Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra Type-R (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-type-r-8/)
-   -   Evo Magazine - 100 Greatest Drivers Cars (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-type-r-8/evo-magazine-100-greatest-drivers-cars-2669415/)

Scotty2H 10-24-2009 07:38 AM

Evo Magazine - 100 Greatest Drivers Cars

Evo has a new countdown going on. At #22, the Integra Type-R. Quite please to see the car still getting respect

22 HONDA INTEGRA
What an engine: 187bhp at 8000rpm, 8400rpm red line, scalp-prickling noise. And what a chassis. The Integra R is one of those rare cars that doesn’t have to sacrifice control for comfort. Its firmness keeps its sticky Bridgestone Potenzas planted to the tarmac but doesn’t allow sharp inputs to upset the body’s composure. And when you do breach the limit (intentionally or otherwise) the chassis stays with you rather than hanging you out to dry. Throw in steering with a surprising amount of weight and feel, and a deliciously short and precise gearshift, and it all adds up to something very special indeed. In a word: sensational.

Layout: Front-engine, front-drive Engine: In-line 4-cyl, 1797cc Power: 187bhp Top speed: 145mph 0-60: 6.2sec Years: 1996-2000
Hope it's not a repost. They just posted 40 - 31, but I could see the 30 - 21 as well.

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/featur...down_3021.html

PaulMc 10-24-2009 08:38 AM

Re: Evo Magazine - 100 Greatest Drivers Cars

I remember reading a while back the Honda Integra R was number 9 best sport car and Honda NSX R was 6, and I'm sure it was Evo Magazine's countdown, but maybe it was a different class list? Cool to see the R come before some high end exotics. :thumbup:

iheartintegras 10-24-2009 11:19 AM

Evo magazine also titled the ITR as the "Greatest FWD performance car of all time"

PaulMc 10-24-2009 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by iheartintegras (Post 40407642)
Evo magazine also titled the ITR as the "Greatest FWD performance car of all time"

oh yeahhhh!

Topshot 10-24-2009 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by -PaulMc- (Post 40406498)
I remember reading a while back the Honda Integra R was number 9 best sport car and Honda NSX R was 6, and I'm sure it was Evo Magazine's countdown, but maybe it was a different class list? Cool to see the R come before some high end exotics. :thumbup:

I have a subscription to EVO and the original top 10 list was voted by EVO readers and this current issue was compiled by the writers/editors. I don't agree with the Zonda being the best car.

Scotty2H 10-25-2009 03:21 PM

Because you drove the Zonda and didn't like it?

PaulMc 10-25-2009 04:18 PM

Heres the list I've been going by, (for top 10):

General Automotive>EVO magazine (UK) top 10 sports cars

1. McLaren F1
2. Ferrari F40
3. Pagani Zonda
4. Lancia Delta Integrale
5. Buggatti Veyron
6. Honda NSX/R
7. Porsche 911 2.7 997 GT3
8. Porsche 911 2.7 RS
9. Honda Integra Type R
10. Nissan Skyline R32/33/34 GT-R

Kengs 10-25-2009 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by iheartintegras (Post 40407642)

i have both issues, excellent read

USDM car mags are utter trash compared to EVO and CAR.

B serious 10-25-2009 09:03 PM

The ITR is a sports car?

PaulMc 10-25-2009 10:23 PM

Yes. The ITR is considered a sports car as well as an exotic.

B serious 10-26-2009 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by -PaulMc- (Post 40422512)
Yes. The ITR is considered a sports car as well as an exotic.

Sweet. So check out my new truck then:

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...06/miata-1.jpg

I only drive it when I'm not driving my station wagon.

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...6/corvette.jpg

I LOVE oranges.

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l...2006/apple.jpg

My fav. fruit ever...well....besides people that don't have a grip on reality. Those are my fav. fruit ever.

Dave_B 10-26-2009 09:45 AM

^^^ What, upset your beloved S2K isn't up there on the list? ^^^

B serious 10-26-2009 11:24 AM

Not really. It's still faster than your ITR.

slofu 10-26-2009 11:25 AM

Honda intended the ITR to be used for motorsports, and many of us use it as intended. Therefore, the ITR is a sportscar.
I also dare say that a race-prepped ITR with the same power/tq output and weight as a race-prepped S2K could beat the S2K around many roadcourses when both cars are driven by experts in the same conditions.

B serious 10-26-2009 11:29 AM

Sure. It's a sports car. The world's first and only 4 seater FWD sports car.

Just like that Miata truck I posted up.

Let's see...other vehicles meant for motorsports that are sports cars:

The Jeep Wrangler is meant to be used for (offroad) motorsports. So I guess that's a sports car.

Performance driving schools sometimes use Accords and TSXes for their driver's programs. Those were supplied by Honda for that purpose...So Accords and TSXes are sports cars now.

ATVs are all sports cars.

Jetskis...Sports cars to the max.

My friend bought a brand new 09 Si sedan with the intention of using it on the track. So that automatically makes 09 Si sedans sports cars.

the Lancer EVO sedan is a sports car.

The Nissan Maxima was marketed as a "four door sports car". So that's OBVIOUSLY a sports car.

Dave_B 10-26-2009 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by B serious (Post 40427525)
Not really. It's still faster than your ITR.

LOL. Sure thing arm chair quater back. :) Do you even know anything of my particular ITR?

So let me guess... the S2K is not a sports car... it's a Cabrio?

I see you didn't add S2K to your "sports car" list? Why is that? Feel yours "truely" is a sports car or something?

Now, if your saying that the ITR is not a "super car" like a Lambo, Ferrari, Koenigsegg and the likes then I'll agree with you, but what defines a "sports car"

B serious 10-26-2009 12:43 PM

lol everyone is so defensive. Dudes...a sports car is a 2 seater RWD car that handles well and lends itself well to motorsports. That's the traditional and accurate classification of sports car. and Yes, the S2000 is a sports car. Along with Miatas, MR2s, Solstices, Skys, Corvettes, etc. etc.

If you guys are such "automotive purists", you should know that. It's not saying that sports cars are better than other cars in every way...it's just a category of car. If you're a car guy, it's important to call it what it is.

For example, how many times have you corrected the rice burglar for saying VTECH or Headers vs. Header.

Also, you can't just classify cars without any real definition.

You can't call a Civic EX coupe a "hatchback". You can't call an Accord wagon a "sedan". You can't call an ITR a sports car....just like you can't call a Miata a truck. It doesn't make sense. The ITR is a sports coupe. Or a coupe.

Again, not saying that sports cars are nessecarily faster than sport coupes or any other type of car. The ITR is faster than some sports cars...the (non Mazda speed) Miata or the MR2 for example. It's just a different type of car.

None of my posts had anything to do with S2000s. You brought it up for some kind of futile dick measuring contest that you're going to lose just like you did the last time.

Dave_B 10-26-2009 12:57 PM

wow, you did your homework this time... however the definition varies and the S2K along with Miata, Solstice and Sky's do NOT quality for "Sports Car" those are actually ROADSTERS due to the lack of a structural top. :) So no, you don't own a sports car, you own a roadster.

While, for S&G's I read up the "dictionary definition" of Sports car, not all of them said 2 seater and NONE that I read said RWD, and I went to a few to gather a colaboration of them. Question however, with your definition of it would you not then qualify the new Murciolago (sp) as a "sports car" due to it's AWD configuration and not being RWD? Since, by your vary definition is what a sports car is?

B serious 10-26-2009 01:02 PM

nope. If it's AWD, it's not a sports car.

If the only qualificiation for sports car is that it seats 2 people, then the S2000 still is a sports car. It doesn't say anything about EXCLUDING cars with an open top. It just says that it must only seat 2 people, according to the definition you looked up.

That definition is kind of bogus, however. The smart car only seats 2 people. So does the Del-Sol. So does the CRX. So do a lot of the other very small cars with 10hp available in many other countries. I think there has to be a drive configuration definition.

Dave_B 10-26-2009 01:08 PM

Oxford dictionary doesn't mention anything about drive configuration nor the amount of seats. So, that just proves THERE IS NOT RIGHT ANSWER, only opinions. :)

To me, my friend you own a roadster.

To you, I don't own a sports car.

To Ken, you can quantify the rate of theft based on 3 year old data.

You like Apples.

I like Strawberries.

I like the look of S2K's, have owned one, but hate driving them.

You own an S2K, think ITR's are inferior and have never driven one on track.

But at the end of the day, it's the internet and it's serious business.

92TypeR 10-26-2009 03:23 PM

Its good to know that the Honda Beat and Honda S2000 are in the same category of "Sports Cars".

Unlike the GT-R, most new Lambo's, the Veyron... They're just coupes.

MiraiZ 10-26-2009 03:47 PM

^I was going to say the same thing. A sports car is not necessarily a two seater RWD. There are plenty of sports cars on the market that are outside of your definition. (ie. Lancer Evo's which were successful track and rally cars for several years, same for STi's) and they were both 4 door AWD sedans....

What about the BMW M3, not a two seater, so by your definition not a sports car? Bugatti Veryon is a AWD, not a sports car? Hmm.. I think you need to question your own definition of what a sports car really is. Just because a car does not fit the same form factor that the S2000 is, doesn't necessarily make it a non-sports car. As a matter of fact there a several groups here who may argue that that the S2000 isn't a sports car, but rather a roadster like the Z3, Z4, and Mazda Eunos Roadster (or Miata in the US).

I seemed to recall seeing a video a while back of some dumbass S2000 owner spouting his mouth of about how FF's could never real race cars, and got totally spanked by Civics and Integra. Just my 2 yen. Think about it....I haven't said a thing...

touchmyHONDA 10-26-2009 04:02 PM

there is alot off testicles flying around here

hooptie157 10-26-2009 04:21 PM

I've owned plenty of sports cars and the ITR was hands down the most focused and fun to drive....

ITR FTW 4 ever!

Scotty2H 10-26-2009 04:53 PM

I learned from this thread that the McLaren F1 is not a sports car. Imagine how embarrasing it must be getting dominated by a 3 seat saloon in an S2K