Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

91 integra b16a starting problems

Old 07-29-2004, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 integra b16a starting problems

recently my old distributor bearing went bad so i purchase an aftermarket one from canada. however, the teeth on the new one is smaller than the original. i accidently put the wrong side of teeth into the camshaft and try to crank it. it didn't start so i pull the distributor back off and realize that it was in the wrong fitting. i twist the teeth 180 degree around and put it back in correctly, however, this time car still wouldn't start but there is a bit of back fire. i check the fuel and it was fine. i also send the distributor back to the manufacture and they told me it was fine as well. i check the all the connection and seems to be in place. can anyone help me and give me some suggestion? my car was running fine before the old distributor went bad. did i mess up the engine by putting the distributor teeth on the wrong side to the camshaft? the cam is still turning went i crank. could it also be the timing as well? could the bad bearing from the old distributor mess up the internals? HELP ME!!!!! i'm receiving my new distributor back from the manufacture tomorrow and i want to know what to do before intalling it again.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 91 integra b16a starting problems (lu2hot)

It must be the ignition timing that is wrong, since it backfired. Make sure it is the correct timing and correct distributer and it should work fine. If the teeth on the ones taken out are not bad.