Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resistor box removal How-To?

I've search to only find a little info.

Car: 91 CRX HF
Motor: D16z6
Obd: Converting completly over to obd1
ECU: P28
Problem: Resistor box

Does anyone have picutres and/or write up of how to eliminate this?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:02 AM

Default Re: Resistor box removal How-To? (killa rex)

the risister box is under the hood, driver's side, right next to the firewall. green 5 pin connector. looks like a heatsink sorta.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Resistor box removal How-To? (jacoop86)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jacoop86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the risister box is under the hood, driver's side, right next to the firewall. green 5 pin connector. looks like a heatsink sorta.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jake, he wants to know how to delete it when going OBD1.

You have to solder all the red wires from the injectors to the red wire going to the resistor box from the ecu. Some people get fancy and pin it to the OBD1 plug which will be yellow/black wires. On the OBD1 harness it's on the passenger side and it will be a plug sorta. It's a plug with an insert in it that connects them all together.

I just soldered and taped mine. Worked fine.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:22 AM

Default Re: Resistor box removal How-To? (ludesrv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludesrv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Jake, he wants to know how to delete it when going OBD1.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ohh, mabey i shouldnt think when going on 20hr w/o sleep...
Old 11-26-2007, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Resistor box removal How-To? (jacoop86)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jacoop86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ohh, mabey i shouldnt think when going on 20hr w/o sleep...</TD></TR></TABLE>

We have all done it lol .

I hope my info was accurate enough. Get confirmation.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:40 AM

Instead of soldering it i just added a connector, one that has a male and female part and i can disconnect whenever i want to slow car theifs even more.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Peak and Hold &gt; Saturated Injectors.

why not just use some stock CRX D16 injetors instead of getting rid of the resistor box?

correct me if I'm wrong but I though all d16 injectors were 215's?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no ****, anything to slow car theft down is two thumbs up!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wickedEFguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wickedEFguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Peak and Hold &gt; Saturated Injectors.

why not just use some stock CRX D16 injetors instead of getting rid of the resistor box?

correct me if I'm wrong but I though all d16 injectors were 215's?</TD></TR></TABLE>

All D and B injectors are 240cc.

And if you are running OBD1 ECU you must use OBD1 or OBD2 injectors. Running Saturated injectors on a peak and hold ecu will cause some troubles down the road.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ludesrv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ludesrv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And if you are running OBD1 ECU you must use OBD1 or OBD2 injectors. Running Saturated injectors on a peak and hold ecu will cause some troubles down the road.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well OBD0 MPFI are peak and hold so I should have been more specific. OBD1/2 are Saturated. Why would it cause problems to use a peak and hold injector on a OBD1 ECU if you have a resistor box if he they were to use Peak and hold injector from an OBD0 car like a CRX Si/hf or 90-93 Intergra?

makes sense to me because you don't have to re-wire anything and besides Peak and hold injectors are more responsive if he was ever to upgrade.

Go here for more info on saturated/peak and hold injectors.
http://www.msdignition.com/fuel_3.htm

Old 11-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wickedEFguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wickedEFguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well OBD0 MPFI are peak and hold so I should have been more specific. OBD1/2 are Saturated. Why would it cause problems to use a peak and hold injector on a OBD1 ECU if you have a resistor box if he they were to use Peak and hold injector from an OBD0 car like a CRX Si/hf or 90-93 Intergra?

makes sense to me because you don't have to re-wire anything and besides Peak and hold injectors are more responsive if he was ever to upgrade.

Go here for more info on saturated/peak and hold injectors.
http://www.msdignition.com/fuel_3.htm

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought the same way as you. I won't bother putting obd1 injectors on my obd1 ecu car. I removed the resistor box (as it will hurt the ecu) and the injectors starting throwing code 16. Eventually I replace them with obd2 injectors and the code went away and vtec finally worked .
Old 11-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And if you are running OBD1 ECU you must use OBD1 or OBD2 injectors. Running Saturated injectors on a peak and hold ecu will cause some troubles down the road. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is new to me??? Never heard such a thing.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I thought the same way as you. I won't bother putting obd1 injectors on my obd1 ecu car. I removed the resistor box (as it will hurt the ecu) and the injectors starting throwing code 16. Eventually I replace them with obd2 injectors and the code went away and vtec finally worked .</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's where you went wrong.

Leave the resistor box, and you can keep your peak/hold injectors. They threw a code because they didn't have the resistor box.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I thought the same way as you. I won't bother putting obd1 injectors on my obd1 ecu car. I removed the resistor box (as it will hurt the ecu) and the injectors starting throwing code 16. Eventually I replace them with obd2 injectors and the code went away and vtec finally worked .</TD></TR></TABLE>

I never said to use OBD1 injectors on a car that was converted to OBD1 from OBD0. I was stating that you can use the stock CRX injectors (which are PEAK AND HOLD INJECTORS) on the car so you don't have to remove the resistor box.

A resistor box is needed to run PEAK AND HOLD INJECTORS being how the CRX (Si/Hf) have PEAK AND HOLD INJECTORS you can use them instead of the OBD1 injectors which are saturated and will RUIN the injector driver on the ECU.

So what we learned today is that PEAK AND HOLD INJECTORSrequire a RESISTOR BOX and that on a car that is converted OBD0 -&gt; OBD1 you can use PEAK AND HOLD INJECTORS from a CRX (Si/Hf) since they are PEAK AND HOLD INJECTORS

Old 11-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Now I'm kinda curious...

If I ran obd1 injectors w/ the resistor box. Will it cause any damage, miss fire, rough idling?

Reason why I asked is because, I'm using my stock HF engine harness, it been cut & soldered with OBD1 injector clips. The car will only start if the resistor box is connected. If not, it will just crank.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (killa rex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by killa rex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now I'm kinda curious...

If I ran obd1 injectors w/ the resistor box. Will it cause any damage, miss fire, rough idling?

Reason why I asked is because, I'm using my stock HF engine harness, it been cut & soldered with OBD1 injector clips. The car will only start if the resistor box is connected. If not, it will just crank.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

The reason it won't start is because the injectors aren't getting any power. Yes it will cause damage if you run OBD1 injectors with a resistor box. It'll ruin the injector driver on the ECU.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Resistor box removal How-To?

just wondering can I cut the plug off the resistor box an solder wires together so that if I wona got back to same sorta injectors as factory just bigger ?
Old 06-29-2019, 05:11 PM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts
Default Re: Resistor box removal How-To?

Originally Posted by Weemanink66
just wondering can I cut the plug off the resistor box an solder wires together so that if I wona got back to same sorta injectors as factory just bigger ?
Yes, that will work. Make sure you insulate the solder joint well.