Notices

***The Official JRSC Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2023, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: ***The Official JRSC Thread***

So I just got a blacked out JRSC with the LHT manifold, stepper pulley, and all the brackets for probably too much money. Still cheaper than getting the parts separately by a lot though.

Now to overhaul the whole thing and decide if I'm breaking my CARB legal setup to put on the intercooler since it's over 100F here in the summers and I'd like the safety margin.

Have to be honest, keeping this thing emissions legal in CA is making me consider registering it at my grandparents out of state so I can run a standalone and tune it properly.
Old 05-27-2023, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by CobaltFire
So I just got a blacked out JRSC with the LHT manifold, stepper pulley, and all the brackets for probably too much money. Still cheaper than getting the parts separately by a lot though.

Now to overhaul the whole thing and decide if I'm breaking my CARB legal setup to put on the intercooler since it's over 100F here in the summers and I'd like the safety margin.

Have to be honest, keeping this thing emissions legal in CA is making me consider registering it at my grandparents out of state so I can run a standalone and tune it properly.
Sure is a lot of work and money just for a +10WHP gain and still requires you to tapdance around your dumbass state's emissions laws.

I know I sound like a dick but every time I see people here mention cali emissions crap like this it just irritates the hell out of me, and concerns me because with how much immigration we've gotten into my state these last few years I wonder how quickly, and how much for us will continue to change.
Old 05-27-2023, 06:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Emissions here suck, but they have done what they needed to. I can see the mountains from my house now and couldn't back in high school (late 90's) primarily due to that.

Amusing part is I used to live in Texas, and the part of California I live in (and grew up in) is pretty much Texas. It's all ag, rodeos, big trucks, blue collar, etc. here. It's a trip going back to visit friends in Fort Worth or them coming here because it's so similar.

As for my specific case with the Integra: yeah it's a PITA. Right now the car is a neat time capsule and still running fine overall in it's emissions legal form. I'm not worried about HP, because I've got faster cars (that cause fewer headaches). The DB8 is there as a classic to be enjoyed. Half of the fun right now has been proving I can still keep it running under California laws! I just want the IC to buy a bit of safety driving it here on the hot days, not to tune a bunch of power. It's also just cool.

I am kind of curious though, why do Cali emissions bother you if you don't live here? It's probably not good for your health to get worked up over something that doesn't really matter to you (speaking from experience here). If you mean because people moving there might bring the preference for those same laws, I can see that. I'd say that the people you are getting from California shouldn't worry you though; the ones heading there are primarily the ones who are even less inclined to want those laws than anyone already in your state in my experience.
Old 05-28-2023, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by CobaltFire

I don't think the LHT manifold will pass inspection because the supercharger has been heavily modified, and you can visibly see it since it sits on the manifold area.

I ran around for years on a tuned B18C5 with a LHT JRSC setup in CA, the key is just pay someone to pass your yearly smogs, or take it off which is a whole pain in the ***! As far as cops as long as I showed them the carb tags I was good but one day I got pulled over and the cop was a dick and gave me a ticket for my AEM fuel pressure regulator, I was sent to the state reff and had to convert the car back to stock! once I passed, I sold the LHT/JRSC and found a rare B series Pro Charger supercharger kit. These are carb legal in CA too. I actually made pretty much the same HP on half the boost with the Pro charger kit. same dyno, tuner and fuel. 12psi on the JRSC and 6 psi on the Pro charger, but just like the JRSC if you want to pass smog with it on you need the FMU kit to manage the fuel. The good thing is it takes maybe 30 min to remove or install the Pro charger. If I ever get pulled over, I just show the carb tag and never have an issue with cops with this kit. These are very popular in the domestic scene, and everyone knows Pro Charger superchargers are all carb legal.

I don't have to smog my Integra in CA I have it stuck in a loop from my smog connect, my registration comes back every 2 years as a renewal only it's been like 7 years straight now I think I will be selling my kit soon and building a new Pro charger kit with an upgraded C2 blower that I already ordered! PM me if anyone's interested it will be 100% complete.

Last edited by wunfstgsr; 05-29-2023 at 03:08 AM.
Old 05-30-2023, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, I'm aware of the legality aspect; I grabbed it because I may register it at my other home, or just swap it every time smog is up.

It would be the only part not legal on the car though, so I'm actually thinking of picking up a second Integra to put it on now...
Old 05-31-2023, 07:46 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a tuned ecu for ls vtec. could i run this in my non vtec ls?
Old 05-31-2023, 10:07 AM
H-T Premium Sponsor

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary757_
no
Old 05-31-2023, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, but depending on too many factors to explain, you may see the check engine light come on, it may not run "efficiently" and in extreme cases, there is the possibility of damaging the engine. Your best option is to get it re-tuned.
Old 05-31-2023, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 794 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Hasport
no
To clarify... "No" means if the ECU is run "as-is". I agree here that running a non-VTEC engine with a LS/VTEC ECU/tune is a really bad idea.

How exactly is it tuned ? If it is a "chipped" ECU, consider purchasing a non-VTEC basemap from an online supplier like John Vega at Pherable. Then you can swap the chip, assuming that the current chip isn't soldered directly to the ECU board but is placed in a socket. Make sure that you install the chip with the orientation slot pointed toward the center of the ECU and NOT toward the outer case... and ALL pins align and slide into the chip socket.
Old 11-02-2023, 02:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi !! one importat question: Where have you connected the PCV that comes from the engine block? I connected it to the gooseneck (after Throttle Body) but it seems with this recirculating setup the supercharger just sucks in so much air that it fills the oil catch can really quick

Is there any other recommended configuration?

BR
Old 04-11-2024, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I finally got around to building my custom lht intercooler. I had about 5hrs of tig practice with my Ahp welder before I started and not to mention I only had 120v available.

3 laminova cores

booger welds

weld 12 an bungs

pressure tested the end tanks

Testing the cooler

ambient air temp

I forgot to take a pic of the temp with the hair dryer on. The max temp it got with my old hair dryer was 140f. After a couple of minute with the garden house on it dropped to 85f.

Relocated the iat sensor using a threaded crv iat sensor. The tips of the 1000cc sit flush with the intake manifold when I put the thermal gasket on. Will the current injector nozzle location be an issue with atomization?

sharpie dye

lapped the manifold with 1000 grit

Old 04-11-2024, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

custom 74mm s tube with a 74mm tb inlet. I ported the inlet and out let of the blower a few years ago

3d printed a router jig for the s tube flange

remote iacv