What do you thiink of the PCS piggy back vs the greddy e-manage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of the PCS piggy back vs the greddy e-manage?

strictly talking about piggy back systems and not stand alones and ems and what not, how would u rate these 2 compared to eachother? one of the vendors on a forum i am on swears that the PCS is a good system and way better then the e-manage even though it has less control and less features, i think this is a total load of crap. it looks to be bascially an overpriced afc/vafc with little or no more features. so can anyone back me on this?

for those of you that dont know, this is the pcs:
http://dezod.com/pd_powertrain_control_systems.cfm

Old 12-30-2006, 04:14 PM

Default Re: What do you think of the PCS piggy back vs the greddy e-manage? (abmerop18)

bump for info
Old 12-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What do you think of the PCS piggy back vs the greddy e-manage? (abmerop18)

why run a piggy back at all?
Old 12-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you think of the PCS piggy back vs the greddy e-manage? (SOHC_MShue)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC_MShue &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why run a piggy back at all? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree - with all of the options available for Hondas, why even consider a piggy-back? Are you running some oddball application that can't use any of the better solutions?
Old 12-30-2006, 05:10 PM

Default Re: What do you think of the PCS piggy back vs the greddy e-manage? (Top Ramen)

im not asking about running piggy back or stand alone, just asking for an opinion ont he comparison of these 2 systems
Old 12-30-2006, 05:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What do you think of the PCS piggy back vs the greddy e-manage? (Top Ramen)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Top Ramen &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I agree - with all of the options available for Hondas, why even consider a piggy-back? Are you running some oddball application that can't use any of the better solutions?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know exactly what he's talking about, and yes, oddball is the right word. 2001-2005 civics with D17s. Your options are E-manage, this thing, or an AEM EMS. Hondata abandoned any sort of flash or programmable box like K-pro, and there's no backdate ability to OBD1 enabling the use of Crome, neptune, etc....

Most people don't want to spend the $1300 for the EMS to make 180-190 HP with a bolt on kit.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: What do you think of the PCS piggy back vs the greddy e-manage? (Boilermaker1)

Compaired to megasquirt, both are a POS. MS can be anything from a piggyback fuel/spark system to a full-blown standalone. The base system can be upgraded at will, lots of **** added. Not only that, but you could rip it off the car once if you sell/crash it, and install it on an entirely different make/model if you wanted to.

Otherwise, pick whichever is cheapest. I hate to go against your 'piggyback or stfu' requirements, but MS is proven to work on **** from turbo miatas to boosted BMW's to '03 mustangs with individual coils & a big, fat turbo. A complete system costs a bit less than that PCS POS, and a top end system still is less than an AEM system, but is x-ferable to another car.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by abmerop18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im not asking about running piggy back or stand alone, just asking for an opinion ont he comparison of these 2 systems</TD></TR></TABLE>
ahh didnt see you have a 7th gen. Emanage should work fine, but i've heard some decent stuff about emanage ultimate. Its suppose to have more control.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:10 PM

Default Re: What do you think of the PCS piggy back vs the greddy e-manage? (SOHC_MShue)

anyone ever even heard of this pos PCS system? this dude swears by it and claims it is so much better then emanage
Old 12-31-2006, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PCS stuff is top notch, it does exactly what it says it does nad does it very well. The guy that started PCS (russ) was one of the developers of electromotive, PCS's main stuff is their tranny controlers and dataloggers though.

afaik the pcs controler only does fuel, no timing.

honestly, id wait on the AEM FIC, its going to be priced much lower than most other options and works on hte output side of the ecu instead of the input side of the ecu.