Honda Motorsports Update for July 2016
Even with what most regard as an inferior machine to the Yamaha’s behind him in the standing, Honda’s Marc Marquez has a sizable lead in the championship after a comfortable victory in Germany. Meanwhile teammate Dani Pedrosa languishes in fourth, behind both Yamaha’s and with just more than half of Marquez’s points haul.
Honda’s struggles in GT500 continue as the highest placed NSX at Sugo came sixth behind a train of Lexus RC-F and a lone GT-R. Unfortunately the demise of the CR-Z means Honda is no longer represented in GT300.
Honda’s aero kit continues to struggle against Chevy’s & it shows in the standings. The bright spot being surprise Indy 500 winner (and former Manor F1 hero) Alex Rossi being the leading Honda driver relegated to 7th place in the championship.
What to Watch For:
- Pirelli World Challenge @ Mid-Ohio – July 29/30
- F1 German Grand Prix – Sunday July 31
- Super GT Fuji 300km – Sunday August 7
- IMSA WeatherTech @ Road America – Sunday August 7
- MotoGP Austria – Sunday August 14