Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build. - Page 13 - Honda-Tech

Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:27 AM   #301
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some suggestions for my B16 turbocharged engine build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted94gsr View Post
Lookin good
Thanks! Is it worth cutting the bump to expose the rest of the intercooler? Id rather not because I don't really like the look but I'll do anything for a little extra performamce haha.
gutted-dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #302

I'd open it up a bit more.. Doesn't have to be a lot, but I'd open it up a bit more...
TheShodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:13 PM   #303
Honda-Tech Member

Dropped the Civic off at English racing on Tuesday. Portland has some pretty intense traffic in the afternoon and it survived that on the way up there which was a good sign haha. They told me Wednesday they would do a pre-dyno inspection on the car before it went on the rollers and this time I'm in no rush to get the car back so I can rest easy and let them take there time with it this time. Myles also mentioned the surfer being a impressive turbo so I'm excited for the results! I'll try and get some videos up when I get it back and hopefully hit the track asap.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:11 PM   #304
Honda-Tech Member

So the numbers are 350 to wheels at 14psi on 92oct. Pretty disappointed. They told me they don't like to push cars on pump gas. I told them I was surprised at the numbers because it has a built motor, big intercooler and turbo. So pretty much gonna leave it how it is till I get bored with it or find a deal on a ramhorn or mini ram and.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:56 PM   #305
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted-dx View Post
So the numbers are 350 to wheels at 14psi on 92oct. Pretty disappointed. They told me they don't like to push cars on pump gas. I told them I was surprised at the numbers because it has a built motor, big intercooler and turbo. So pretty much gonna leave it how it is till I get bored with it or find a deal on a ramhorn or mini ram and.
Man they must of been very conservative with your tune. Seems like you should have been able to easily make more power then that on pump gas, but at least it will be nice and safe. 350whp is still a lot of power in a light little civic. Got a pic of the dyno sheet? I don't think you need start upgrading parts yet as you aren't anywhere near the power potential of your current setup. Do you plan on a race gas tune too? Or better yet run e85 or methanol injection.

I still remember getting one of my first setups tuned there, it was a fully built sleeved 84mm gsr with 35r and a mini ram manifold and it only made 360whp lol. They told me the same thing that they don't like to push cars on pump gas. I beat the crap out of that car daily and it ran strong until I sold it. This was almost 10 years ago btw.

I'd say just enjoy the car for now man.
boosted94gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:10 PM   #306
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Man they must of been very conservative with your tune. Seems like you should have been able to easily make more power then that on pump gas, but at least it will be nice and safe. 350whp is still a lot of power in a light little civic. Got a pic of the dyno sheet? I don't think you need start upgrading parts yet as you aren't anywhere near the power potential of your current setup. Do you plan on a race gas tune too? Or better yet run e85 or methanol injection.

I still remember getting one of my first setups tuned there, it was a fully built sleeved 84mm gsr with 35r and a mini ram manifold and it only made 360whp lol. They told me the same thing that they don't like to push cars on pump gas. I beat the crap out of that car daily and it ran strong until I sold it. This was almost 10 years ago btw.

I'd say just enjoy the car for now man.

Thanks man it was just a let down. That does make me feel better though. I was gonna do race gas but thought about only making 400 and to me it wasn't worth it. They mentioned not having anything to read knock and that's why they made it conservative.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutted-dx View Post
Thanks man it was just a let down. That does make me feel better though. I was gonna do race gas but thought about only making 400 and to me it wasn't worth it. They mentioned not having anything to read knock and that's why they made it conservative.
My tuner hasn't used a knock sensor in years, and I'm at over 530whp on c16 at about 26psi.

If you buy anything, get a good aftermarket knock sensor, some good c16 and go back. You're fine with the exhaust manifold
Old 03-25-2017, 10:28 AM   #308
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShodan View Post
My tuner hasn't used a knock sensor in years, and I'm at over 530whp on c16 at about 26psi.

If you buy anything, get a good aftermarket knock sensor, some good c16 and go back. You're fine with the exhaust manifold
Whats a good aftermarket knock sensor for s300? I don't wanna do race gas and still be in the 400s.

Car runs pretty good but I definitely see myself getting bored with it haha.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:18 PM   #309

J&S comes to mind when it comes to knock sensors.. It's not ECU or Hardware dependent.

I'm at over 380-400whp on a TR3030R (A GT30R version of what you have) on 93 Octane. But again, my tuner is really good on road-race & rally engines.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:33 AM   #310
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
I don't think you need start upgrading parts yet as you aren't anywhere near the power potential of your current setup.
x2 it doesn't need any more parts, what it needs is more boost pressure. My last tune I made 407HP on 92 octane @17psi (similar size turbo and setup) tuner never used a knock sensor just checked plugs and he was more then confident enough to call it completely safe, need to take it back for a retune pretty soon here for some changes I made

like boosted suggested just enjoy it, or if you really want more power sounds like you need to take it somewhere that is willing to tune it at higher boost pressures to reach your goal
2kdrift is offline   Reply With Quote