Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

exhaust shield?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Icon2 exhaust shield?

I've had my Teg for about 5 years and have done a lot of work. In the last few months, while moving 400 miles, it developed a buzz at certain RPMs. I thought maybe it was the shield around the catalytic converter, and I finally was able to get under it. I'm still building my garage, but the cat shield is ok.

There is another shield above the length of the exhaust pipe that's more lengthy. When I tap on it, it really buzzes. It must be the culprit.

I still can't really get my car on jack stands, but pulled it up a ramp enough to at least see under there. Does anybody know how this shield is attached to the body? It's not shown in my service manual. ....or searches here.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: exhaust shield?

If it isnt bolted to the exhaust itself. Then it will be to the chassis. Gotta be bolted to something right?
Old 12-03-2017, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was finally able to get completely under it. The exhaust shield is bolted to the chassis and all looks normal. The shield vibrates a good deal regardless. It's old and thinned out.

I found something much more important to do tho......both axles are leaking oil, so I'll be doing that asap. The car vibrates...or makes a buzzing sound at a full stop just revving the engine, but I'll do the axles as a priority, before driving it anymore. I can drive my Ranger in the meantime.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was finally able to get completely under it. The exhaust shield is bolted to the chassis and all looks normal. The shield vibrates a good deal regardless. It's old and thinned out.

I found something much more important to do tho......both axles are leaking oil, so I'll be doing that asap. The car vibrates...or makes a buzzing sound at a full stop just revving the engine, but I'll do the axles as a priority, before driving it anymore. I can drive my Ranger in the meantime.