Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Help code 4, Crank Angle sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help code 4, Crank Angle sensor

Its not often I need to ask for help but maybe this has happened to someone here. Not my car but my buddys 88rex with a b16a in it.

Alright he was getting code 4. No biggie. It would start but it wouldnt rev high cause one of the sensor being fucked. So I have a extra b16a engine in my closet (haha) So I simply took the distributor off the other engine and switched it over to his engine. Wenbt to start it and it would crank over and over no problem. There is spark at every cylinder but it will not start. It simply cranks over and over. The plugs are all fine as well. We have tried ripping out the guts of one another to make it the same but using the working sensors but still the same thing happens.

So once again it turns over and over with spark but it just wont start. Ive checked all the wiring and from what I see its all good. We have fuel as well so what could it be? Ive been doing stuff like this for awhile now and this has never happened to me b4 at all. I guess if no one has a anwser Ill simply get him to get a new distributor.

He thinks that his ignitoin timing is fucked but while he was trying to start it I even played with the distributor and still nothing just cranking over and over.

ANY IDEAS PLEASE?

thank you.

Kenny and Curt (ower of the 88 rex)