***The Official JRSC Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 01:37 PM
talks to himself

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Re: ***The Official JRSC Thread***

TFW reading you're post.

You'll get it back and then have to machine the fuel rail to fit like what happened with mine.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So got the bugs worked out of my kit, car is up and running. Car pulls really well for being at 6 psi and no exhaust mods other then a cat delete. Plus the sound with the factory exhaust is just great. Trying to plan ahead on the next round of things to do to the car, hopefully you guys can help me with these couple of things.

1) my car is a stock motor em1 with just a SRI, after the blower I literally cannot hear VTEC at all is this normal lol?

2) I live in Az, not planning on a LHT for a long while but want to get a bigger crank pulley at some point but using the FTL calculator this thing already seems too hot at 6psi... is 9 psi kinda the limit without an intercooler or is a 11 a doable number ( doesn't seem likely)

3) I have a cheapo eBay 4-1 header with a 2.5" collector laying around would putting that on and having it connect to the stock exhaust just be a complete waste? Don't really want a full exhaust on the car as just hearing the blower is great but will put one on if it gonna be a huge restriction,

4) is a 3" modded kamikaze header too much for a very simple setup like mine

thanks for any help!
Old 03-17-2017, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 814 Likes on 754 Posts

Exhaust and even a small collector header will not really rob you of many HP on the B16 JRSC kit. Boost pressure is not really the issue, it is about blower speed when it comes to making heat. Remember that your engine displacement is small, so at any given supercharger speed, your engine will be making more boost than a 1.8L or 2.0L combination. Forget the crank pulley idea... get a MVM stepper pulley... it adds 3psi over what you have now, minimizes belt slip and doesn't overdrive any of the other accessories robbing you of some of the additional HP you are making with the increased boost.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ vtakdis, have you considered water / meth injection?

I have a devils own kit I was planning to use on top of the LHT kit bc I do a lot of summer autox events.

If I had it to do over again, I'd go with just the water / meth injection for simplicity and intake charge cooling.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by CX-Adam
TFW reading you're post.

You'll get it back and then have to machine the fuel rail to fit like what happened with mine.

What does TFW mean?
​​​​​​​
I'm using an AEM fuel rail, and instead decided to use longer studs for the fuel rail.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hello guys,

I'm having trouble trying to get all the things I need for this supercharger.
I don't have much knowledge on this I just know there's belts, pulleys, and other stuff that
I'm wondering what exactly it is I need to complete this set up.
I don't know which belts and pulleys I need or where I can find them to purchase them.
If anyone is willing to show me into the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.
this is the first time I've tried to supercharge my Civic.
I'll put a pic of what I have so far which is basically only the Jackson Racing Supercharger.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok guys, I finally finished my install and I have the RC 440 injectors and I uploaded the b16 with 440 injectors JRSC calibration from the smanager software and I have a plx wideband and it goes straight to 18:1 them 19:1 then 20:1 and then just says lean. Im confused why this is happening if the basemap is intended for my exact set up. Any help.would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What's your base fuel pressure?

If you're around 48psi, then I'd turn it up to about 52psi and see if that helps.

Remember all cars are different.

That tune may have been at a different altitude / temperature / humidity / cam advance or retard than you're seeing currently.

You will still need a tune.

Think of this as a base map.

If 52psi fuel pressure doesn't get you close, then start scaling the fuel up by say 10% for the entire calibration and see what the wideband says.

Check your base timing at idle also and compare to what is in the cal.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Black R
^ vtakdis, have you considered water / meth injection?

I have a devils own kit I was planning to use on top of the LHT kit bc I do a lot of summer autox events.

If I had it to do over again, I'd go with just the water / meth injection for simplicity and intake charge cooling.
yes water meth is coming very soon also a devils own kit, mainly trying to figure out the exhaust end out and what kind of boost I can shoot for
Old 03-20-2017, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What's your base fuel pressure?

If you're around 48psi, then I'd turn it up to about 52psi and see if that helps.

Remember all cars are different.

That tune may have been at a different altitude / temperature / humidity / cam advance or retard than you're seeing currently.

You will still need a tune.

Think of this as a base map.

If 52psi fuel pressure doesn't get you close, then start scaling the fuel up by say 10% for the entire calibration and see what the wideband says.

Check your base timing at idle also and compare to what is in the cal.
with the vacuum line connected fuel pressure is 38-40 and with it disconnected it is about 47 I think. And I was able to get the AFR to 14.6:1 but I had to increase the fuel trim by 60% my timing is 16° on the motor and in the software.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by vtakdis
yes water meth is coming very soon also a devils own kit, mainly trying to figure out the exhaust end out and what kind of boost I can shoot for
Ok, so you're probably going to want 3" collector header with short, fat primaries and then a 3" exhaust.

If sound is an issue for you, then you could run a noise canceling valve type muffler or twin loop axle back.

I think the ideal daily setup would be 3" collector header and an e-cutout, then a twinloop catback to quiet the system down.

Last edited by Black R; 03-24-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I run a stock fuel rail and I don't remember having to do anything special with my setup.

I might have asked this before but is ethanol fuel not available for you guys? It was a no-brainer for me to run e-85 vs 91+injection
Old 03-22-2017, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94sccivichb
Hello guys,

I'm having trouble trying to get all the things I need for this supercharger.
I don't have much knowledge on this I just know there's belts, pulleys, and other stuff that
I'm wondering what exactly it is I need to complete this set up.
I don't know which belts and pulleys I need or where I can find them to purchase them.
If anyone is willing to show me into the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.
this is the first time I've tried to supercharge my Civic.
I'll put a pic of what I have so far which is basically only the Jackson Racing Supercharger.
You need a bunch of stuff. Tensioners, alternator pulley, belts. That's pretty basic. Have you already purchased this ?
Old 03-22-2017, 01:02 PM
talks to himself

Received 78 Likes on 65 Posts

What does TFW mean?

I'm using an AEM fuel rail, and instead decided to use longer studs for the fuel rail.

TFW = This Face When

My LHT kit required grinding my studs WAY shorter in order to get them to thread into the mount holes. So short that there wasn't anything left to thread a nut onto with the stock rail (which I had to grind the sides off of). So, then I had to mill the rail tabs down and then counter sink them to use a cap screw.

Stock stud in background with maximum allowable length in foreground:

Nothing left for a nut to grab on to once the rail was installed. I later realized a nut didn't even fit.

The solution milled the centers of the mount tabs and counter sunk them so we could use allen screws since traditional bolts didn't fit. I think I was grinding a bit more off the sides in this picture:

Final fit:
Old 03-23-2017, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HeikDiesel
You need a bunch of stuff. Tensioners, alternator pulley, belts. That's pretty basic. Have you already purchased this ?
oh okay thank you where about can i purchase them if yu know? yea i traded someone a ps4 i never really used lol.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There is no single source to get all of the parts that you need. Moss Motors and Motorvations Motorsports are the two places to try first.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

TFW = This Face When

My LHT kit required grinding my studs WAY shorter in order to get them to thread into the mount holes. So short that there wasn't anything left to thread a nut onto with the stock rail (which I had to grind the sides off of). So, then I had to mill the rail tabs down and then counter sink them to use a cap screw.

I'll have to compare that with mine now that I see what you did/are talking about
Old 03-24-2017, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

TFW = This Face When

Stock stud in background with maximum allowable length in foreground:

Nothing left for a nut to grab on to once the rail was installed. I later realized a nut didn't even fit.

The solution milled the centers of the mount tabs and counter sunk them so we could use allen screws since traditional bolts didn't fit. I think I was grinding a bit more off the sides in this picture:

Final fit:

mine looks nothing like that - fuel rail fits very well compared to yours - still not ideal.

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

it would seem they have made some improvements, but the leaking I can't condone. :/

Last edited by Black R; 03-25-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 94sccivichb
oh okay thank you where about can i purchase them if yu know? yea i traded someone a ps4 i never really used lol.
I'd check with MVM and Moss like JRCivic said for the originals first. If you don't have any luck there and you don't mind aftermarket.... you can grab this set to complete your setup.

Jackson Racing supercharger bracket kit B-Series eBay
Old 03-25-2017, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Jrcivic....
when are you gonna slick that 540hp beast up and take it down the drag strip.
​​​​​​​even 1solid pass would be appreciated.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by mr. Grind
Jrcivic....
when are you gonna slick that 540hp beast up and take it down the drag strip.
​​​​​​​even 1solid pass would be appreciated.
Working on it now Grind... got new axles, big spline hubs, Wilwood brakes and all new spherical front end parts from ESM to install and then she will be track ready. I think I am going to change back to a conventional clutch too while I am at it since I have been fighting the twin disc set up for so long... I can't seem to get it just right. Besides, the twin disc clutch makes for a grouchy beast when driving in stop and go traffic !!!
Old 03-26-2017, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Question for you jrsc guys. Theres a some what local guy saying hes running 28psi in his jrsc d16. Ive hever heard of one going that high.

Is that even possible?
Old 03-26-2017, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by slowDB7
Question for you jrsc guys. Theres a some what local guy saying hes running 28psi in his jrsc d16. Ive hever heard of one going that high.

Is that even possible?
NOPE, sounds like the guy I met once that said his single cam JRSC made 600 HP lol
Old 03-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally finished my install, now if anyone could help me with a basemap I'd appreciate it. The hondata map runs lean as ****.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ that header doesn't look ideal.

Whats your setup?
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​You in CA?

Quick Reply: ***The Official JRSC Thread***