NEW PICTURE OF MY 4g63 CRX

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i heard of the vr4 galants just didnt know they had 4g63's dont know much bout mitubishi....and i get the more powerful engine into a lighter car but thats wat the k24/k20 turbo setup is for!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Turbo K20/24's are 10 times more expensive than a healthy 4g63. no thanks
A healthy $1000 OEM 6bolt will take you into the 11's all day.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I will say this, if I wasn't going to go awd it would be pointless to do the 4g63 swap unless I was limited on funds. I would be running a built K24/K20 set up hurting people from a roll. Since I like dig racing on the street I picked a better platform for getting my power to the ground on the street, any platform can do it at the track.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i try no to striaght line race.....its all about the twisties!
Old 12-08-2008, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by C9A1L1L
Its a Nissan forum.. Probably 2 or 3 fast cars on the entire site..

Tell your friends to learn how to tune/build and they'll be ok.

I sometimes miss my 300zx TT but then again, I'm a glutton for punishment.
My f16 fighter jet will beat your dsm. Wait wait you've probably had one of those too huh c9. Reading through the forum seems like you've had every single thing that anyone has compared to a dsm, so I just figured you've owned a built f16 fighter jet at one point of your majestic career. I really cant wait to see you run those 8 sec passes too with the "7k" you've got in your car. Im sure that Shepard would have loved to have your skills to be able to get his car into the 8's for only 7k.................... Hell I bet with your MAD skills you could have put his car into the 7's for only 7500.... That must have been how he did it.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly,until there are some timeslips, parts reciepts and pics of the car at the track this thread is going nowhere !
Old 12-09-2008, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I will say this,to build a consistantly fast DSM it does take quite a bit of cash and mechanical knowledge.For the average person to put a 1G DSM into the 9's CONSISTANTLY it will cost around $25-$35K. I've been tuning DSM's for over 8 years and have owned more than I can count on both my hands.It cost me roughly $14,000 to go consistant 10.60's in my 93' TSi,$11,000 to go consistant 11.30's.
My 92' has the capability of running into the 8's and I've spent well over $50,000 on the car.However it's a completely streetable,full interior car that can go 10's on street tune and street tires.On the other hand i just sold my 91' TSi.I spent a total of $4,500 on the car including the price of the car itself and went 12.0's.I understand not everyone has access to the spare parts and fabricating tools that I do but in the long run pretty much anyone with a bit of automotive background can accomplish building a sub 13 sec DSM for a hell of alot less than most other imports.Hondas are great track cars as are DSM's.It all depends on how fast you want to go and how much cash you have.When your talking about making a DSM go faster than 10 seconds than your talking about spending some money.I could go on and on but I'll sum it up by saying..........OMG,what was I going to say?
Old 12-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LobeSex
i try no to striaght line race.....its all about the twisties!
To much $$$ in my cars to lose it all in the twisties.... no sir not for me!
Old 12-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Random you mention the heaters, because my honda takes about 10 mins to warm up, but my evo literally takes about 1 mile before the water temp is fully up, 2-3 minutes. Evo's are the quickest car's i've ever been it to warm the coolant.

Originally Posted by i drive a honda
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Coreymdean &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1500 and in the 9's no WAY no WAY. Let me see that parts list..... To each his own i guess, but it seems like a disgrace to honda to put some dsm **** in your car. It looks like the swap was done alright and good luck with it, but i just dont like the idea. The 4g63 is a strong motor but it def has some drawbacks just like anything else does.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there are a few draw backs.

the heater will take longer to wam up in a daily.

the iron block an al head warp differently

i guess the wegiht might be an issue, but for power/weight/price alone for the motor there are reaons why they are claimed the best 4cyl engine pretty much ever. an why mitsubishi use them up to 2 years ago.

really uniformed man, its like saying you love the evo 1-9 then say dsm **** !
Old 12-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LobeSex
like i said b4 not knocking but thats not my idea of bien differnet thats just wrong lol puttin a mitubishi motor in a HONDA! gut out the back of the crx put a nsx motor back there and make it rwd would b diff as far as puttin a mitubishi motor in something to b different put it in thisin an old galant mitubishi powered by a mitubishi....i get the whole idea of doing something to b diff but thats my $0.02

An good NSX motor is like $10 000 wtf are you talking about. A K20 motor is not cheap either. You people with all this cash probaly belong on ferrari-tech or what was the other oner? f16-tech lol.

Who let the douche bags in here? Can we get a gate built or something lol.

Last edited by essex; 12-10-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by essex
An good NSX motor is like $10 000 wtf are you talking about. A K20 motor is not cheap either. You people with all this cash probaly belong on ferrari-tech or what was the other oner? f16-tech lol.

Who let the douche bags in here? Can we get a gate built or something lol.
and it was a joke douche! like a said in my opinion i dont believe in putting mitubishi in a honda thats all i was getting at
Old 12-11-2008, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lot of love in here
Old 12-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cool Build. Ignore the haters. They don't get it. There's a 4G63 sitting in a complete TSI at the junkyard here in town. I thought about buying it to part it out, but dont have the room. It was complete last time I was out there.

I've got props to someone who does something different like this. Howd you go about wiring and the VSS and what not (not sure if the one on the mitsu is mechanical or electronic). I'd be interested in knowing what all it took.

...I can't wait to get my K24 Frank'd EK done.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey,look at all the guys that swap BB Chevy motors into there Fox body Mustangs.Whats the difference.I honestly think it's a pretty cool build.You can make good power/torque and keep it reliable.I mean even 250-260whp in that car should put it in the 12's with the right tires.I would imagine 11's would'nt be terribly hard neither.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ProjectLSVTEG
Cool Build. Ignore the haters. They don't get it. There's a 4G63 sitting in a complete TSI at the junkyard here in town. I thought about buying it to part it out, but dont have the room. It was complete last time I was out there.

I've got props to someone who does something different like this. Howd you go about wiring and the VSS and what not (not sure if the one on the mitsu is mechanical or electronic). I'd be interested in knowing what all it took.

...I can't wait to get my K24 Frank'd EK done.
I don't know if this question is for the OP or I, if it is for me... I had the wiring done by NSRacing wire Guru Neal Sutton. He took both harnesses apart and used schematics from both vehicles to connect the harnesses using connectors. It is 100% proffessional and looks factory like it came that way from the dealer. The VSS is the same like a Honda, even reads the same voltage.

Originally Posted by 1KWHP1G
Hey,look at all the guys that swap BB Chevy motors into there Fox body Mustangs.Whats the difference.I honestly think it's a pretty cool build.You can make good power/torque and keep it reliable.I mean even 250-260whp in that car should put it in the 12's with the right tires.I would imagine 11's would'nt be terribly hard neither.
+1 I'm expecting to hit 10's on pump low boost estimating 450awhp, and low 9's on the secondary fuel system at high boost estimating 7xx awhp on mustang dyno.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Boost LI
I don't know if this question is for the OP or I, if it is for me... I had the wiring done by NSRacing wire Guru Neal Sutton. He took both harnesses apart and used schematics from both vehicles to connect the harnesses using connectors. It is 100% proffessional and looks factory like it came that way from the dealer. The VSS is the same like a Honda, even reads the same voltage.

+1 I'm expecting to hit 10's on pump low boost estimating 450awhp, and low 9's on the secondary fuel system at high boost estimating 7xx awhp on mustang dyno.
Well,I don't know exactly what you have planned for the 700+WHP goal but I know that a 3100lb AWD 1G will go 10.0's with 700 at the wheels on a Dynojet dyno.I'm sure your way lighter than that.I've seen 550whp CRX's go mid 9's at over 145mph.There are ofcoarse drivetrain issues that must be adressed but if you can safely put 700hp down to the ground you'll definately be looking at some 9 sec timeslips.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"Its not a matter of there being more of them or the long blocks being cheaper. I can pick up motors for my Honda for less BUT there are more Honda people out there than DSMers so there isn't as much demand thus it appears there are more of them around.

In general stock for stock the 4g63 will out power every motor Honda has apart from the newer V6s.

But when you take in consideration the motors that are within the power range of a 4g63 are up there in price, and then are expensive to mod (K series.. F series) then the 4G63 becomes a clear winner. It's an iron block built for boost... unless you wanna stay N/A there is no reason not to go 4G63 if you have the means to do so. "

i dont know who said the above but it doesnt look like this guy thought while he was typing. this is easily the dumbest thing i have ever seen and this thread is full of people that know nothing. a GSRvs4G63 is my main argumentm, dont make me bust out h22 numbers. honda built the car that you own, honda builds a motor that makes 100hp per liter n/a and mitsubitchy makes a heavier turbo motor that makes less power, i dont see the point. you can say it was cheap all you want but it probably took you a year and it probably was not as cheap as you are telling everyone. the axles suck and will not hold power, the motor is way to heavy and the gains are non existent, lb. for lb. my stock stroke stock bore gsr will eat your power numbers alive. im at elevation, all i know is we have had tons of 4gs at our shop and none of them compare to any of our hondas. example steve oaks prelude makes around 900hp and scott seevers dsm makes about 800hp, these guys are both friends of mine and steves numbers dog scotts, and scott uses a direct port kit on top of 40lbs. steves car makes all his power on boost and the pressure he is running isnt near scotts. any way you cut it honda made a better motor, if you are a cheap *** maybe the 4g is the way to go but you need to know that it will never be like a honda with a honda motor. lets not get into my k series rant because a 4g cant even hold a candle to an all motor k even at elevation. (known fact)

p.s. take your pics to the dsm forum they might think your a dumb *** too.
and your motor is not straight

Last edited by CO_RaceFab; 12-11-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I will say this,to build a consistantly fast DSM it does take quite a bit of cash and mechanical knowledge.For the average person to put a 1G DSM into the 9's CONSISTANTLY it will cost around $25-$35K. I've been tuning DSM's for over 8 years and have owned more than I can count on both my hands.It cost me roughly $14,000 to go consistant 10.60's in my 93' TSi,$11,000 to go consistant 11.30's.
My 92' has the capability of running into the 8's and I've spent well over $50,000 on the car.However it's a completely streetable,full interior car that can go 10's on street tune and street tires.On the other hand i just sold my 91' TSi.I spent a total of $4,500 on the car including the price of the car itself and went 12.0's.I understand not everyone has access to the spare parts and fabricating tools that I do but in the long run pretty much anyone with a bit of automotive background can accomplish building a sub 13 sec DSM for a hell of alot less than most other imports.Hondas are great track cars as are DSM's.It all depends on how fast you want to go and how much cash you have.When your talking about making a DSM go faster than 10 seconds than your talking about spending some money.I could go on and on but I'll sum it up by saying..........OMG,what was I going to say?

Holy **** someone who actually knows what he is talking about!!! about time!! 2 friends of mine have some fast DSM's... one is a low 9 sec Talon and the other is a low 10 sec talon...the 9 sec talon has a 42R, alum rods, bla bla bla totaly blinged out.. it made low 819whp on like 38lbs....his best time so far has been a 9.3 with a best mph of 158... there is more in the car but he wants it to stay together...tired of changing Transfer cases ... now my roomates is an interesting build...it has been 10.18@139 with a best mph of 142 on an FP3065 Turbo... the oil filter fell off one pass and well the motor went bye bye...haha so new build is in process and they are shooting for high 9's on that turbo...9.7 to be exact... there is already 7k into the motor and trans...so i dont know how someone could spend 7500 on a car and go 8's...not a DSM....
Old 12-11-2008, 06:59 PM

how did the oil filter fall off?!!??? that's gotta be some bad luck man!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:10 PM

bump.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well,I don't know exactly what you have planned for the 700+WHP goal but I know that a 3100lb AWD 1G will go 10.0's with 700 at the wheels on a Dynojet dyno.I'm sure your way lighter than that.I've seen 550whp CRX's go mid 9's at over 145mph.There are ofcoarse drivetrain issues that must be adressed but if you can safely put 700hp down to the ground you'll definately be looking at some 9 sec timeslips.
I have everything planned for the 700awhp goal, that is actually an underestimate as it might make more but I like to be realistic. My drivetrain has all been built and modified to withstand the power. Nothings bullit proof but I will get plenty use out of it before something breaks. My target weight for the car is somewhere around 2600lbs w/o driver, it might be lighter but thats my target.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PFI_NAYR_ONE
"Its not a matter of there being more of them or the long blocks being cheaper. I can pick up motors for my Honda for less BUT there are more Honda people out there than DSMers so there isn't as much demand thus it appears there are more of them around.

In general stock for stock the 4g63 will out power every motor Honda has apart from the newer V6s.

But when you take in consideration the motors that are within the power range of a 4g63 are up there in price, and then are expensive to mod (K series.. F series) then the 4G63 becomes a clear winner. It's an iron block built for boost... unless you wanna stay N/A there is no reason not to go 4G63 if you have the means to do so. "

i dont know who said the above but it doesnt look like this guy thought while he was typing. this is easily the dumbest thing i have ever seen and this thread is full of people that know nothing. a GSRvs4G63 is my main argumentm, dont make me bust out h22 numbers. honda built the car that you own, honda builds a motor that makes 100hp per liter n/a and mitsubitchy makes a heavier turbo motor that makes less power, i dont see the point. you can say it was cheap all you want but it probably took you a year and it probably was not as cheap as you are telling everyone. the axles suck and will not hold power, the motor is way to heavy and the gains are non existent, lb. for lb. my stock stroke stock bore gsr will eat your power numbers alive. im at elevation, all i know is we have had tons of 4gs at our shop and none of them compare to any of our hondas. example steve oaks prelude makes around 900hp and scott seevers dsm makes about 800hp, these guys are both friends of mine and steves numbers dog scotts, and scott uses a direct port kit on top of 40lbs. steves car makes all his power on boost and the pressure he is running isnt near scotts. any way you cut it honda made a better motor, if you are a cheap *** maybe the 4g is the way to go but you need to know that it will never be like a honda with a honda motor. lets not get into my k series rant because a 4g cant even hold a candle to an all motor k even at elevation. (known fact)

p.s. take your pics to the dsm forum they might think your a dumb *** too.
and your motor is not straight

Thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 08:31 PM

hey nice work miquel. I am looking forward to seeing more vids of it....keep me updated. As for my rex it is still sitting I havent had time for it yet. I need a fwd flywheel and overhaul on motor mounts to get her going again.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Time for me to play clean up...

Originally Posted by kdroberts
My f16 fighter jet will beat your dsm. Wait wait you've probably had one of those too huh c9. Reading through the forum seems like you've had every single thing that anyone has compared to a dsm, so I just figured you've owned a built f16 fighter jet at one point of your majestic career. I really cant wait to see you run those 8 sec passes too with the "7k" you've got in your car. Im sure that Shepard would have loved to have your skills to be able to get his car into the 8's for only 7k.................... Hell I bet with your MAD skills you could have put his car into the 7's for only 7500.... That must have been how he did it.
I've gone through a lot of cars bro. My first car just happened to me a White 94 300zx TT. I haven't had everything but I've had enough to have an opinion that holds quite a bit more weight then the majority.

Use your brain. Shep was doing something that really hadn't been done. I can use previous experiences and technology to help me get where he got, and do it faster and cheaper. However if you knew anything about Sheps original build after he pulled it from Buschur, he didn't spend even 7 grand to run those times so your argument is invalid..
Old 12-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Let me break down numbers...

Mind you ALL labor and tuning done by myself.

Car: $3000
3582r S housing setup with Tial WG and O2 housing: $1500
Magnus manifold: $325
SAFC I: $110
Chip: $70
TRE Stage 3 RACE tranny: $2100
1100cc injectors: $220

Ran 10s on pump.. and street tires.

If you wanna add in my suspension setup add in about $1K
my helmet add $100..

Car came with Comp 101200 cams, 720 injectors To4B V trim, 3" Buschur exhaust etc etc.. I sold most of that (minus the exhaust) and paid off a fat chunk of all the other money.

It literally cost around $5K out of my pocket from start to finish to run consistent 10s...

The problem is most of you don't know what the fk you are doing and buy a bunch of BS parts because you rather bench race than do the essentials.

Quick Reply: NEW PICTURE OF MY 4g63 CRX