Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

eibach pro-system-plus vs Eibach pro-street-S(+eibach sway bar kit F/R)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eibach pro-system-plus vs Eibach pro-street-S(+eibach sway bar kit F/R)

Like the title says...."Eibach pro-system-plus vs Eibach pro-street-S(+eibach sway bar kit F/R)"

I'm really in a delima right now which to choose for my 99 civic coupe EX. I was quoted some great prices and was debating on which would be probably more prone to be better for track and street use(daily driver). I was kind of leaning towards the Pro-street-S kit with sway bars included; and I was also thinking of purchasing the Ground control upper mount later on. But what I have read from the past posts(searched) and people seemed to dislike the Pro-street-S Coilovers because the spring rates are too low(soft), and there wasn't too much info/background on this topic. So basically I'm in a pickle needing an opinion between the two products. I've heard it'll probably be the same issue with the Pro-system-plus being too soft also. I'm currently running 5zigen R-rated springs, Tokico Illumina 5way adj, Progress rear sway bar(22mm); it's about time to swap them out with the bushings(thinking of getting Energy suspension kit). Please give me some insight or experience on these two products if you know anything about them. Thank you.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eibach pro-system-plus vs Eibach pro-street-S(+eibach sway bar kit F/R) (JunY)

bump
Old 11-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eibach pro-system-plus vs Eibach pro-street-S(+eibach sway bar kit F/R) (JunY)

bump
Old 11-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Future Texas Boy

Pro Street

My car did fine on the track/streets with our rates.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eibach pro-system-plus vs Eibach pro-street-S(+eibach sway bar kit F/R) (vtecvoodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pro Street

My car did fine on the track/streets with our rates.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What's your opinion on the combo with the anti-Roll bars(F/R) installed with the Pro-street-S? Give me some 'Good and bad' story's about them....
Old 11-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Future Texas Boy

I run our front bar with a 22mm rear bar. Our rear bar is a little on the small side.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: eibach pro-system-plus vs Eibach pro-street-S(+eibach sway bar kit F/R) (vtecvoodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I run our front bar with a 22mm rear bar. Our rear bar is a little on the small side.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Alright, thanks for the input. Few more question....

Is there any downsides in using Pro-street-S or the sway bars? (I'll probably just use the front and the sell the rear one; I have a 22mm in the rear already). If there is....any recommendation? Like swapping out the rear LCA or etc..... I know it's highly recommended to use the ground control upper mounts, or whatever that's recessed, to give it more "leg room" for the shocks to do it's work.

What would be the ideal Camber rate if you were to want to hit the 1g marker?(I know it's not realistic for street use, just need an input)
Old 11-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Future Texas Boy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JunY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What would be the ideal Camber rate if you were to want to hit the 1g marker?(I know it's not realistic for street use, just need an input) </TD></TR></TABLE>

Too many variables.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wait....does the coilover come with upper mounts?
Old 12-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone know?