Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

IACV issues...wiring issues...dizzy issues? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IACV issues...wiring issues...dizzy issues? Please help

Alright, long story short I got a 95 cx hatch with a d15b that I could NEVER get to run right. It always broke up at about 4500 and would throw a TDC code even with a new dizzy and ECU.

So I got a integra, pulled the engine and put it in the EG. I didnt want to wire up the 02 sensor, so I had a chip burnt and mailed to me. I put it in my po5 and it wont even prime the fuel pump. I had 2 other chips (turbo b18b, turbo d15) they will both start the car, but of course it runs like ****. With no chip in the car runs, but of course real bad.

So I swapped in a ECU from my girlfriends integra...car ran fine. So I got yet another stock obd1 ls ecu. The car idles fine...most of the time. Now Im getting a code 14, and code 41. I didnt run any of the wires for the o2 yet. The car idles good, but once driving it breaks up all over the place. The CX has no tach so i put in a autometer a while back. The gauge is flickering all over the place anywhere above idle.

So....I swapped in a known good IACV from my last setup and the code is still there. My question is, on the CX harness what colors are the wires for the IACV? I believe they are blue/white, yellow/black. On the LS harness they are blue/black, yellow/black.

If those wires are correct, what the hell is the issue here?