Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Blox Lca

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Blox Lca

Blox go to **** driving your car slow on the street. Seriously at the bottom for the worst. Skunk 2 last a little bit longer on the road, a couple laps at a track and they crumble apart and give you a DNF. Function 7 is really leading the way by so much in the LCA market. Sure they are a lot of bling, and you save some weight but not much. The biggest reason to change is the bushings and mounting for sway bars.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys....i have a set of blox lcas on my EG6...got them used for real cheap...currently the bushings are still good...but i do wanna get them replaced...or be prepared to get them replaced when needed..the arms are paired with Tein Type Flex for EKs...

info ive gotten so far...

- bushings diameter is same as stock arms..
- trimming required....

are the diameter of the blox and stock lcas the same??

after reading a few threads in this forum, its been said that energy suspension bushings will fit but require trimming...question is, how and what exactly needs to be trimmed? anyone got any pictorial guides?

also, will fitting hardrace bushings be the same as the ES i.e. trimming required? its easier for me to get hardrace here than ES as ES doesnt have any official distro in malaysia as far as i know while my friend is actually a hardrace dealer.

gotta admit... the silver ones do look sick with the ASR silve subframe brace heheheh
Old 12-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mADmAN-86
info ive gotten so far...

- bushings diameter is same as stock arms..
- trimming required....

are the diameter of the blox and stock lcas the same??
No. Call Blox.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-54/bolt-problem-while-replacing-rta-bushing-help-2877521/

after reading a few threads in this forum, its been said that energy suspension bushings will fit but require trimming...question is, how and what exactly needs to be trimmed? anyone got any pictorial guides?
No guides but if you can't figure it out when lining up then maybe you shouldn't attempt it. Also, if you've been reading you'll know that Energy aren't much, if at all, better.

also, will fitting hardrace bushings be the same as the ES i.e. trimming required? its easier for me to get hardrace here than ES as ES doesnt have any official distro in malaysia as far as i know while my friend is actually a hardrace dealer.
If you can't fit a stock bushing in, you can't fit a stock sized Hardrace replacement. It's as simple as that.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

regarding hardrace...i know they wont fit as is... my question is i assume they would need trimming just like the ES? is my assumption correct?
Old 12-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

regarding hardrace...i know they wont fit as is... my question is i assume they would need trimming just like the ES? is my assumption correct?
Yes.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hhmmm....if the diameter aint the same... wonder if its possible (or even safe) to send the arms to an engineering shop and have them "rebore" the bushing holes to make it the same size as stock... then at least i could easily find replacement bushings...
Old 12-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Master Detailer

It isn't worth it.
Why not just get quality parts to start with?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well... like i said... i got them dirt-almost free-cheap..more like a package deal (along with the TEINs and the ARB) when i bought the car. and this was BEFORE i found out about the bushings...

since u say "quality"....Function7 doesnt have a presence in Malaysia :D in fact i dont think anyone in the country owns it.....even Blox is super rare...as i cant find any local sites that sells them...and dont know anyone that uses Blox LCA..

common LCAs here are skunk2 (which only came in here like a few years ago) and hardrace...and im a lil worried to get skunk2 LCAs as skunk2 has alot of their products being faked....so yeah... wanna stick to what i have for now. oh yeah...there are also quite a number of unbranded LCAs around...

i know it may not be worth it... but is the "reboring" thing even possible.. and more importantly...is it safe?
Old 12-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Master Detailer

well... like i said... i got them dirt-almost free-cheap..more like a package deal (along with the TEINs and the ARB) when i bought the car. and this was BEFORE i found out about the bushings...

since u say "quality"....Function7 doesnt have a presence in Malaysia :D in fact i dont think anyone in the country owns it.....even Blox is super rare...as i cant find any local sites that sells them...and dont know anyone that uses Blox LCA..

common LCAs here are skunk2 (which only came in here like a few years ago) and hardrace...and im a lil worried to get skunk2 LCAs as skunk2 has alot of their products being faked....so yeah... wanna stick to what i have for now. oh yeah...there are also quite a number of unbranded LCAs around...

i know it may not be worth it... but is the "reboring" thing even possible.. and more importantly...is it safe?

Then why not stick with the OEM arms you already have?

What I really dont understand is, why the hell you would knowing put cheap sub par parts in your car? Great deal or not.
You are putting very poor quality parts in your car, which came from honda with something 10x times better.
Not to be a *******, but you are throwing your money away screwing with those peices of ****.

Now back to the topic at hand, Im sure you could bore it out, is it safe? I would not like to be the person who finds out. Im sure we're talking about a very small difference here(mm's) but still.
It is going to be a a lot of time/money/effort to have shity parts.

Again, sorry if I sounded like a *******

Saidly for you, it will likely be very expensive for you to have quality parts, but everything in life cost money. I wish I could buy every nice part I see, but I cant. I must save up, like many people. I always get the parts I want, it just takes time.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 98civdx
Then why not stick with the OEM arms you already have?

What I really dont understand is, why the hell you would knowing put cheap sub par parts in your car? Great deal or not.
You are putting very poor quality parts in your car, which came from honda with something 10x times better.
Not to be a *******, but you are throwing your money away screwing with those peices of ****.

Now back to the topic at hand, Im sure you could bore it out, is it safe? I would not like to be the person who finds out. Im sure we're talking about a very small difference here(mm's) but still.
It is going to be a a lot of time/money/effort to have shity parts.

Again, sorry if I sounded like a *******

Saidly for you, it will likely be very expensive for you to have quality parts, but everything in life cost money. I wish I could buy every nice part I see, but I cant. I must save up, like many people. I always get the parts I want, it just takes time.

first let me make it clear that im a n00b.. my last honda was an EF9 and that was like 8-9 years ago... and even then there werent much stuffs to play with here...and back then information was still pretty hard to come by coz of the "secretive" culture of the honda guys here (at the time)...ive only had this EG less than a week....so yeah..still in the learning curve :D

anyway...if i found out about the LCAs beforehand i prolly would have stuck with stock arms and change the bushings...but i only found out after... and the entire package was installed in the car even before i got it coz the price was so good for the package...it was practically buy Tein Flex, free LCA and ARB.... so its a lil too late now...ex-owner forgot to give me the stock arms (i asked for them after i found out)....now waiting for the ex-owner to make a trip up here (hes in another state) and bring the arms along which should be soon. once i get them ill prolly get some work done.

currently thinking of taking them out once i get the stock arms and selling off the blox (while the bushings are still good)....and once money is in... order F7s... or easier still...get hardrace arms... at least they have replacement bushings (which is VERY easily accesible to me) for their arms.

n by the way... my Teins are meant for the EK... can they be used with stock LCAs?
Old 12-29-2010, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes.
No.

The reason you can trim Energy Suspension is there is no casing. It's all urethane. Hardrace are OE replacement bushings so they have a metal case. You can't trim the metal case.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just drill out the control arm to fit whatever bushing, any machine shop should be more than capable of doing the work to fit any bushing in the arms
Old 12-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Master Detailer

Yes, you can use the 96-00 style coilovers on eg's, but you will need to trim the bushing on the LCA.
The forks on 92-95 are a tad but wider.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SPOOLINmatt
just drill out the control arm to fit whatever bushing, any machine shop should be more than capable of doing the work to fit any bushing in the arms
That's a dangerous proposition. I wouldn't trust altering the structural integrity of a control arm to fit a bushing. If it has to go that far, buy a better arm.

OP - if you have access to Hardrace arms then buy those. Stop ****ing around with Blox.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just spoke to a friend who could do custom hard rubber bushings for the blox... cost is enough for me to get F7s...damn.

think i agree with the Hardrace arms...will prolly jump to that...or order F7s if i have enough moolah...

out of curiousity... opinions on Skunk2 arms pls?
Old 12-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Master Detailer

What are the hardrace arms going to run you?

Skunk2 has had bushing issues in the past, however they have release new bushings. I have yet to hear anything wrong with the new bushingings.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by phunhaus
No. Call Blox.

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2877521

No guides but if you can't figure it out when lining up then maybe you shouldn't attempt it. Also, if you've been reading you'll know that Energy aren't much, if at all, better.

If you can't fit a stock bushing in, you can't fit a stock sized Hardrace replacement. It's as simple as that.
Jaja thats my thread up there and yep, the models I put there are only for EK blox LCA's, thats what the BLOX representative said and thats that.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the hardrace will prolly cost me about USD180...forgot to ask if that includes installation...

skunk2...i have 2 friends on DC5s running them....theyre saying good things... but they havent been running them that long (less than 2 months) and that high a mileage to actually start having issues (if any) hence i wanna ask more opinions here...
Old 12-30-2010, 06:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Skunk2 has had bushing issues in the past, however they have release new bushings. I have yet to hear anything wrong with the new bushingings.
I have.

I stand by my advice to go with Hardrace if you have access. They're upgraded hard rubber bushings in a factory arm. Nothing fancy, just pure function.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Master Detailer

I have.

I stand by my advice to go with Hardrace if you have access. They're upgraded hard rubber bushings in a factory arm. Nothing fancy, just pure function.
With the new skunk2 bushings? Im not talking about the old ones that fell apart.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, the new 7 "hole" ones as opposed to the old five "hole" ones.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Master Detailer

Yes, the new 7 "hole" ones as opposed to the old five "hole" ones.
Did you hear something bad? Good? Or do you have personal experince with them?
Old 01-03-2011, 01:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah....would really love to hear some positive or negative feedback about the skunk2 arms

n happy new year!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Negative so far but that was only 1 person. I don't think there are enough long-term users for positive feedback. It's unnerving though that there's negative feedback so soon.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Master Detailer

What have you been hearing?

Quick Reply: Blox Lca