Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Integra MAP sensor problem help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra MAP sensor problem help please

i have a gsr with 160k on it. i got a few CEL's the other day. one was for the TPS sensor (throttle position), another for my MAP sensor (manifold absolute pressure), and another one for no 1 cylinder position which upon researching i found that most people said it was for the distributor. car has new spark plugs and new spark wires and distributor cap and rotor that were installed about a month ago due to starting problems. in the past couple weeks my car has been running crappy and got worse. when it warms all the way up the rpms sit at about 1100 and the car sounds louder than normal. i have to really give it gas to get it started or else it sounds like im starting off in 3rd gear or something. I replaced the tps sensor and it didnt help a thing except make it get a slight bit more power at low rpms. I did a seafoam treatment today in my vacuum line and it helped for about 10 minutes. now its even worse, it will do the same thing but barely has any power and will die when i throw it in neutral but will start back up and die again as soon as i start driving and take it out of gear. anyone have any idea whats going on? also i unplugged my map sensor and it still runs like **** but just doesnt die.im going to take my map sensor off tmrw and clean it but i dont think its my distributor. any input is appreciated

thanks
Old 10-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra MAP sensor problem help please

bump
Old 11-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just because you replaced your cap and rotor doesn't mean your dizzy is not at fault. They're other components inside that could be bad. When you replaced the tps sensor is it still throwing the CEL code for it? For your map sensor go buy a new one, a new o-ring as well. If your still throwin the code for the map sensor you more then likely have a manifold leak. Spray carb cleaner around where your manifold meets the head. If your idle goes up that's where your leak is.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Perhaps you've switched connectors between TPS and MAP... double-check the color codes if you have a wiring diagram... On mine (96 GSR) the MAP is Red/Grn (3), Yel/Red (1) and Grn/Wht (2) ... The TPS is Yel/Blu (3), Red/Blk (2), and Grn/Blk (1).

The cyl-1 position sensor is in the dist... you might pull the connector and spray it with electrical contact cleaner (it's quite effective), and replace; just in case its just a poor connection. Look for any wiring issues - have you made any changes to the wiring?

Good luck

Mark