Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

I've got a suspension/ alignment problem...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've got a suspension/ alignment problem...

Ok, I adjusted the height of my car because some how in the last year or less my suspension heights at each wheel had changed. It was uneven and in someplaces different up to almost an inch!
I then took it to get an allignment and to get a camber kit put on so that I could dial in some negative camber up front for autocross. Now the for some ******* reason the guy only alinged the fronts and not the back. It's a long story but I had enough of that damn place and I left.

Here's the problem: The car pulls to the right pretty bad when the boost builds and I'm accelerating. When I let off the gas I have to counter steer a bit to keep straight. This happend only after I adjusted the height of the car and I was hoping the alignment would fix it.

Here's the possible solutions I've come up with: By adjusting the height of the rear wheels I've changed their toe and when I'm accelerating the weight transfers to the back and it affects the steering. I might be getting a slight passive steering affect.

It could also be my suspension is getting worn out and I need to replace the urethane bushing because the power is pulling the left wheel forward.

Oh, I also noticed that my right wheel is spinning (burning out) much easier now where as it used to pull pretty even.

Sorry for the novel but I'm kinda at a loss as to what I should try first. How could making the car sit even on the ground mess things up so bad? WTF?!!!!

OH! as a reference, I raised the right rear wheel and lowered the left rear wheel quite a bit. I have a hunch that is the problem. What do you guys think?
Old 06-13-2003, 05:16 AM
.RJ

Default Re: I've got a suspension/ alignment problem... (glagola1)

Level ground = set ride height with measuring distance to the jacking points

You'll need another ailgnment after you 'fix' the ride height
Old 06-13-2003, 05:22 AM

Default Re: I've got a suspension/ alignment problem... (glagola1)

I've got the same symptoms as you do but I think mine is the cause of something else. Ever since I cracked my subframe my steering has never been the same and I'm always countersteering.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I've got a suspension/ alignment problem... (Home Skillet)

I plan on getting under my car tonight. Yeah buddy. I sure hope I dont' see anything like that! Zoiks!

I'm going to try adjusting the toe in the rears tonight to see if it makes a difference. If it does then I'll know that that could be the problem.

suspension is such a bitch.