Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

I got a few ?'s if you can help me thanks

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I got a few ?'s if you can help me thanks

first off i got a 93 civic ex 2dr white vtec.. well my steelies/rims whatever you guys call them are kinda rusted and you can see a big portion of them with the hubs on so i was going to paint them black but i need to know if after i sand them should i primer them. and this next question i dont think it will work but i gotta ask...well my exhuast is extremyly rusted and the box thing i guess has a hole in it and the pipe just moves freely and it sounds kinda shitty well would a nissian 200sx stock exhuast work on the civic if no one knows ill try tommorow but i doubt it will work but i got to try cuz i looked at them both and they look close to the same but i dunno so any help will be greatly aprreciated thanks
Old 12-29-2003, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I got a few ?'s if you can help me thanks (hondaracing1)

First off, for your wheels I'd just clean them with some Super Clean or Simple Green and a scouring pad. After they dry, just spray them flat black and put them back on the car. As for the exhaust, I don't think the 200sx one will work, might as well get a cat-back system. Fortunately there are numerous companies that make an exhaust for your application.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:18 PM

Default Re: I got a few ?'s if you can help me thanks (Redline130)

well im only 15 and to young to work around here so i wont be getting a cat back anytime soon but i was just wondering if it would work but it prob wont but it wont mess the car up just being the catalytic converter and the piping cuz the box thing its like not there or it is but it has holes all in it. sorry if i sound like i dont kno **** about cars i do but i just dont exactly know what some of the stuff is called..and for the wheels use flat black not gloss black
Old 12-29-2003, 06:24 PM
EJ1_519

ok, first of all:

the "box" thing is called the Muffler

If your muffler has a hole in it, replace it. Go to a junk yard and get a replacement.

Also, about the rims. Sand them down good, then primer them and then paint them. Make sure you primer them really good to keep the paint on the rims. then put on a few good coats of paint and the rims will look much better.

And I really doubt it that a nissan 200sx muffler will work on a civic
Old 12-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no the exhaust out of a nissan wont fit....dont worry if its rusted, but if it has a hole on it you can get it fixed at a muffler shop.
As far as the steelies, yes sand, clean, primer and paint