Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Strange no start symptoms

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 07:31 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange no start symptoms

Hey everyone i have a 93 civic eg hatch. Im having a no start issue i cant wrap my head arround. I will start with a list of mods to the car and continue with my symptoms.

Stock ls vtec
550cc skunk2 injectors
Skunk2 intake manifold with obd 2 throttle body
50mm ebay turbo kit
AEM wideband with terminal datalogging wired.
P03 ecu with a hondata s300 v2 unit.

(CAR HAS BEEN STREET TUNED BY LOCAL HONDA PERFORMANCE SHOP)

Ive been having an issue sence i got the car were i would dump the clutch to do a burnout and the aggressive jolt would give a solid CEL. The only way to get rid of the CEL was to lightly tap the area of the ecu where the center screw goes in. There was no screw in this location, upon replacing, my issue was gone.

The car drove fine for another 2 months. I pulled the motor and replaced the bottom end. Thats it. After install it fired perfect and ran like a champ for a week.

Then one day i tried to leave, and my cel would not go out. Fuel pump primes, but it will crank and crank. I tried to pull a code and got no responce, so im asuming code 0. I replaced the ecu with one my tuner lent me to test with. I got the same results. If i unplug the main relay and plug it back in, the cel goes out and the car will fire but i get no tach. I tired 4 different main relays from running cars, this did not change my symptoms. Could this be a coincidence and im wiggling something else while messing with the main relay?

I have noticed every so often the car will lurch forward (in gear) if i turn the key to the on posistion.

Do these seem like symptoms of a bad ignition switch?

I have NOT performed a continuity test on my main relays, but i have tested 4 different ones that work in a different vehicle

pics upon request
ALL RESPONCES AND SUPPORT IS MUCH APPRECIATED, Thank you!