Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Help with BWR catch can

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with BWR catch can

ok I've had two 10AN fittings welded into my valve cover. And I'm seeing how the other side of the catch can runs to where the PCV valve is located. And there are two fittings that they thread on to. Does the BWR kit come with those fittings or just the parts that thread on to them? And do the fittings need to be welded on to the back of the block or do they thread into the block where the PCV valve would go? I've searched for a how-to or pictures and I'm having trouble finding something descriptive. I posted this thread about the BWR catch can in hope that someone would link me to a how-to. Or post pictures. Thanks guys!!
Old 02-16-2017, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help with BWR catch can

bump
Old 03-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 03-07-2017, 02:36 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

You a vacuum source or else it's just going back to the block if you thread it in the back of the block.
Old 03-14-2017, 02:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
You a vacuum source or else it's just going back to the block if you thread it in the back of the block.
there are four fittings in the catch can block. so Its two in the valve cover. the other two have to go to the back of the block in place of the pcv valve I assume?
Old 03-14-2017, 04:32 AM
No Jodas

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The two that go to the back of the block are threaded into these types of adapters/block fittings. They go in place of where a pair of plugs would otherwise be. Notice there are three red items. The bottom larger blockoff/circle to the bottom right of the oil filter is the plug that will go where your old black PCV box used to be. These fittings are made by several companies, BWR being one of them.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ShinsenTuner
The two that go to the back of the block are threaded into these types of adapters/block fittings. They go in place of where a pair of plugs would otherwise be. Notice there are three red items. The bottom larger blockoff/circle to the bottom right of the oil filter is the plug that will go where your old black PCV box used to be. These fittings are made by several companies, BWR being one of them.

great picture!!! Thank you!!! In the BWR kit I bought it came with all of those fittings. But the bottom plug one just had orings like a cam seal. Will that be enough to hold it in place? And is there any order on the 4 fittings to the BWR box? Like valve cover to the top two and the block to the bottom two? Will I be ok running stock all motor with a BWR box? I want to put some miles on my engine (full build) before I boost it.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:45 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Teflon tape
Old 03-16-2017, 08:41 AM
No Jodas

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lolv8s
great picture!!! Thank you!!! In the BWR kit I bought it came with all of those fittings. But the bottom plug one just had orings like a cam seal. Will that be enough to hold it in place? And is there any order on the 4 fittings to the BWR box? Like valve cover to the top two and the block to the bottom two? Will I be ok running stock all motor with a BWR box? I want to put some miles on my engine (full build) before I boost it.
The bottom plug that looks like a cam seal will probably be fine the way it is. If you think about the old unit, it doesn't house any fluids or anything and is held on in a similar fashion. If you're really concerned, you could use Honda Bond as a precautionary measure I suppose. But that's overkill IMO.

I also do not believe there is an order on the BWR box because it is not a "return style" catch can setup. I would just put them where they fit best with routing things through your engine bay. You won't have any negative impact from running the box with an OEM motor at all. Good luck with everything.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
Teflon tape
great idea actually lol
Old 03-17-2017, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The bottom plug that looks like a cam seal will probably be fine the way it is. If you think about the old unit, it doesn't house any fluids or anything and is held on in a similar fashion. If you're really concerned, you could use Honda Bond as a precautionary measure I suppose. But that's overkill IMO.

I also do not believe there is an order on the BWR box because it is not a "return style" catch can setup. I would just put them where they fit best with routing things through your engine bay. You won't have any negative impact from running the box with an OEM motor at all. Good luck with everything.
ok thank you. I'm paranoid it might fall out. Might use just a little Honda Bond. Thank you!!
Old 05-31-2017, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok I wanna ask here and make sure before I waste my time. I have a b18a1 block Im working with. But do I need to unscrew the green plug or the black two prong plug on the left? The two plugs are next to each other on the left.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I also question what do I do with the plug that the top of the PVC valve plugs into? (Circled in red)
Old 05-31-2017, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought 2 ports from Honda oem that replace the black box thing for running a catch can on my b20vtec. VC is ported and back of the block is ported..just so a search the part number should pull right up.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ontariorider
I bought 2 ports from Honda oem that replace the black box thing for running a catch can on my b20vtec. VC is ported and back of the block is ported..just so a search the part number should pull right up.
yes but where exactly is it ported? Can you post a pic?
Old 06-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes but where exactly is it ported? Can you post a pic?
is one of the ports on the back of the block the vacuum source?
Old 06-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is one of the ports on the back of the block the vacuum source?
anyone?