Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

A few brake questions (stock)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few brake questions (stock)

So I take my car to the dealer because my rotors had developed hot spots. They turned (resurfaced) the rotors and put on new pads no charge under warranty.
Only problem they didn't get the brakes bled enough and now I have more pedal travel and mush. Now my questions:

Will turning the rotors cure the hot spot problem?
I haven't been able to test it out because it only occured when stopping from 110+

Is there anything out of the ordinary involed in bleeding the brakes because of the ABS?
Only the front was worked on, but on other cars I've had I had to bleed the entire system every time. Should I go ahead and bleed the back as well?

I'll probably end up getting a brake pump so I don't have to have anyone helping. I know I need to get speed bleaders, but I probably couldn't get any by Sat. (autox on Sun.) so I'll install those later. Thanks..
Old 12-05-2001, 08:14 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A few brake questions (Jimmy L)

I'm assuming you have warped your rotors...this is what you are referring to when you say "hot spot"?

Turning the rotor may help - depends on how severe the hot spotting was. You will hot spot your rotors, which may lead to warping, if you don't allow the rotors to cool off after you beat on the brakes. NEVER park the car with hot brakes...if you do, you deserve to have warpped rotors - fair warning.

Always bleed your brakes whenever you install new pads and/or unbolt the calipers and move the pistons back.

Andie
Old 12-05-2001, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: A few brake questions (CarbotechAndie)

If you're doing track events, they usually give you warning about your last lap, like a checkered flag or something...on that last lap, USE IT as a cool down, go as slow as needed so that you don't have to touch the brakes. Bleeding can suck, expect to do it a few times before everything is back to normal. I have speedbleeders, and they do the trick...i've heard from a few people that the pump mechanisms are great.