Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

MB - CAN FS- 99 EK Hatch road race car, ridiculous money parts!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS- 99 EK Hatch road race car, ridiculous money parts!

Hey there Honda tech, just throwing this out there to see if there is any interest in my race car. I must apologize in advance, because even I don’t know everything about it. I bought it from an older gentleman who literally threw a blank check to build this thing. I am going to disclose everything I know, but realistically There is so much done, I will probably be missing things. This is a fully sorted race car with the best parts money could buy. This car is a 99 ek hatch and has a very very impressive build list. I bought the car 2 years ago, ran it for one season, had a transmission re done and then at the end of the season the motor quit on me. I haven’t pulled it apart to this day, but I believe I spun a rod bearing. This car has so much money in it, it’s absolutely crazy to think about. The car was bought on a handshake deal and I can only sell the car with a bill of sale. I would assume it would be no problem to get the car into the states as it’s a race car and not street legal at all. So I’m pretty sure it should be a breeze to bring in, since it won’t be used on the road.

2 Transmissions come with the car.
#1- straight cut gear dog box custom built by houseman auto sports from London, Ontario and was originally 10k canadian. I broke a dog engagement ring in Brainerd Minnesota and had the trans shipped back to houseman auto sports for a full inspection. Jamie notified me that there was a small hairline crack on the first to second shift collar, 2nd gear had some chipping on it and we needed to replace a dog engagement ring on 4th gear. I authorized him to fix it all and it costed about $2,200 to fix it. The gears go through several Cryo treating and heat treating processes to harden the gears. I will say, this transmission is the most amazing thing I have ever experienced in a car and it sounds absolutely amazing. The transmission has not been put back in the car since it was fixed, so you get a brand new dog box with the sale.
Transmission currently in the car is a ITR lsd with a 4.4 final drive.
Lets talk clutches, nothing but the best went in this car. A Tilton twin disc carbon clutch and a Tilton hydraulic release bearing.
Motor is a fully built B18. The bottom end casing is stamped as a c1 (gsr) but fully built. The head is an LS head with crower cams and full valve train is built. I never dyno’d the car but the previous owner told me it made 210whp.
Car also has individual throttle bodies and the car is tuned on a stand alone by a local company here called FJO. There is ducting running from the passengers headlight (which is just a drilled lens cover) and it runs into a La reverie carbon fibre intake which flows to the ITB’s. FJO made it really big in the Supra game in the USA, you may or may not have heard of them. On the exhaust side, it has a header (not sure of the make) and titanium exhaust. The car is very loud.

There are 2 sets of wheels 15x7 and I believe they are Konig superlites. 2 sets of r comps are mounted to them and I would say they both have 50% or greater life left. One set of Nitto NT01’s and one set of Toyo R888’s. They are sized 205/55/15.

This car car is completely gutted and has all Lexan windows including the front. Car weighs 1800 pounds. It Has a full cage and a fire suppression system. The cage will pass any inspections in Canada or the USA. I have had the car to Brainerd Minnesota and the previous owner used to run the car down at Blackhawk farms with the midwestern sports car council. The car also has a fuel cell. We ran VP C110 in this car (as instructed by the previous owner). You could maybe run a pump/race mixture, but I never bothered.

The car is setup on Apexi type N 52mm coilovers and every single bushing on the car has been upgraded. I have no idea as to the rest of the parts in the suspension but I can tell you this.... I have had the car on telemetry at 1.3 and 1.4 g’s many times. Brakes are Integra discs all the way around and we run hawk race pads in the car. There is a brand new Wilwood big brake kit that comes with the car, but the previous owner was happy with the brakes the way they were and so was I. The car also has stainless brake lines.

In the interior there is a collection of all the gauges you could imagine and one of my favourite things in the car is the full carbon steering wheel made by la reverie from the UK. There is 2 race seats in the car in case you are ever allowed a passenger. The drivers belts were bought 2 years ago and I bought FIA approved belts so they should be good for a few more years. Window net was bought two years ago as well.

When I bought the car, there were all kinds of random parts such as wheel studs and a Moroso dry sump system, the wilwood big brake kit and all kinds of other odds and ends, you can have it all with the purchase of the car. (3 large Tupperware bins of parts)

This car doesn’t have a spec of rust on it and was always stored indoors
this car is located in Winnipeg, MB Canada and I am an hour north of the USA border (I’m above North Dakota) if you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.

I am willing to sell the car for $15,000.00 and I will have the engine re done by a local shop here in Winnipeg for the new owner. If you would rather have the motor re done yourself, please make me a fair offer and we can talk. Please keep in mind that the dog box and the Tilton clutch were almost the same price as the asking price.

i don’t know how to input a video but that is a clip to hear what it sounds like and hear what the gear changes are like with the dog box.

You can also also call or text me at 204-218-4277
Old 04-17-2018, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: FS- 99 EK Hatch road race car, ridiculous money parts!

Sorry couldn’t remember all the stats.
B18c1 block with JE high compression pistons and Carillo rods
-B18a head ported and polished with crower cams and titanium retainers
- type r transmission housing with Jamie houseman built dog box and straight cut gears
-Quaife LSD
-Tilton twin disc carbon fibre clutch
-Tilton flywheel assembly and Tilton. Hydraulic release bearing
-Apex'i N1 type pro coilovers
front and rear strut bars and all bushings upgraded.

Hopefully this info helps.

please don’t mind all the dust, car has been sitting in my garage for a year and a half.

Last edited by dnfwm; 04-17-2018 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Added pics
Old 04-17-2018, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Go read the market place rules
Old 04-25-2018, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and cover up your busted *** toes