Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Evo Magazine - 100 Greatest Drivers Cars

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Evo Magazine - 100 Greatest Drivers Cars

lol and I honestly don't care if the ITR made it and the S2000 didn't.

I wasn't talking about the list. You brought that one up.

I just said that the ITR isn't a sports car. Not sure how many times I have to say that. Infact..I think you even agreed with me that the ITR technically is NOT a sports car. That's really my only argument.

Besides all that...the S2000 isn't on the list YET. Who says they won't have it on the next page?
Old 10-27-2009, 09:05 AM
FSAE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B serious
There's plenty of awesome cars that didn't make the list. Is the ITR better than those cars also?
Better is a subjective term.

Faster? Sure, I would say 90% of the cars on EVO’s 100 list are faster, straight line, lap times, whatever metric you decide. To be honest, I would rather own many of the cars ranked lower in that article.

However, the rankings in the EVO magazine article are based on the collective experience of the staff and test drivers at EVO. I would make the argument they have a better ability subjectively assess what is a “drivers car” more than any one of us here on Honda-Tech, unless we are in a similar position and have driven most if not all of the cars evaluated. Doubt it….

With that said, I think their assessment of the ITR’s ranking relative to other cars is fair. It is very much a driver’s car. Sports car? Maybe not by your definition, but then again I would rather have a Lambo LP640 or Nissan GTR than a your-definition “sports car”, and I would gladly accept any definition of said cars, whether it be coupe, G-T, or pink fuzzy bunny. Because, well, they are much faster.

It would be only natural for you to defend the S2000 when compared to the ITR; it has more power, a more capable drivetrain, and it is more expensive, so there must be some argument for it to be more capable in any given performance environment. No one here can argue that the S2000 is marginally faster than an ITR, stock vs stock, with some level of experience, the same drivers in the same conditions. However, I think there is a valid argument that a novice driver can drive a stock ITR faster than a stock S2000 in a one-lap Time Attack type setting. And I think in general, this is the definition of a “drivers car”. A car that can be driven at or near the limit, for prolonged periods of time, with relative ease, with a return of enjoyment and fun, with not much experience needed.

Last edited by 92TypeR; 10-27-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agreed and maybe one or two other people agreed that the ITR is not a sports car by the traditional definition of what makes a sports car, but I don't speak for everyone here. The argument that the ITR won World Challenge from 97 to 01 (every year of production) and has had a remarkable and significant place in racing history probably indicates that the classic definition of what designates a sports car is too limiting.
Regardless, getting worked up over other people's opinions of what you drive, your likes and dislikes is petty because no matter what you own or drive someone will have an opinion about it that you will not like. Corvette guys are all going through mid-life crisis. Honda guys are all Asian students living in the ghetto dealing drugs.. Mustang guys all have handlebar mustaches. Ferrari and Lambo owners only care about image etc.
I would gladly own an S2k, ZR1, Bullet or Cobra, 355 or 360 or 250GT, Gallardo, etc.
Wouldn't it be nice to have one of each and let everyone else worry about all the arguing?
Old 10-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Painfully Stupid

Originally Posted by 98ITR747
Honda guys are all Asian students living in the ghetto dealing drugs
Ok let me change the argument now... lol
Old 10-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by -PaulMc-
Ok let me change the argument now... lol
There's no argument. Obviously no one on here thinks like that but it's an unfortunate stereotype that Honda owners are subjected to, made worse by all the rice out there and fast and furious culture.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No..I don't think intelligence works on most of the people in here.
I wont speak for the rest of the grouo in here but I can safely say that intelligence doesn't seem to be YOUR strong suit. You keep talking about sports cars when the magizine is talking about "Drivers cars".

I wasn't debating ITRs vs. S2000s
RLY? What have you been doing for the last 3 pages then?

I said the ITR doesn't belong in a certain category of car. If you're going to call it a sports car, you might as well call it a truck, a SUV, a wagon, a hatchback, AND a convertible all at once.
No. I said I wanted more intelligent wisdom frm you. This is just useless dribble. Blah blah blah.

I'm not sad. The S2000's still faster in any respect. It's also just an overall better car.
No. You not sad.....

Go ahead and tell us now how yoiur almighty s2k is a better car. I need some more comedy in here.

I honestly didn't read the list.
Trust me. It's obvious. It's about as obvious as your Troll status in here.

lol and I honestly don't care if the ITR made it and the S2000 didn't.
ROFL. You lie like you type on this forum. Out your ***.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:19 AM

I'm pretty open to all cars. I said that the ITR is one of the best...if not the best FWD chassis ever made. I said that LONG before this magazine did.

I've owned Mitubishis (never again), Nissans and Hondas. FWD and RWD.

I just call it like it is.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by get RIGHT
I wont speak for the rest of the grouo in here but I can safely say that intelligence doesn't seem to be YOUR strong suit. You keep talking about sports cars when the magizine is talking about "Drivers cars".

You spelled group wrong, BTW.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Painfully Stupid

Originally Posted by get RIGHT
IGo ahead and tell us now how yoiur almighty s2k is a better car. I need some more comedy in here.

ROFL. You lie like you type on this forum. Out your ***.

x2.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Painfully Stupid

You spelled group wrong, BTW.
I'm sure hes retarded and doesn't no how to spell group. Or maybe it's because the P and the O are right next to eachother on the standard keyboard and that the probability of him spelling it wrong is high while typing fast, and at you, compared to where the key is on the board.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I just call it like it is.
Yeah. I do to and you are a Obvious Troll with zero credibility in here.

Where's those youtube vids you promised?

Here's one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE_GXT8IVUI

Oops. Looks like the roadster lost again.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:46 AM

the ITR still isn't a sports car...

You can show me footage of an ITR beating a S2000, a Miata, and a Z06 at the same time. It wouldn't change that fact.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:11 AM

lol this is getting out of hand anyway. Let's take a step back. Let's take the S2000 and "sports car" out of the equation.

If some guy had a trunk extender on his ITR and showed that he could stuff more groceries into the back of it than an Accord Wagon...would you start calling the ITR a wagon?

If someone had a V8 in a ITR and it towed more weight than a Tundra...could you call the ITR a truck?

Rationally answer those questions.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol this is getting out of hand anyway. Let's take a step back. Let's take the S2000 and "sports car" out of the equation.

If some guy had a trunk extender on his ITR and showed that he could stuff more groceries into the back of it than an Accord Wagon...would you start calling the ITR a wagon?

If someone had a V8 in a ITR and it towed more weight than a Tundra...could you call the ITR a truck?

If someone gives you a monitor and a keyboard does it make you look like a jackass... too late!

I have ALWAYS wanted to own a pickup!

Old 10-27-2009, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Integra Type "R" <----------------- R meaning race...... FACTORY PRODUCED LIMITED RACE CAR for the road course and the street............ enough said....

S2000 CR........(club racer)...... Factory produced limited race car for the road course and the street as well.......

who the fukk gives a **** weather or not its classified as a sports car....... really who gives a ****......

and besides a car having a "race car" name is cooler then "sports car" lol I WAS just bored and felt like putting my $0.02 in..........

Last edited by DeDonDeRosa; 10-27-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

QFT

Originally Posted by DeDonDeRosa
and besides a car having a "race car" name is cooler then "sports car" lol
Old 10-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The ITR is a sports coupe.
A coupe is a type of car. If the ITR is a sports coupe, it is also a sports car.

I have a pair of khakis. Khakis are a type of pants. Therefore I have a pair of pants.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is the most ridic. **** i have ever heard JUST DROP IT ...... LEAVE IT AS IT IS.... THIS IS CRAZY....... INTERNET FIGHTING FTL... JUST SO YA KNOW
Old 10-27-2009, 01:20 PM

nope. I'm right.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nope. I'm right.
At what? Being an asshat. Your right.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think it's time to get the oldies out...

The ITR is gods gift to men... Nuff Said'

Lock this **** up! lol
Old 10-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MiraiZ
^I was going to say the same thing. A sports car is not necessarily a two seater RWD. There are plenty of sports cars on the market that are outside of your definition. (ie. Lancer Evo's which were successful track and rally cars for several years, same for STi's) and they were both 4 door AWD sedans....

What about the BMW M3, not a two seater, so by your definition not a sports car? Bugatti Veryon is a AWD, not a sports car? Hmm.. I think you need to question your own definition of what a sports car really is. Just because a car does not fit the same form factor that the S2000 is, doesn't necessarily make it a non-sports car. As a matter of fact there a several groups here who may argue that that the S2000 isn't a sports car, but rather a roadster like the Z3, Z4, and Mazda Eunos Roadster (or Miata in the US).

I seemed to recall seeing a video a while back of some dumbass S2000 owner spouting his mouth of about how FF's could never real race cars, and got totally spanked by Civics and Integra. Just my 2 yen. Think about it....I haven't said a thing...

That guy with the S2000 never did out run any of the fwd guys, he finished up there with them but didnt get 1st...

And in that same vid, his ****en wheel came off the car while going into a turn
Old 10-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya that or his tire exploded, whatever the hell that was, it wasn't bad driving, it was damage around the wheel or diff
Old 10-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You do know a S2000 is really a roadster
Old 10-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ITR is absolutly a sports car.. I dont think sports car defines a specific body type or lay out of a vehicle, but how the car actually performs and what the driver feels while driving it.

Hey B serious.. please "b serious" and see it for what it REALLY is, the ITR IS a sports car just a different kind than yours.

Quick Reply: Evo Magazine - 100 Greatest Drivers Cars