Notices
Southern California Fresno & Below

Salvage titles

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Salvage titles

Hey guys I've been shopping around for a 98+ gsr and I've been running across a few salvage titles that seem like pretty good deals. Some of them say that the salvage title is because of theft, but I've tried to look online for what the exact definition of a salvage title due to theft is and I can't find it. I've only found some states that give salvage titles due to theft and california is not one of them. So what does a Salvage title due to theft mean? Thanks
Old 06-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Salvage titles (grantman)

this seems interesting, my last car was salvage due to theft to unless the lady lied me
Old 06-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Salvage titles (integra_661)

yea! I've bought salvaged titled cars before, and also have had clean titles cars that have been stolen and the insurance company puts a salvage title on them. If it was stolen, and not in an accident the insurance company would put a salvaged title and not state "why" just "salvaged". If your planning to buy one just be really careful and look at the uni-body structure and look to see if there is any altered (welded) panels. anyone can replace a fender, door, hood and say it's never been in an accident. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Salvage titles (ohsheetadrian)

Thanks, so I guess it would be salvaged because so much was stolen out of the car that it would be considered "totaled" although there would probably be no frame damage or anything like that, right?
Old 06-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the insurance can consider a car salvaged from theft from for the simplest things taken for a car... they do this because they would rather give the car a salvage title rather then to fix to pay for the damage... insurance company's will give a car a salvage title just for a dent in the fender... if the salvage title was givin to the current owner its important that u ask about it... but also look at the ca skeptically and inspect every inch of the car because there are some shady sellers out there... always take the most time possible to look at the car.... never look at it in the dark... good luck finding the right car
Old 06-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by grantman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks, so I guess it would be salvaged because so much was stolen out of the car that it would be considered "totaled" although there would probably be no frame damage or anything like that, right?</TD></TR></TABLE>
right!