-stock internals
-98 Accord LX four cylinder sedan.
-boost low, since I am definately keeping my automatic transmission
-probably going to do 7 psi or so
-Skunk2 mega-power 60mm exhaust. only other mod I will pay for besides kit
easy bolt-on plan

air flow:
2.5 inch downpipe -> thinner STOCK catalytic converter -> 60 MM cat-back

MY PLAN is to let the F-max 2.5 inch downpipe run to my stock catalytic converter. It should bolt right on, but I am guessing the catalytic converter has a diameter which is about a quarter inch smaller or so. And also, I am going to bolt on a Skunk2 60 millimeter catback to the other side of the catalytic converter.

-not paying extra for a different setup with a new catalytic converter when everything already bolts up perfectly

I know this set up may be restrictive compared to others. But, I believe even though there will be some power loss, the power loss should not be too much. I am willing to have power loss and a little restriction, because I like the fact that everything will bolt up perfectly.

The air will flow from a thick downpipe to a slightly thinner catalytic converter back to an ok sized exhaust pipe. I am slightly worried about this. I know there will be some restriction because of this.

-Will it be restrictive to the point of MUCH power loss (if so how much)?
-Will it be just a little restrictive?
-Will it be restrictive to the point that it will be harmful?

Does anyone know if this restriction is dangerous?
(remember that I am boosting low, auto tranny, stock internals)

Feel free to comment, but know that I am pretty much set on this plan and won't change it unless I find out that it might be restrictive to the point of danger or to the point of high power loss.

Old 05-01-2004, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my f23 turbo project (hamsupL0)

It will slow down your spool time and restrict your exhaust a good bit. I would bet a high flow cat or straight pipe would give you at least 10hp more and it would definately have faster spool up. If you are going to bother with the kit I would get a staight pipe, high flow cat, or cutout. It will only harm your power, it wont damage the turbo or your motor assuming your blow off valve and wastegate function properly. Get a tranny cooler if youre going to run boost on an automatic, they arent very expensive and will make it last a lot longer.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my f23 turbo project (xrunner86x)

thanks for the reply, i forgot all about the wastegate and blow off valve being a huge factor in safety