Notices

gutted-dx's Sleeved B16 STC Surfer Engine Build Progress Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: gutted-dx's Sleeved B16 STC Surfer Engine Build Progress Thread.

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Theres a reason golden eagle modifies OEM head gaskets instead of making new ones...
Barrier to entry is probably the biggest one. Both design and manufacture of MLS gaskets is pretty difficult and the tooling is fairly expensive.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So..... next hurdle. Shouldn't a 450 pump almost instantly pressurize the fuel rail? It takes 5 rapid on and offs with the key to get 50psi on the gauge. I checked the output of the relay and its only getting 10 volts but the source voltage is 12. Replaced the relay and I get the same thing. Checked all the grounds and they are all there. Car ran fine before I did the damn head gasket.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gutted-dx
So..... next hurdle. Shouldn't a 450 pump almost instantly pressurize the fuel rail? It takes 5 rapid on and offs with the key to get 50psi on the gauge. I checked the output of the relay and its only getting 10 volts but the source voltage is 12. Replaced the relay and I get the same thing. Checked all the grounds and they are all there. Car ran fine before I did the damn head gasket.
What fpr are you using? Double check your wiring from the battery to the relay and make sure your pump ground is clean (like shiny bright metal clean) and tight.

I couldn’t even run a stock fuel pressure regulator with my walbro 450, as soon as I turned on the fuel pump rail pressure pegged max and fuel sprayed out where the o-ring goes between the fpr & rail and yes it was super tight lol. I have an aem regulator now with the return hole drilled out bigger running 45 base pressure. I will likely upgrade to an aeromotive off rail regulator later on especially if I switch to e85 and want higher base pressure.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by boosted94gsr

What fpr are you using? Double check your wiring from the battery to the relay and make sure your pump ground is clean (like shiny bright metal clean) and tight.

I couldn’t even run a stock fuel pressure regulator with my walbro 450, as soon as I turned on the fuel pump rail pressure pegged max and fuel sprayed out where the o-ring goes between the fpr & rail and yes it was super tight lol. I have an aem regulator now with the return hole drilled out bigger running 45 base pressure. I will likely upgrade to an aeromotive off rail regulator later on especially if I switch to e85 and want higher base pressure.

I would recommend it .
Old 05-31-2018, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by boosted94gsr

Turns out a year old Walbro pump was bad. Car will idle now but only with a vacuum leak. As soon as I try and put the line on the bov the cars bogs and stalls. Tired of this damn thing haha.