Notices

Lets make build thread great again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lets make build thread great again!

This is a build thread of a car my friends and I put together a few years ago (2015). One of my friends bought a hatch off another friend and wanted me to build him a 500 hp B series. The 91 hatch was rough as many are now these days. It was going to be a quick swap as a built engine was sourced from another friend that had it built for an unfinished project. I dropped the car off after the swap to some more friends build him a turbo kit. (I have lots of friends in the industry) I didnt take many photos of the car because it was just another job and wasnt too pretty to look at. After the kit was complete, things changed. My friend (the owner of the hatch) was making more money and now wanted a tuck and shave. I own a company called Hush Performance in Arizona. My shop specializes in EF and DA cable to hydro conversions, brake/clutch components and 3 piece front ends. The previous year (2014) We had designed a built a 3 piece front end for a DA. My customers were begging for an EF. Since the hatch was now getting painted I decided this was the time to make the EF front. In the thread youll see 2 cars. The CRX we used to build the front while another friend and I worked on the hatch. This was now going to be a SEMA feature car for 2015. We worked really hard and was had finished the build on time (it didnt run well but good enough for a show). SEMA made a mistake and our spot was already taken which left us no room to show. It wasnt the end of the world. We were picked up by Konig Wheels USA and featured us in 2016. The hatch has gone through a lot of changes since then and actually makes the 500 he wanted. 517 to be exact, tuned by Brent of PFI. Our best ET 10.79 and 131 on 91 pump gas using Neptune Tuning Software.

Last edited by hush22; 06-30-2019 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Typos
The following 2 users liked this post by hush22:
Old 07-01-2019, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Lets make build thread great again!

This is one of my favorite EF's of all time. Clean and fast, love the build, thanks for posting it!

Whats next for the car?