Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Huge problem...any advice will help

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huge problem...any advice will help

Ok, let me start this off by saying, i am running a B20 Vtec with a B16 head and the check engine light is NOT on , so that eliminates the possibility of sensors. Now, with that said, what happend is i had broken a valve in my head i got it all fixed and reaplaced, but the head back on the car, all hoses and wires are connected put everything else back together and timed the car and while i had the valve cover off i adjusted the valves to the stock B16 valve lash, ever since i have done this my car has run like ragged *** what it dose is when ever i excellarate(not even really getting on it) the car sounds like its blowing a **** ton of extra exhaust like there might be a bad gasket or something, and when i get to about 4.5k the car stops pulling what so ever and the rpms dont even go up after that. i have rechecked all the sensors, and plugs/houses about a billion times, the only other thought i have is, because i have after market cams and valve springs, that the valve lash or even the timing might need to be set different if anyone has any advice please help...

I have tried retiming the car...it made no change at all, i have talked to a few people that say valve lash really has nothing to do with it, and some that said it might have everything to do with it still not sure...im going to try doing a compression test on the car tomarrow to see if the head gasket is blown or not...if anyone has any othe rideas pleas share them with me, thanks
Old 09-19-2004, 01:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When running aftermarket cams, you should always adjust the valve lash to the specs recommended by the cam manufacturer. There is the possibility that you have indeed blown a gasket, or that one cam is off or something.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Hype-R Stalker

Default Re: Huge problem...any advice will help (94_CRVtec)

My car did something like that with the whole only revving to 4k, 4500.
It was the Distributor cap though, filled with a ton of **** inside. I'm guessing it was from the MSD coil-pack.

Won't hurt to check under the cap, it could be simple as that, good luck with it though.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:21 PM

i have tried a few other things, i called the comp cam help line to find out if cam lash should change, it dose not, nor dose timing, i have checked for vacuum leaks, if anyone else has any other advice please let me know
Old 09-20-2004, 03:48 PM

ttt