Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

B20 Vtec in a DC passing smog???

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: B20 Vtec in a DC passing smog??? (trick_db)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trick_db &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so im guessing you can smog it for us? how much do you guys charge?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bump, need smogging info.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hazw8st)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hazw8st &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But, the best way to pass a vehicle is the LEGAL way, we smog K20, B20 and H22 swaps everyday. We're in 2006 now, no more shortcuts. We actually convert the vehicles to CNG/LPG, certify them with the state as flexfuel/CNG, exempt the smogs indefinitely, then uninstall the CNG/LPG conversion kits.

Forget cutting corners, why pay for a crooked smog every 2 years? if you do it right the first time, you won't have to watch your back or stress out about getting referee tickets, or even worry about any future smogs.....

-Jay Garrett- [b]hazw8st

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Go with Jay, you can't go wrong. This is Kenny, I've sent two of my buddies your way. They should be getting the funds soon.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B20 Vtec in a DC passing smog??? (B20inDCinLBC)

ive seen a ls/vtec pass smog it had serial # on block were restamped looked factor but took a couple hours. it said B18c even with diff serial.....haha!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 09:51 PM

I had a 96 4dr teg with b20vtec pass smog with flying colors and smog tech didn't even notice it was a different motor than the oem gsr that should be in there... iono works for some....
Old 11-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Vo's96Ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vo’s96Ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had a 96 4dr teg with b20vtec pass smog with flying colors and smog tech didn't even notice it was a different motor than the oem gsr that should be in there.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Best bet is to go with an indefinite owner transferable smog exemption...... forget all about tricking and bribing smog techs......
Old 11-28-2006, 02:10 PM

im running without a cat

passed with flying colors thanks to mr $20 bill lol
Old 11-28-2006, 05:53 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hazw8st &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Best bet is to go with an indefinite owner transferable smog exemption...... forget all about tricking and bribing smog techs......</TD></TR></TABLE>

Still don't get it. bump for more info.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rice-aronie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rice-aronie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Go with Jay, you can't go wrong. This is Kenny, I've sent two of my buddies your way. They should be getting the funds soon. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, no problem, just make sure your peeps keep it simple......
Old 11-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what is this Smog thig that you guys R talking about?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Swiftstar)

Jay is the real deal. Bought my car and meet up with jay, two hours later had the registration in my hand. Bump for hazw8st taking all my cars to him.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:52 AM

Default Re: (97Integra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97Integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jay is the real deal. Bought my car and meet up with jay, two hours later had the registration in my hand. Bump for hazw8st taking all my cars to him. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dropped my ride off with hazw8st peeps, he had my car back within 2 hours, smog exempted for life. hazw8st is deployed in Iraq, but his peeps hooked me up in a couple of hours. All I know is that they took me to the BAR state ref and had my car passed at the ref..... best hookup ever!
Old 11-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hbcrazy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97Integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jay is the real deal. Bought my car and meet up with jay, two hours later had the registration in my hand. Bump for hazw8st taking all my cars to him. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hbcrazy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dropped my ride off with hazw8st peeps, he had my car back within 2 hours, smog exempted for life. hazw8st is deployed in Iraq, but his peeps hooked me up in a couple of hours. All I know is that they took me to the BAR state ref and had my car passed at the ref..... best hookup ever!</TD></TR></TABLE>

For those of you that have jdm engine swaps, make sure you make your swaps legal before a cop pops your hood, and it costs you alot of <FONT COLOR="green">$$$$$$$$</FONT>, if you know your swap isn't legal, and it cannot be bar reffed, the least you should do is get rid of the freakin fart cans, the cheap @ss trunk wings, and the tuner stickers. At least make your ride look and sound stock.... this is your ticket to avoiding getting your hood popped.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:05 PM

I have an 01 gsr which is stock at the moment. I plan to do with just minor work (bolt ons, cams, tune, maybe p and p)... since the car is registered, how much would it cost to pass since it would require minimal effort ??
Old 11-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bleezfome)

smog inspector actually told me that it can pass smog.. B20 VTEC only.. not B20 motor because his explanation was if your VTEC car (integra GSR, type R, civic SI) has a blown blcok.. its legal to use a b20 block as replacement
Old 11-30-2006, 02:07 PM

Default Re: B20 Vtec in a DC passing smog??? (trick_db)

glad we dont have smog around here...
Old 11-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hazw8st &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So, you got some time to not even worry about it....

Yes, that usually does help.

But, the best way to pass a vehicle is the LEGAL way, we smog K20, B20 and H22 swaps everyday. We're in 2006 now, no more shortcuts. We actually convert the vehicles to CNG/LPG, certify them with the state as flexfuel/CNG, exempt the smogs indefinitely, then uninstall the CNG/LPG conversion kits.

Forget cutting corners, why pay for a crooked smog every 2 years? if you do it right the first time, you won't have to watch your back or stress out about getting referee tickets, or even worry about any future smogs.....

-Jay Garrett- [b]hazw8st</TD></TR></TABLE>

Here's my question. If the car is registered as a CNG vehicle, aren't you illegal again if you convert it back to gasoline? And if you can do so, I'd appreciate links showing where California law states that this is legal. Assuming it is, I'd even be willing to pay to have my completely legal GSR converted, just to get out of having to deal with the bi-annual smog check.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:58 PM

Default Re: (TunerN00b)

why so quite all of a sudden ?? these are legitiment questions from potential customers ?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bleezfome)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbopolluter &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bump, need smogging info.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rice-aronie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go with Jay, you can't go wrong. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hbcrazy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Still don't get it. bump for more info.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97Integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jay is the real deal. Bought my car and meet up with jay, two hours later had the registration in my hand. Bump for <FONT COLOR="red">hazw8st</FONT> taking all my cars to him. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hbcrazy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dropped my ride off with <FONT COLOR="red">hazw8st</FONT> peeps, he had my car back within <FONT COLOR="red">2</FONT> hours, smog exempted for life...... best hookup ever!</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bleezfome &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why so quite all of a sudden?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Email us......
Old 12-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

subscribed...
Old 12-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Jay's legit. he hooked me up.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rcantu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rcantu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jay's legit. he hooked me up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmmmmm......
Old 12-12-2006, 01:45 PM

Jay is the man, enough said
Old 12-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B20inDCinLBC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any way the b20 vtec can pass smog in a DC? </TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1

http://www.hondamarketplace.co...age=1

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1638141

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1288959

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1803264
Old 12-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B20inDCinLBC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any way the b20 vtec can pass smog in a DC? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, can a b20 pass?
Old 12-28-2006, 01:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B20 Vtec in a DC passing smog??? (turbopolluter)

Originally Posted by hazw8st
Remember that vehicle registration, insurance, referee tickets and citations are all huge money makers. The local municipalities have to bring in alot revenue. That revenue is forcefully taken from the middle and bottom tiers in society that do not consult with attorneys and who have the "pay-up and go" mentality. Police officers do clean up the streets and are a great asset to our society, however, the police and courts have to bring in a steady cash flow , and we all know that criminals don't pay their restitution, so that leaves you and me to dish out some dough.
Originally Posted by built562
I call a huge BS on a <FONT COLOR="red">B20</FONT> being BAR'd here in California because it is an illegal swap

<u><FONT COLOR="red">BUMP THIS POST!</FONT></u>

Try using the <u><FONT COLOR="red">SEARCH</FONT></u> function next time<FONT COLOR="red">!</FONT>

Yes, the <FONT COLOR="red">B20</FONT> is a truck motor, yes, it is an illegal swap. Conventional wisdom would agree with you, however, we use propane gas to pass any engine swap in any car. There are legal ways to smog a <FONT COLOR="red">B20</FONT>. Read on......

Illegal <FONT COLOR="red">B20</FONT> swap + propane gas <FONT COLOR="red">=</FONT> Alternative Fueled Emissions compliant engine swap. Alternative fuel is the key word here, forget the motor swap, with Alternative fuel, it is all about making the swap run clean. Even if the engine swap is a turbo GSR, Standalone with ITB's, once it is run on propane, all the performance mods are now legal because you can argue that the GSR, turbo, Standalone and ITB's are needed to take advantage of propane's 110 octane rating. This is cutting edge here, just because this is a loophole that is not commonly used, doesn't mean that it is BS.

Keep in mind that, once you remove the propane and re-tune your setup to run on 91 octane pump gas, you are no longer <FONT COLOR="red">100%</FONT> legal, but wait, there's more.... here is the good part.... the BAR referee sticker in your engine compartment doesn't specify fuel. So, when Johnny law does pull you over, all they do is scratch their heads and wonder how you BAR ref'd a turbo GSR, Standalone with ITB's....

Besides BAR reffing your engine swap there is another interesting loophole that keeps Johnny Law off your back, it is called smog exemption, this exemption is a one time emissions test on propane that certifies your vehicle as an Alternative fueled vehicle and smog exempts the vehicle <u><FONT COLOR="red">FOREVER</FONT></u>, with smog exemption, you will <u><FONT COLOR="red">NEVER</FONT></u> have to smog your vehicle ever again, even when you sell it. Smog exemption is a legal loophole that smog exempts your vehicle forever, no more fooling around with shady emissions shops.

If you look hard enough, there are legal loopholes for everything. Laws, mandates, regulations and government protocols are written by attorneys with legal loopholes and/ oversights written in, that allow everyday citizens to drive, smog, register and import any vehicle ever made on the face of this planet.

For the record, smog exemption, carb exemption, and BAR reffing are 3 completely different processes, these terms cannot be interchanged. BAR reffing, by far, is the most difficult and useless certification. Smog and Carb exemption are far better than a BAR ref'd swap because a BAR ref'd swap still must undergo strict emissions testing, while the smog/carb exempted vehicle doesn't. Also, Johnny Law can ref ticket a Bar ref'd car, but not a carb exempted car. The simple definition of a carb exempted car is a car that is exempted from all carb emissions mandates. Basically, local law enforcement can pop your hood, but, because the vehicle is both smog/carb exempt, it is therefore emissions compliant regardless of what turbo
<FONT COLOR="red">k20</FONT>, GSR or <FONT COLOR="red">b18</FONT> engine swap you may have, a smog/carb exempted car can legally drive around with a fully built turbo GSR with no emissions controls, and never get a referee ticket.

You gotta pay <FONT COLOR="green">$$$$$$$$</FONT> to play.......

<u><FONT COLOR="red">BUMP THIS POST!</FONT></u>

Quick Reply: B20 Vtec in a DC passing smog???