Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Assistance needed: 95 Integra Cranking, but No Start after all checks & ECU changeout

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2019, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assistance needed: 95 Integra Cranking, but No Start after all checks & ECU changeout

Cranking no start issue with my '95 DC2 Integra. Drove back and forth to work no problem, went to start the car a week later and it wouldn't turn over. Found out a capacitor had blown the **** off of the ECU. Bought a brand new Hondata S300V3 P28 package and uploaded my tune. Still no luck. ECU doesn't want to power up on its own. When supplied with 12v, nothing happens. No spark, no fuel pressure. I bypassed the main relay thinking that was it, but can only get fuel pressure. I'm getting fuel injector pulse when bypassing, but no actual spark. Confirmed there is power to the dizzy.

Here's a list of things I've tried
-Check all fuses, with extra attention towards fuse 31, 24, and 18 I believe
-Replaced main relay w/ 2 brand new different units and tested current one to confirm its working (swapped into a civic and it started up)
-Checked all grounds - Main relay ground, thermostat housing ground for ecu, engine and trans ground
-unplugged anti-theft Viper alarm

I'm thinking that whatever caused the capacitor to blow may have caused more damage and shorted a wire or something. I'm getting power and ground to the main relay through the trigger wires but its not making its way through, and even when I bypass that and get power through to the other side, it still won't start. Has anyone experienced something like this or know what is connected in this circuit that could have also been damaged/shorted?? Desperate for suggestions, help please!!!!

Name:  4MgnIuZ.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  1.15 MB

Name:  5LIrwcb.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  958.5 KB

Name:  zFoxwXa.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  151.7 KB
Old 05-08-2019, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Default re: Assistance needed: 95 Integra Cranking, but No Start after all checks & ECU changout

You've checked power to the distributor but have you checked spark at the plug yet? the coil and ICM/ignitor inside the distributor are common fail points for sudden no-start.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Assistance needed: 95 Integra Cranking, but No Start after all checks & ECU chang

Originally Posted by hondamark35
You've checked power to the distributor but have you checked spark at the plug yet? the coil and ICM/ignitor inside the distributor are common fail points for sudden no-start.
No spark at the plug. This is actually my second time giving a go at figuring this out, I've started from scratch to assure I haven't missed anything. If I remember correctly, last time we check every component on the distributor and it was all fine, but I'll make a point to check that again this weekend, thanks!
Old 05-18-2019, 06:41 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Assistance needed: 95 Integra Cranking, but No Start after all checks & ECU chang

Paging @Pepe14 help a brotha out

coils to trigger the relay are working. Battery power supplied to relay is good, batt power is not making its way to the output of the relay