Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Light white smoke from motor- B-series swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light white smoke from motor- B-series swap

I'm trying to find the route of the problem. I have seeing like white smoke from under my hood after the car is fully warmed and have been driving for about 20 minutes constantly. I was told that Its something to do with pressure trying to excape any way it can, so its coming out.

I took the oil cap off while its running and you see it come out of there, I pulled the dipstick out.. then it will release from there, so the thought process makes sense.

Now I was told about some black PVC box and that mine is possibly OPEN or Not Connected correctly... Does this sould like something that would be correct? If so, what do I do to correct this. The car idles fine, not overheating where gauges are fluctuating or anything.. Its just noticable after a while and I want to figure out whats going on!! Any help/ideas/suggestions PLEASE!!
Old 03-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Light white smoke from motor- B-series swap

more info about swap? did u do it, or do u know the person that did? if it was done recently, i would take it back to whoever did it. if they can't find the problem, take it to someone who knows what the parts are called that you are describing. the smoke could even be fluid/grease/dirt burning off your block when it gets hot.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PCV box? if you mean the Valve then it would have to be closed to not properly be venting crank case fumes. but even still should not be having "white smoke" and if it is coming from within the crank case sounds like something is burning off inside of the motor. Need to post more info on engine and any mods done to it. Also try doing a oil change water may have gotten into the oil somehow.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

B16 swap... I didnt do the install, but I do know who did it, everything seems to be running fine otherwise...

The box that i was talking about is said sit at the back of the block somewhere near the oil filter and it should have a hose that connects to the intake manifold... From what my research says..

I would think it could be fluild or grease burning off the block... because I know I did have a hose recently melt a hole... How can I spray in the area where the hose melted withg some type of cleaner solution to see if that could be it though I dont believe that is it, because the smoke comes out the head when you open the oil cap on top the valve cover, and also out the dipstick hole...

Water in the oil? How could that have occured?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JPerkMr954
The box that i was talking about is said sit at the back of the block somewhere near the oil filter and it should have a hose that connects to the intake manifold... From what my research says..

Water in the oil? How could that have occured?
I think the evap vent valve is near the firewall, it would have a hose connecting to the IM. But near the oil filter...idk. Water in the oil could have been from transportation of the engine or just moisture from the atmosphere.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Check your hoses, they're most likely damaged/in the wrong place.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea... I gotta have someone look this thing over... I have no clue what it is...
Old 03-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thoughts that possibly piston rings could be bad? It doesnt seem logical based on my understanding of how things work, but I'm sure you guys knows more then I do...