Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build. - Page 13 - Honda-Tech


Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2017, 10:27 AM   #301
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: OH/OR
Posts: 3,352
Default Re: Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted94gsr View Post
Lookin good
Thanks! Is it worth cutting the bump to expose the rest of the intercooler? Id rather not because I don't really like the look but I'll do anything for a little extra performamce haha.
gutted-dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #302
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
TheShodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: City of Wind, IL, USA
Posts: 20,502
Default Re: Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build.

I'd open it up a bit more.. Doesn't have to be a lot, but I'd open it up a bit more...
TheShodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:13 PM   #303
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: OH/OR
Posts: 3,352
Default Re: Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build.

Dropped the Civic off at English racing on Tuesday. Portland has some pretty intense traffic in the afternoon and it survived that on the way up there which was a good sign haha. They told me Wednesday they would do a pre-dyno inspection on the car before it went on the rollers and this time I'm in no rush to get the car back so I can rest easy and let them take there time with it this time. Myles also mentioned the surfer being a impressive turbo so I'm excited for the results! I'll try and get some videos up when I get it back and hopefully hit the track asap.
gutted-dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:11 PM   #304
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: OH/OR
Posts: 3,352
Default Re: Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build.

So the numbers are 350 to wheels at 14psi on 92oct. Pretty disappointed. They told me they don't like to push cars on pump gas. I told them I was surprised at the numbers because it has a built motor, big intercooler and turbo. So pretty much gonna leave it how it is till I get bored with it or find a deal on a ramhorn or mini ram and.
gutted-dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:56 PM   #305
Honda-Tech Member
 
boosted94gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,398
Default Re: Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted-dx View Post
So the numbers are 350 to wheels at 14psi on 92oct. Pretty disappointed. They told me they don't like to push cars on pump gas. I told them I was surprised at the numbers because it has a built motor, big intercooler and turbo. So pretty much gonna leave it how it is till I get bored with it or find a deal on a ramhorn or mini ram and.
Man they must of been very conservative with your tune. Seems like you should have been able to easily make more power then that on pump gas, but at least it will be nice and safe. 350whp is still a lot of power in a light little civic. Got a pic of the dyno sheet? I don't think you need start upgrading parts yet as you aren't anywhere near the power potential of your current setup. Do you plan on a race gas tune too? Or better yet run e85 or methanol injection.

I still remember getting one of my first setups tuned there, it was a fully built sleeved 84mm gsr with 35r and a mini ram manifold and it only made 360whp lol. They told me the same thing that they don't like to push cars on pump gas. I beat the crap out of that car daily and it ran strong until I sold it. This was almost 10 years ago btw.

I'd say just enjoy the car for now man.
boosted94gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:10 PM   #306
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: OH/OR
Posts: 3,352
Default Re: Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted94gsr View Post
Man they must of been very conservative with your tune. Seems like you should have been able to easily make more power then that on pump gas, but at least it will be nice and safe. 350whp is still a lot of power in a light little civic. Got a pic of the dyno sheet? I don't think you need start upgrading parts yet as you aren't anywhere near the power potential of your current setup. Do you plan on a race gas tune too? Or better yet run e85 or methanol injection.

I still remember getting one of my first setups tuned there, it was a fully built sleeved 84mm gsr with 35r and a mini ram manifold and it only made 360whp lol. They told me the same thing that they don't like to push cars on pump gas. I beat the crap out of that car daily and it ran strong until I sold it. This was almost 10 years ago btw.

I'd say just enjoy the car for now man.

Thanks man it was just a let down. That does make me feel better though. I was gonna do race gas but thought about only making 400 and to me it wasn't worth it. They mentioned not having anything to read knock and that's why they made it conservative.
gutted-dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #307
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
TheShodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: City of Wind, IL, USA
Posts: 20,502
Default Re: Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted-dx View Post
Thanks man it was just a let down. That does make me feel better though. I was gonna do race gas but thought about only making 400 and to me it wasn't worth it. They mentioned not having anything to read knock and that's why they made it conservative.
My tuner hasn't used a knock sensor in years, and I'm at over 530whp on c16 at about 26psi.

If you buy anything, get a good aftermarket knock sensor, some good c16 and go back. You're fine with the exhaust manifold
TheShodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:28 AM   #308
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: OH/OR
Posts: 3,352
Default Re: Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShodan View Post
My tuner hasn't used a knock sensor in years, and I'm at over 530whp on c16 at about 26psi.

If you buy anything, get a good aftermarket knock sensor, some good c16 and go back. You're fine with the exhaust manifold
Whats a good aftermarket knock sensor for s300? I don't wanna do race gas and still be in the 400s.

Car runs pretty good but I definitely see myself getting bored with it haha.
gutted-dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:18 PM   #309
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
TheShodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: City of Wind, IL, USA
Posts: 20,502
Default Re: Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build.

J&S comes to mind when it comes to knock sensors.. It's not ECU or Hardware dependent.

I'm at over 380-400whp on a TR3030R (A GT30R version of what you have) on 93 Octane. But again, my tuner is really good on road-race & rally engines.
TheShodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:33 AM   #310
Honda-Tech Member
 
2kdrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida, usa
Posts: 1,639
Default Re: Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted94gsr View Post
I don't think you need start upgrading parts yet as you aren't anywhere near the power potential of your current setup.
x2 it doesn't need any more parts, what it needs is more boost pressure. My last tune I made 407HP on 92 octane @17psi (similar size turbo and setup) tuner never used a knock sensor just checked plugs and he was more then confident enough to call it completely safe, need to take it back for a retune pretty soon here for some changes I made

like boosted suggested just enjoy it, or if you really want more power sounds like you need to take it somewhere that is willing to tune it at higher boost pressures to reach your goal
2kdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS/FT Moving Thread gutted-dx Northwest (Sales) 105 04-24-2016 08:51 AM
FS: 14" 4x100 rims with tires Sl0wEK Southern California (Sales) 4 02-09-2016 08:55 AM
Chasebays CM1 Harness install in a EG. {Q's} gutted-dx Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) 65 11-30-2015 02:35 PM
FS: Random Integra DC2 parts Lucky 7 For Sale 83 07-07-2015 05:24 AM
DE Cammed k20a2 EK 02K20A2Ep3 Vehicles for sale 11 05-30-2015 08:35 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:47 PM.