comparing it to another car.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, everytime I see something like this:

It pisses me off. Owning an ITR is not some kind of priviledge that only 1337 road racer wannabes have. Its a ******* car. Anyone with money can purchase one. No one should be told "you don't deserve an ITR" because of the way they perceive them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why don't you TROLL your *** over to the M5 forum or the Ferrari or Porsche forums and go and start telling all of them that they are 3l337ist ******** and they should get off their pedastools? Get a life mang.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Risky Business

Default Re: Rsx-S or Integra-R (yellow blur)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by yellow blur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Why don't you TROLL your *** over to the M5 forum or the Ferrari or Porsche forums and go and start telling all of them that they are 3l337ist ******** and they should get off their pedastools? Get a life mang.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because they have real cars.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Actually the EG+ gets the most traffic of the model-specific forums, almost 20% more traffic. Don't talk to me about bullshit questions.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It wasn't until recently that this was true.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Because they have real cars.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If they have real cars, then that means you and I both drive crappy fake cars. I don't understand the point of arguing in this thread then. I drive an ITR, it's fake and crappy. You appear to drive some sort of boosted civic, that by your definition is not a real car. So there, done. No more need to argue.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:25 AM

If you wanna join the chicks, buy RSX. cause it's a girl car.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:25 AM
Risky Business

If they have real cars, then that means you and I both drive crappy fake cars. I don't understand the point of arguing in this thread then. I drive an ITR, it's fake and crappy. You appear to drive some sort of boosted civic, that by your definition is not a real car. So there, done. No more need to argue.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fair enough

Quick Reply: Rsx-S or Integra-R