Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Tein Flex Z for EG2/DC2

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 02:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tein Flex Z for EG2/DC2

Hi!

I recently read on TEIN's website that their Street Flex is being replaced with Flex A and Flex Z. Due to the new manufacturing processes and structure they apply this should come cheaper than the Street Flex which is out of stock now anyways...

However, as of now, it's not available for EGs (nor for many other Honda models) which is suprising to me and I would like to know if anyone here has some insider info whether it will be offered in the future. It's a pretty big forum after all, maybe even the biggest Honda forum on the internet.
DC2 would also work, I would just replace the rear LCA from Fork to Bush type.

And no, I don't want the Koni/GC setup. I want fully threaded coilovers. I want to be able to separately change ride height (without changing shock travel) and preload.
Plus the reviews from other car forums are extremely satisfactory.

EDIT: Tein support got back to me and confirmed it will come in 2016 but no exact date yet. if anyone wondering.

Last edited by Matyikaaa90; 11-04-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Tein Flex Z for EG2/DC2

So the street flex is being replaced by the flex A? The flex Z is a non-rebuildable, steel top hat'd (more economical) version of the street flex.

For street use, these will work better than Koni/GC. And the price on the tein street stuff seems to be great for everything you get. I've been happy with their new lineup that I've tried out.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B serious
So the street flex is being replaced by the flex A? The flex Z is a non-rebuildable, steel top hat'd (more economical) version of the street flex.

For street use, these will work better than Koni/GC. And the price on the tein street stuff seems to be great for everything you get. I've been happy with their new lineup that I've tried out.
I feel like you answered your question there. Yes, Flex Z is a non rebuildable version of the Street Flex. This is what I'll be aiming for when it hits the market for EGs. Flex A is rebuildable and features hydraulic bump stoppers on the shocks. Flex A starting price is the same as Street Flex at 128,000 japanese yen (w/o tax), however, Flex Z starts at 80,000 yen. That's a huge difference. I'm not sure if it's worth to spend more than 50% extra on top of the base price of the Z for rebuildabilty (is this even a word? :D) and the new bump stop technology.

May I ask what you are you using now or have experience with?
Old 11-07-2015, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Matyikaaa90
I feel like you answered your question there. Yes, Flex Z is a non rebuildable version of the Street Flex. This is what I'll be aiming for when it hits the market for EGs. Flex A is rebuildable and features hydraulic bump stoppers on the shocks. Flex A starting price is the same as Street Flex at 128,000 japanese yen (w/o tax), however, Flex Z starts at 80,000 yen. That's a huge difference. I'm not sure if it's worth to spend more than 50% extra on top of the base price of the Z for rebuildabilty (is this even a word? :D) and the new bump stop technology.

May I ask what you are you using now or have experience with?

My TSX daily driver has Tein Street Advance...which I believe they are also phasing out for some cars? They're changing their lineup so effing fast. I am very happy with the street advance after around 40k miles of street use in the Chicago burbs. I've been to NYC with the car also. It has shrugged off potholes that I thought were going to transport me to another dimension. And they have a european damping feel to them. Even after the saltiest winters....they still look brand new. I do wash the car often in winter, and I did clear coat the bodies for additional protection. But still....they look just about brand new.

I have also installed street basis on my friend's EP3, and Street Advance on another friend's TL-SH AWD. Yet another friend has Street Flex on his K swapped 99 EX (I recommended them for his use).

I have other cars that I have installed suspensions on as well...ranging from KW V3 to Koni/GC (there are no stock suspension cars here). And comparitively, I think Tein's street lineup is very good.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B serious
My TSX daily driver has Tein Street Advance...which I believe they are also phasing out for some cars? They're changing their lineup so effing fast. I am very happy with the street advance after around 40k miles of street use in the Chicago burbs. I've been to NYC with the car also. It has shrugged off potholes that I thought were going to transport me to another dimension. And they have a european damping feel to them. Even after the saltiest winters....they still look brand new. I do wash the car often in winter, and I did clear coat the bodies for additional protection. But still....they look just about brand new.

I have also installed street basis on my friend's EP3, and Street Advance on another friend's TL-SH AWD. Yet another friend has Street Flex on his K swapped 99 EX (I recommended them for his use).

I have other cars that I have installed suspensions on as well...ranging from KW V3 to Koni/GC (there are no stock suspension cars here). And comparitively, I think Tein's street lineup is very good.
Thanks for your answer. It looks like I have done my research well and this will be a good choice.
I always believed Tein would be a good choice, even though, all I could read on this forum was "only Koni/GC others are bad/overpriced".
I'm just glad there are other websites with more open minded people I have a couple friends who do use Teins and they are also just as pleased with their suspensions' performance as you are. I just can' wait for them to be released for my car and the good weather to come in March
Old 11-23-2015, 11:09 AM

Yep, as long as you buy Teins for the right purpose, you'll be glad you did. Their lineup is so huge, that they have something for virtually everyone, which is nice.

I'm not sure where people got their "Tein sucks" information from.