Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Intake Air Temp sensor causing stalling?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intake Air Temp sensor causing stalling?

I have a 2003 Rsx type s. boosted with the greddy kit and tuned on k-pro.

For some reason the car started to act funny and stall after it was warmed up and at a stop. After doing some "diagnostic" test such as, spark plugs, compression, coil packs I found nothing wrong.

Then while doing other stuff I took off my intake and forgot to plug my iat back in. Havent had a problem since doing that. I drove for about a month with it unplugged and never stalled. I ordered a brand new oem Honda iat and as soon as I did that I got the same problem.

What else could be causing the stalling. Sometimes it's when I slow down to a stop, and I've had one dangerous moment where it did it around a corner causing loss in power steering.

What else would cause this? I've had the tune for over a year before it started doing this.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Intake Air Temp sensor causing stalling?

Mine used to have erratic idle and stalling issue.. that would come and go... it ended up being a dirty throttle body... just a thought..
Old 11-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean your IACV. This eliminates a lot of problems with idle, especially when using Kpro.

Where is your IAT installed now? Does the sensor push out of the hole under boost?
Old 11-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Iat is right behind the greddy air filter. Nope, doesn't pop out during boost.

I forgot to mention, I cleaned the iacv and throttle body when the problem first started. My idle isn't very eratic, stays a constant 950. Every now and then it will jump around but only once and go back to 950.

I've adjusted idle and iacv slider in kpro, i even tightened throttle cable. Still the same problem.

Only thing I can think of is the cam sensor, but after blowing $30 on the iat I don't want to just replace parts that are still good. I know the cams stay at 0 with the iat unplugged from what kpro data log shows.

another interesting thing about it is, it really only happens when I drive the car and shut it off to go to a store. Once I do that all hell breaks loose and starts the stalling issue.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump, put some more oil in, it helped but will still stall. Vtec oil switch??? Lol I have no idea
Old 11-13-2011, 10:05 AM
DC5/EP3 MOD :)

IAT won't cause any idle or stalling issues. At least not in my experience and I drove boosted without one many of times (long story)

You can adjust your IACV in kpro. I've needed to do that. You might just need to do the same thing.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Already adjusted it in kpro. Even raised the idle. Quite a few times actually. But that's the thing, it never stalls with it unplugged. But it will with it plugged in. I guess my question really is, what does the iat sensor affect that could be related, like is another sensor affected by what the iat says and thats the sensor that is bad?