Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Anyone heard of AEBS Professional Products "Typhoon" “Power+Plus” Intake Manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone heard of AEBS Professional Products "Typhoon" “Power+Plus” Intake Manifold?

Anybody have any expierience with this type of IM? Im interested in it for my B18C because their website claims it makes power 2-8K RPMs. Is it good for turbo apllications? thanks

Modified by HT Chaplin at 12:22 PM 10/18/2005

Modified by HT Chaplin at 12:23 PM 10/18/2005
Old 10-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Anyone heard of AEBS Professional Products "Typhoon" “Power+Plus” Intake Manifold? (HT Chaplin)

I've heard of it but i highly doubt you'll get much more power betweein 2-8k rpm maybe at like mid 4,000 to redline you'll probably feel your vtec kick in harder.... I'll recommend getting yourself a Skunk2 Pro Series IM or a Edelbrock one =P
Old 10-17-2005, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone heard of AEBS Professional Products "Typhoon" “Power+Plus” Intake Manifold? (dvs gsr)

where do you draw your conclusions from?
Old 10-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anyone heard of AEBS Professional Products "Typhoon" “Power+Plus” Intake Manifold? (HT Chaplin)

ttt
Old 10-18-2005, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Anyone heard of AEBS Professional Products "Typhoon" “Power+Plus” Intake Manifold? (vtecmissle)

Probably from the almighty, "you get what you paid for," quote. Most of these after-market IM are just a variation of the type-r IM, sort of.

I bought an AEBS IM because I figured it has to be better than my b16 IM and the fact that it was $130 shipped. I couldn't honestly tell you if there are any gains since I have never gone to a dyno.

The only thing that I've noticed is that it whistles at certain rpm. I have heard this was caused by the uneven honing in between the runners which causes the air to split or something of that nature.

I just pretty much slapped it on there though, the only thing I did was port-matched the intake to IM with my 68mm TB.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:20 AM
kNOwLedGeDA9

Default Re: Anyone heard of AEBS Professional Products "Typhoon" “Power+Plus” Intake Manifold? (ricebucket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ricebucket &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Probably from the almighty, "you get what you paid for," quote. Most of these after-market IM are just a variation of the type-r IM, sort of.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
I have this manifold on my car. I'm happy with it. I saw a tread a long time ago in the ITR forum that had a dyno test on the AEBS manifold vs. an ITR manifold (might have even been ported. try searching for it). The AEBS manifold outperformed the ITR manifold by a couple horsepower, but nothing significant.

The AEBS has a bigger plenum than the ITR and Skunk2 manifolds, but doesnt have as smooth of runners. However, I read that you don't necessarity want smooth runners near the injectors becuase the rough surface of cast metal causes the air/fuel mixture to atomize better, making for better and more even combuston. AEBS knows what they are doing.

As fas as the whistling, my car does it at partial throttle and low RPMs. My best friends stock ITR motor whistles as well with the stock manifold (we both have A'PEXi Power Intakes so the whistling is louder). I don't think the whistling is anyting abnormal.

Overall its a great buy
Old 10-18-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Anyone heard of AEBS Professional Products "Typhoon" “Power+Plus” Intake Manifold? (kNOwLedGeDA9

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kNOwLedGeDA9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
AEBS knows what they are doing.
Overall its a great buy </TD></TR></TABLE>

i like mine, but I haven't done a dyno test of any sort...
Old 10-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone heard of AEBS Professional Products "Typhoon" “Power+Plus” Intake Manifold? (kNOwLedGeDA9

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kNOwLedGeDA9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
AEBS knows what they are doing.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i absolutely agree...

compared to the skunk and blox manifolds, the AEBS is said to actually have the runners match the head (p72 gsr heads)

i seriously cant wait until i install mine next week... you'll see the back to back dyno numbers too
Old 10-18-2005, 03:47 PM

i have an aebs mani. i got about 7-9 whp on the dyno
Old 08-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmsiR20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i seriously cant wait until i install mine next week... you'll see the back to back dyno numbers too </TD></TR></TABLE>

where's yer dynos, i'm searching for them