Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

03 RSX seized rear toe

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 06:08 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 RSX seized rear toe

Hello all,
I have a 2003 RSX with 160k miles on it that were all put on in the midwest. Including lots of winter miles. I noticed my rear tires were wearing significantly in the inner portion so I had an alignment done a little bit sooner than my usual 1 year. Went up to sears to use my lifetime alignment and the mechanic informed me that my rear toe was seized. The only thing not attempted on the bolts was heat but I will try that myself if I can figure out what I will need to replace when it inevitably breaks if it does not come loose. So I guess my question is where do I go from here? I want to do the repair myself since I can't really afford to just throw money at the car.

Here are the full specs of my current alignment.

Front Left
Camber: 0.2
Caster: 1.1
Toe: 0.0

Front Right
Camber: -0.4
Caster: 1.8
Toe: -0.03

Rear Left:
Camber: -1.4
Toe: -0.09

Rear Right
Camber: -0.9
Toe: -0.82
Old 11-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Trial User

Default Re: 03 RSX seized rear toe

Bump
Old 11-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everyone is too quick to use a torch. That damages a LOT of surrounding parts.

I do not recommend using a torch. I specifically tell shops to NOT use torches on anything, and to let me know if something is stuck so that I can handle it.

In your case, I would do it thusly:

Buy new control arms from Honda.

Buy new bolts, nuts, and eccentrics from Honda. Sometimes your nut-side eccentrics are still fine. So maybe you just need the cam bolts and nuts.

Sawzall or cut the bolts out. Carefully clean and fix the paint you damaged via the sawzall/cutoff wheel.

Use anti sieze on the new hardware.

That's your best bet.

Aftermarket adjustable arms are available too. But the quality isn't the same as factory.

Lastly, make sure your bushings are properly clocked when installing the new arm(s) or you'll damage the bushing in a month or less.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:33 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by B serious
Everyone is too quick to use a torch. That damages a LOT of surrounding parts.

I do not recommend using a torch. I specifically tell shops to NOT use torches on anything, and to let me know if something is stuck so that I can handle it.

In your case, I would do it thusly:

Buy new control arms from Honda.

Buy new bolts, nuts, and eccentrics from Honda. Sometimes your nut-side eccentrics are still fine. So maybe you just need the cam bolts and nuts.

Sawzall or cut the bolts out. Carefully clean and fix the paint you damaged via the sawzall/cutoff wheel.

Use anti sieze on the new hardware.

That's your best bet.

Aftermarket adjustable arms are available too. But the quality isn't the same as factory.

Lastly, make sure your bushings are properly clocked when installing the new arm(s) or you'll damage the bushing in a month or less.
Thank you! Could you help me identify the parts? I am looking at the diagram trying to make sense of it but I am at a loss. https://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-p...lower-arm-scat