Notices
Southeast Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina

Charleston, SC Area Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charleston, SC Area Thread

It has been some time since we have all met up! Let's get it back going! I plan on going out to K-mart tonight. Who's in? I'll be driving a slow *** red eg hatch.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Charleston, SC Area Thread

Ive notice that there is no decent import scene, when i moved to Charleston. I'm originally from Columbia SC. The only imports that i have seen are ragged out or want to be street racers. No actual love for the scene. I had about 20 cars pull up beside me that are half *** put together.They rev there engines with there music loud and its a little punk in the car with clear Gay altezza lights. lol. What a waist of time. I haven't really seen or meet anyone that has a Quality built car or knows what they are talking about. Most cars are junk yard built. If i do see one, I would beep the horn and drive up and talk to someone. If we can find them. lol. But im building another k swapped ek myself. Finally got the shell to build it up. Good luck. I keep an eye out. It would be nice to find a mature group of people to have like a honda hooters meet or something. Here is a pic of my last build. peace!

Old 05-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice build! Looks good. There are some nice builds around here, but you're right more bad than good. Lol! My wife and i both love our honda's. Here's a link to her build tread. I think she has some pics of my car in there. https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...hlight=gldelox.

I went out to K-mart last night and it was a good crowd. I met some new people. Hope to see more out there next weekend.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank You! Yeah got busy this weekend. The del sol is looking fresh! I seen a red eg hatch the other day. It had red wheels on it looked pretty good. Is that yours? Maybe ill try to stop by if i get some spare time. working and spending time with family and hobbies are hard to find time Getting old sucks.lol
Old 05-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea that was me. Its got red volk ce28's on it now. I know all about not having much spare time. lol!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cool I pass you most mornings. I drive the 99 black si with the blacked out wheels heading towards the weapon station. Its my beater till i get my hatch going.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I should be out there this sat night. I try get out there by 9 or 9:30. swing by if you got time
Old 05-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok yeah i try to swing in for a meet and greet. I could always use a hand when i start building. I havent lived here long so meeting people would be great.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've seen your si. It looked clean from what i could see. I think i seen it this morning. I'm driving my tbss today. it silver with black wheels
Old 05-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i can help you out. I got a lift at my house. it makes swaping a lot easier. lol
Old 05-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah the car is in ok condition ,could use a fresh paint job and some more tlc. Honestly sold my bmw to buy another ek to build and was just looking to buy a used beater. found a guy named trent in goose creek selling his car. This guy halfed *** everything on this car . ive spent more time and money than i wanted to get this car back to a decent ride. Im still trying to work out and replace parts on it. Thats why i havent started my project yet. But its my fault in a way cause i was in a rush to buy when i bought it . it was raining and dark. oh well u leave and learn..
Old 05-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A lift is nice to have! sounds good bro!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Does anyone know where i can find a cheap pair of 99-00 civic fenders with no dents and a hood?? Dont really care what the color is.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got my fenders off of ebay and they fit well, not sure how the cheap ebay hood will fit. I know the aftermarket bumper don't fit very well.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Whats up guys. Im in the charleston area. Havent been around lately.(Too much other things going on) I used to be out at k-mart every weekend but it got boring. I also used to go to dorchester dragway all the time too. sseater Ive seen you out there before running your trailblazer. Ive got a 94 eg hatch teal with a white bumper and passenger fender. Car is currently down for a rebuild but will be back out soon.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sikvic00 Nice pics of the car. Looks very clean. There are some nice cars around charleston. K-mart is a good place to start meeting people but at the same time for every one nice car there are 10 ricers. Let me know if you guys want to meet up and talk cars.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey fellas, does south carolina have any good local forums?

I'm getting station in SC after im done here in august, so im just looking to join a local forum to be better in touch with the scene/events there.

thanks everybody
Old 05-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i was thinking eBay to. i can get two fenders off there for around 80. I still need to pull the dx engine out of the hatch. I have to save up for some jacks and stands. I also need to purchase a engine hoist unless one of you guys have one. The only local forums i know of Is teamrush.net and carolinahondas.com but a lot of guys are from N.C.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by handmedownhatch
Whats up guys. Im in the charleston area. Havent been around lately.(Too much other things going on) I used to be out at k-mart every weekend but it got boring. I also used to go to dorchester dragway all the time too. sseater Ive seen you out there before running your trailblazer. Ive got a 94 eg hatch teal with a white bumper and passenger fender. Car is currently down for a rebuild but will be back out soon.
What's up handmedownhatch, I've been trying to get out to k-mart every weekend cause i heard there was some money runs going on. There has been a few runs but not a lot. I tried to run a mustang weekend before last with the hatch but he backed out. lol! I agree it used to be boring but i've enjoyed going out the last few weekends. I've met lots of new peeps. I haven't ran the trailblazer sense last year. I don't think i'm going to run it anymore at the track. Its just a daily now. I think i've seen your hatch a while back. Well come on out to k-mart when you got some time. If its not raining i'll be there in the hatch and if you need a hand on your car hit me up.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sikvic00
yea i was thinking eBay to. i can get two fenders off there for around 80. I still need to pull the dx engine out of the hatch. I have to save up for some jacks and stands. I also need to purchase a engine hoist unless one of you guys have one.
I have a hoist and jack stands. I don't need the jacks stands anymore. I'll sell you those cheap. Let me know when you are ready and we'll get up.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds good! trying to get up some spare time.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok tomorrow night! 9:00 at K-mark...Who's Coming????
Old 05-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whats up everyone, didnt know there was a charleston thread.... heres a picture of my car, edward knows all about it....

Old 05-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey sseater you think you could help me pull my engine out of the hatch sat evening if nothings going on. i need a engine hoist. text me 803-309-8744
Old 05-14-2011, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol! What's up Shardbody, Did you get all your new parts on yet? You back up and running?

Quick Reply: Charleston, SC Area Thread