Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Skunk 2 Sleeve Overs

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skunk 2 Sleeve Overs

I am a college student and trying to mod my civic while in school, I picked up some skunk 2 sleeve overs for a price I couldnt pass up. The ride isnt the greatset in the world. Was wondering what shocks people are using with these.
I have read that if I go with Koni yellows that I have to purchase a stopper or something of the sort to be able to run the yellows. Any help would be great I am in college so funds are limited
Thanks in advanced
Old 11-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Skunk 2 Sleeve Overs

Illumnia's or Koni Sports.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you plan to run Koni's than you will need the adapter.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:11 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Save your money for books.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by STOCK_SOHC_DX
If you plan to run Koni's than you will need the adapter.
I seen that, is that the only shock that I would need the adapter for? Would you recommened the koni yellows?

I already have my money for books and I have some money saved up to continue to build my daily..
Old 11-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much is your drop? If it's alot then get rid of the skunk2's. I ran them with Koni Yellows at stiffest level and the ride was still bouncy as hell. I raised my car up to a decent drop and they felt pretty smooth(still a bit too soft for my liking). Personally I would never go with them again or recommend them to anyone. To me custom rated Ground Controls are the only way to go when going for springs and sleeves.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:31 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
Save your money for books.
This, very much.

I too am in college, a senior, graduating this summer. I know exactly how you feel about buying expensive car parts.

Trust me when I tell you that it is worth it to be patient and buy quality parts. It took me 3 years of saving in my first years of college to finally do my car the way I wanted to.

I personally enjoy saving for months and months and buying big upgrades all at once. I opted to buy Volks, Yokohama S. Drives, Recaros, 22mm Rear swaybar, progress CS-II coilovers, Function7 brace and a front 22mm swaybar all at the same time.

It was the most fun I'd ever had modifying my car having all of that stuff at once and really transforming my car over a couple of days. It's a lot more fun that doing it piecemeal.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by OrangeTeggy
I seen that, is that the only shock that I would need the adapter for? Would you recommened the koni yellows?

I already have my money for books and I have some money saved up to continue to build my daily..
Looks like it, I'm not sure if they made an adapter for Bilstein. As for the yellows, yes big time. Those shocks really work well with alot of springs and those rates matched up perfect in my EK.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Libertariat
This, very much.

I too am in college, a senior, graduating this summer. I know exactly how you feel about buying expensive car parts.

Trust me when I tell you that it is worth it to be patient and buy quality parts. It took me 3 years of saving in my first years of college to finally do my car the way I wanted to.

I personally enjoy saving for months and months and buying big upgrades all at once. I opted to buy Volks, Yokohama S. Drives, Recaros, 22mm Rear swaybar, progress CS-II coilovers, Function7 brace and a front 22mm swaybar all at the same time.

It was the most fun I'd ever had modifying my car having all of that stuff at once and really transforming my car over a couple of days. It's a lot more fun that doing it piecemeal.
I am so jealous of the way you decided to mod your car and the timing.

I hate myself everyday for having a shitty intake and side markers BEFORE I even purchased my Civic.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Libertariat
This, very much.

Completely understandable that is what I did with my integra , saved up and poured it all into my car once I had everything saved up.. I just got the sleeve overs for a good deal and didnt wanna pass it up n gonna save for shocks. I may just save up and buy f&f and sell the skunk 2s.. Thanks for the help guys
Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by OrangeTeggy
Completely understandable that is what I did with my integra , saved up and poured it all into my car once I had everything saved up.. I just got the sleeve overs for a good deal and didnt wanna pass it up n gonna save for shocks. I may just save up and buy f&f and sell the skunk 2s.. Thanks for the help guys
Don't go with F&F, do more research before you waste your $$
Old 08-12-2012, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm in the same situation, koni yellows with skunk2 sleeves. Do I buy the adapter from koni or skunk2? If anyone has a link handy I would appreciate it.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It used to be on the skunk2 website, why don't you look for it?
Old 08-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The skunk2 part# for the Koni adapters is 517-99-0690. Im not sure if they are on skunk2's website though. You may have to call them.