Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

What Sensors/Ignition Components Need to be Changed for AEM EMS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts
Default What Sensors/Ignition Components Need to be Changed for AEM EMS?

I live in Kansas so the only "standard" premium fuels readily available at pumps are 91 octane. Because of this I'm going to be using an E85 ready fuel system.

However, in my city there's only one station that pumps E85, and I'm not sure about the surrounding area. Because of this, I'd like to be able to have a blended map that can use FlexFuel and auto-adjust timing/fueling based on how much 91 octane/E85 is in the tank.

From what I've read, the S300 is a bit finnicky on this. I intend to daily drive this car so I want the tune to be spot on reliable (even planning on driving all the way out to Evan's in Pennsylvania). (https://honda-tech.com/forums/drag-r...scuss-3204709/)

Anyway, I know the V2 from AEM has pretty solid FlexFuel capabilities, but I've also read that it has issues with the old distributor/wire ignition setup and that coil on plug & engine position module conversions are much better for it, as well as an aftermarket crank trigger as the OEM tends to read unreliably at high RPM on standalone ECU's.

Basically my question is what other sensors/wires/whatever, if anything, need to be upgraded/changed for the AEM EMS? Beyond that I'll just get into contact with my tuner at some point and see what he says about the S300 V3 vs. EMS V2 for my application.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: What Sensors/Ignition Components Need to be Changed for AEM EMS?

Well imo i like Hondata compared to the AEM V2 ems, i just had a bad experience where i had my tuners shop install my Brand new AEM V2 ems aith AEM coil on plug conversion kit and epm setup using rywire harness and the coil burnt out on the dyno and i had to switch to my disrtibutor and wires for the dyno tune, i later sold it and the ems got burnt on the new owner i heard but idk i just like hondata and its allot less than the AEMV2