Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Strange Liquid Dripping from the bottom of my car

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Liquid Dripping from the bottom of my car

So I was driving along.. and of course.. I had the old fashion thermostat problem go bad.. and the thing started to shoot up in temp. So I made to my house as quick as possible... and put water in the radiator.. and changed my thermostat. So I was afraid all that night I might of blew my head gasket.. or something.. I started the car up the next morning, everything was fine. temp is lookin good.. car feels a little strange. I went to pop VTEC to avoid being beaned by a semi running a redlight and it didnt pop where it was supposed to. It instead poped very weakly around 7.1 and then died out around 8.9 then my engine light came on. so I took it home.. shut the car off.. turned it back on and POOF! the engine light was out. I took it up and down the road and VTEC was poping at its normal rate and time.. and felt alot better. I went to bed that night relieved that my car was ok... and I wake up to these about 4 inches in diameter stains of this clear liquid.. " not water" and it feels kinda synthetic. so im going roid rage in my driveway cause my beautiful brand new block is now leaking something on my brand new driveway. I have no idea what it is.. I searched.. found nothing...so my question is... with all the hopefully " helpful" information I just gave you guys.. can you tell me why my VTEC is getting bitchy with me.. and wth kinda liquid that is.. thanks guys!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:28 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Strange Liquid Dripping from the bottom of my car (LsVtecFoti)

Let your car sit on a flat surface for awhile and then check your oil. My first gues would be that you are low on oil thus it not giving you enough oil pressure which would cause your vtec to act weird.

As for the clear liquid, it could be coolant maybe. Again, let your car sit on a flat surface overnight and then pullt the radiator cap off and see if the fluid level is at the top.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll leave the "VTEC popping" thing for someone else to dissect...

Clear liquid, unless it is very clean synthetic motor oil, is most likely brake fluid. It is probably coming from a leaking clutch master or clutch slave. Do you have any trouble shifting gears?

Coolant should be green not clear.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:36 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Strange Liquid Dripping from the bottom of my car (Rainmaker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rainmaker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Coolant should be green not clear.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Distilled water with remeants* of coolant could be clear and slippery. Unlikely, but could happen haha. Good idea about the brake fluid.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pull the CEL code. See the Integra FAQ thread for details.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:50 AM

yeah.. thanks for the input..its not coolant, thats for sure.. i'll have to check the brake fluid.. feels like the master cylander is going bad anyhow? I gotta put the pedal to the floor to get it to stop anyways.. thanks
Old 02-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yep, better take care of that before you can't stop the car. So in case I sounded like a moron in my original post, and in case you were not aware of this, brake fluid is used in both the braking system and the clutch hydraulic system. Might as well check for leaks in both.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Strange Liquid Dripping from the bottom of my car (Rainmaker)

You might want to check if you have a leak in your ac system(ie. lines, compressor) if it isn't the brakes or the clutch hydralic lines. The oil in the ac system is clear and slippery.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Strange Liquid Dripping from the bottom of my car (::MYCORD::)

did u recently change yur oil. do u use a nice full synthetic those can be really clear.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ::MYCORD:: &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You might want to check if you have a leak in your ac system(ie. lines, compressor) if it isn't the brakes or the clutch hydralic lines. The oil in the ac system is clear and slippery.</TD></TR></TABLE>

AC FTL